[Q] Lost root with 4.3, still showing S-Off...

Search This thread

cope413

Jan 7, 2014
I'm still new to this, so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I can't seem to find a straight answer in other posts.

I have a VZW Htc One and I used rumrunner successfully when i was still on 4.2. Being new to rooting,etc. I wasn't thinking about the OTA update and accepted it.

I lost root according to the Root Checker app (and titanium backup says I do not have root access). When I boot to the bootloader, it shows

*** Unlocked ***
M7_WLV PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
Hboot 1.55.0000
Radio-1.12.41.1112_2
OS-2.10.605.1

My question is will the instructions on this thread still work to regain root?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2417043

If not, do I need to wait for the new rumrunner from beaups or is there another way?

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
If you are still S-OFF and Unlocked just push a custom recovery via fastboot and you can install SU from there. Or just flash a custom rom that is already rooted.

cope413

Jan 7, 2014
So is the only reason I can't post in the developer's forum is because I don't have 10 posts and therefore could potentially be a spammer?

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
So is the only reason I can't post in the developer's forum is because I don't have 10 posts and therefore could potentially be a spammer?
Yeah, or being a new forum member, they may not know or bother to search for answers to their questions before asking ones that have been answered already.
Unfortunately many users still haven't learned this after hundereds of posts, lol.
But yeah, that is the basic idea why.

Reactions: cope413 and brholt6

cope413

Jan 7, 2014
Thanks Santod. I swear I had an account on here with a bunch of posts - because you helped me with my Thunderbolt a couple years ago - but I guess not.

People like you make this place worthwhile. Glad to see you're still contributing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did same thing when 4.3 ota came out. I was passed. Was still s off and went into fastboot and flash tarp. After that ice been flashing every rom for etc one. Goodluck!

Not exactly sure that that is English, but good to know it works.

Thanks.
    Yeah, or being a new forum member, they may not know or bother to search for answers to their questions before asking ones that have been answered already.
    Unfortunately many users still haven't learned this after hundereds of posts, lol.
    But yeah, that is the basic idea why.