ATT HTC One M7

Search This thread

rmlrobl

Aug 3, 2014
Bricked?
My dad was trying to sync his phone with HTC Sync and we lost power. It was connected to his desktop, it was off when I got it and would boot loop.
Long story short, the phone is unlocked and rooted. It has Phils Touch 6.4.7. I cannot adb sidelod bc i get error: closed. I tried adb usb, same error. In TWRP, shows drive 0MB. put CWM back on, but still cannot push to drive. I can get to fastboot and recovery, can not do much of anything else. He has Win 7, I have a Mac.

It may be the partition table is corrupt, but not sure how to verify. HTC is new to me and my Dad, I need to fix this for him since I messed it up.

Any good help is appreciated in advance. Thanks.

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Bricked?
My dad was trying to sync his phone with HTC Sync and we lost power. It was connected to his desktop, it was off when I got it and would boot loop.
Long story short, the phone is unlocked and rooted. It has Phils Touch 6.4.7. I cannot adb sidelod bc i get error: closed. I tried adb usb, same error. In TWRP, shows drive 0MB. put CWM back on, but still cannot push to drive. I can get to fastboot and recovery, can not do much of anything else. He has Win 7, I have a Mac.

It may be the partition table is corrupt, but not sure how to verify. HTC is new to me and my Dad, I need to fix this for him since I messed it up.

Any good help is appreciated in advance. Thanks.

If your data partition is corrupt then check out this post!

rmlrobl

Aug 3, 2014
don't think that is the issue

When I go into recovery/install zip/browse, all I can see is /sdcard and nothing else. I have no idea is it is just \data or if it is actually the drive is gone. When I go to mounts, it allows me to mount /system, /cache, & /data with no errors. So I do not think this is my issue.

rmlrobl

Aug 3, 2014
Code:
C:\Android>fastboot oem lock
(bootloader) Lock successfully...
(bootloader) mipi display off
(bootloader) mipi_dsi_cmds_tx_ext
(bootloader) pm8921_vreg_disable function, vreg_id = 38
(bootloader) pm8921_vreg_disable function, vreg_id = 1
(bootloader) TZ_HTC_SVC_DISABLE ret = 534642044 (0x1FDDFD7C)
(bootloader) Use PSHOLD to reset device.
FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))
finished. total time: 1.358s

I cannot run any RUU, they fail. TWRP does not see the drive, says 0MB, and in CWM I can see, but when I copy, I get error: Closed. much harder when you do not have an external SD.
Any ideas?

rmlrobl

Aug 3, 2014
get var

I see most people ask for this, so here it is:

Code:
C:\Android>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.20.3218.13
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: HT********
(bootloader) imei: 3*******
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3990mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-a85199f7
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.109s

Last edited:

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen

Code:

I suggest you use Windows 7.

error closed is an adb issue with some versions of recovery, have you tried adb push instead of sideload, flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 recovery, put some sort of rom.zip in the same folder as adb and fastboot on your computer, open a command window in that folder and type

Code:
adb push (name-of-rom).zip /sdcard/

takes a while and will look unresponsive but the cmd window will let you know when its done.

also you say that TWRP says 0mb sdcard, do you mean it full or 0mb as in its empty and nothing on there, TWRP after selecting install will always default to your internal storage looking for files to flash.

RUU's are very confusing as you are s-on, worry about that later, just get it up and running for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: rmlrobl

rmlrobl

Aug 3, 2014
Update **NEW INFO**

OK, flashed TWRP 2.6.1.3

Found out my /DATA is encrypted, so I formatted it, rebooting and trying again..

PC see it as an
"one" and will not accept the right driver

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
OK, flashed TWRP 2.6.1.3

Found out my /DATA is encrypted, so I formatted it, rebooting and trying again..

PC see it as an
"one" and will not accept the right driver

needs to be 2.6.3.3 or above mate, but the 2.7.x.x series have problems, that's why everyone recommends 2.6.3.3 http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7

then download this and install it, drivers too, needs to be run as administrator:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

ALSO...........please check out FAQ 2 here re your drivers by nkk71, he's a rock star around here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52135024&postcount=2

rmlrobl

Aug 3, 2014
New TWRP

Cancer, I had 2.6.3.1, now have 2.6.3.3 and driver issue is resolved. I can see and mount data and see the other partitions. I am downloading a ROM now to install, the stock Deox sense 5.5

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Cancer, I had 2.6.3.1, now have 2.6.3.3 and driver issue is resolved. I can see and mount data and see the other partitions. I am downloading a ROM now to install, the stock Deox sense 5.5

LOL its Sean, that's just my star sign.

Glad you got it sorted, that rom will be fine, with your phone on the main screen only in TWRP recovery, no sub menu's, just adb push the rom to your sdcard as per my previous instructions, once done, unplug your phone before installing it.

rmlrobl

Aug 3, 2014
LOL its Sean, that's just my star sign.

Glad you got it sorted, that rom will be fine, with your phone on the main screen only in TWRP recovery, no sub menu's, just adb push the rom to your sdcard as per my previous instructions, once done, unplug your phone before installing it.

Sean,

I got it running, I also donated. Thanks again. BTW, I am still s-on, can I flash a newer ROM still, I have the stock firmware..

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Sean,

I got it running, I also donated. Thanks again. BTW, I am still s-on, can I flash a newer ROM still, I have the stock firmware..

Try and get s-off first, then you can flash any RUU including your original one, even if its a lower version than you had on there to begin with.

should be easy on your current HBOOT 1.55, use rumrunner to get s-off. http://rumrunner.us/

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Can I flash with TWRP? like you can on a Samsung?

You need to download the rumrunner software from there site and then with your phone booted into a Rom and plugged into the computer, run the file as instructed.

If you are successful with s-off then you are good to run the ruu as normal from Windows as it's an exe file, it will return your phone to full stock.

rmlrobl

Aug 3, 2014
You need to download the rumrunner software from there site and then with your phone booted into a Rom and plugged into the computer, run the file as instructed.

If you are successful with s-off then you are good to run the ruu as normal from Windows as it's an exe file, it will return your phone to full stock.

ran the rum twice, still s-on, I think it took an ATT update last night. At any rate, guess I am stuck. Not wanting stock, just a custom ROM.

rmlrobl

Aug 3, 2014
Code:
Do you understand the implications of these warnings?

(Yes/No)
Yes
Yes

!!If firewater hangs for more than 2 minutes or device enters qhusb mode, ho

ld power for 60 seconds !!
=========================================================================
    preparing, one moment

The first bottle is open
    chugging..........

********** whelp, this sucks, firewater can not work on your device **********
********** no amount of reflashing, retrying, or ruuing will fix... **********
**********    DO NOT COME TO IRC ASKING FOR UPDATES OR ETAS!!!!!!   **********
**********  if we are able to fix this issue, it will be announced  **********

rmlrobl

Aug 3, 2014
SOLVED

Was able to flash the Deox ROM, debloat, and for 12 hours, no rebooting or bootloops.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

I suggest you use Windows 7.

error closed is an adb issue with some versions of recovery, have you tried adb push instead of sideload, flash TWRP 2.6.3.3 recovery, put some sort of rom.zip in the same folder as adb and fastboot on your computer, open a command window in that folder and type

Code:
    adb push (name-of-rom).zip /sdcard/

takes a while and will look unresponsive but the cmd window will let you know when its done.

also you say that TWRP says 0mb sdcard, do you mean it full or 0mb as in its empty and nothing on there, TWRP after selecting install will always default to your internal storage looking for files to flash.

RUU's are very confusing as you are s-on, worry about that later, just get it up and running for now.
    On my Dads phone, I have TWRP 2.6.3 or Phil's CWM 6.25.0 HTC One m7att

You need to use TWRP 2.6.3.3 to flash any custom rom's, they don't work with CWM.