question

Search This thread
Jun 23, 2011
I have the phone for maybe 1 day I got it yesterday......I tried to use simple root to root my phone.....It was supposedly successful then i tried quickboot and it said i do not have root access.....Ive decided not to root my phone it seems complicated so i left it alone after this........I ran the gingerbread update from sprint this morning......My 4g antenna is on but it always has asterisks....Is there some way I can make sure i did not damage my phone?

dirkyd3rk

Jul 14, 2008
Houston, TX
www.twitter.com
If you ran the gb update you're not rooted nor did you damage your phone. Trying to use simple root wouldn't damage your phone either. Maybe just reboot, its possible you aren't near a 4G connection at the moment. 4G is almost like wifi, you can turn it on but if it can't connect it will just sit there. Last, what's with all the periods in your paragraph lol.

Jun 23, 2011
my period key is jammed on my keyboard. Is there any way i can get google video on my phone. I download vtok but it give off choppy video. My 4g has a ! next to it. Everything is ok right? How do i remove alot of the bloatware that is on my phone?

dsf3g

Mar 31, 2009
my period key is jammed on my keyboard. Is there any way i can get google video on my phone. I download vtok but it give off choppy video. My 4g has a ! next to it. Everything is ok right? How do i remove alot of the bloatware that is on my phone?

Because you're on Gingerbread you're going to have to wait to remove bloatware. There's no root exploit for it yet.

Don't worry about the ! next to your 4G symbol. That means the antenna is on, basically. If you're not in a 4G coverage area you won't see the other symbol that indicates you're connected to 4G.

try this: go into your Phone's menu setting and choose "Wireless & Networks." Look for the setting for "4G." Unless it says "connected to Sprint" you are not connected (probably because you are not in a 4G area).

dirkyd3rk

Jul 14, 2008
Houston, TX
www.twitter.com

If you aren't rooted you can't remove bloatware. Google video isn't on sense 1.0 I've only seen it on GB aosp roms (like nexus s) not a sense rom. As far as an exclamation mark being next to your 4G I've never heard of that, try turning it off I guess maybe the antenna is just on. The sucky part is if you excepted the GB update you can't root yet because devs haven't figured out how to unlock the bootloader. Sorry man

Jun 23, 2011
I am in an area in my office i had 4g yesterday with no exclamation point next to 4g.......I tried rebooting my phone whats up?

dirkyd3rk

Jul 14, 2008
Houston, TX
www.twitter.com
I am in an area in my office i had 4g yesterday with no exclamation point next to 4g.......I tried rebooting my phone whats up?

Maybe 4G is down, or towers having issues idk. If you want to feel better just reset and wipe the entire phone. Go to settings, and its either under applications or something else I forgot. It will say wipe everything from phone. I think its under "phone and SD card". Also try going to system updates and update your profile and prl.

Arbron

Jan 2, 2011
i updated prl and profile and still exclamation mark next to 4g is everything ok?

Everything is fine. 4g is pretty fickle. You won't necessairly get a signal in the same place if its a weak signal.

Just don't worry about it. It will be there when you have a strong signal from the tower. Weather, buildings, even cars and people traveling between you and the tower can cause a signal drop.

So, when you see the ! Just wait until you get a signal or turn the 4g antenna off to save battery life. I rarely use 4g because of that.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

sand1303

Dec 22, 2007
I mean are u sure u are in a 4G area? If 4G is on and there is no signal to connect with that is what u get. What area r u in when u are trying to use it. Did u connect before u fooled with it?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App