www.youtube.com
New Android Market Update 3.1.6

sc20111001145049.jpg

sc20111001144354.jpg

Noticeable Changes:
1. New UI For Tablets :)
2. Faster / Fixed Download bug

To install:
Move the Vending.apk to /system/app (You need root)
Accept Replace

Download:

MediaFire

MOD EDIT: ad.fly link removed. Read the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

tff2011

Sep 15, 2011
Glasgow
Many thanks, trying it now!

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong as it does not seem to to any difference.

I'm Running Tasks ROM.

I using Root explorer copy over vending.apk to /system/app/ and when prompted allow it to overwrite and replace the existing one. (I do have root) But when I open my Market it look exactly the same. I have tryed a full reset and have also tryed to using root explorer install the APK but the installation fails? Any Ideas?

Reactions: alwaleef

Luxor

May 7, 2006
Macerata
new market

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

I'm Running Tasks ROM.

I using Root explorer copy over vending.apk to /system/app/ and when prompted allow it to overwrite and replace the existing one. (I do have root) But when I open my Market it look exactly the same. I have tryed a full reset and have also tryed to using root explorer install the APK but the installation fails? Any Ideas?

rename old vending.apk to vending.bak and copy new vending.apk.
Reboot and enjoy.

alwaleef

Nov 2, 2010
Karbabad
Thanks,
Is it possible to get a normal apk file as I don't have a rooted phone. I am running v 3.1.5 on Galaxy SII, is there any difference. BR

MagicOnline

Jul 22, 2010
The 3.1.6 Market that's floating around is suspicious, it's not signed the same way as all regular Markets. I would stay away for now.

According Androidpolice tweet. :rolleyes:

flexte

Sep 9, 2007
now i can download from the market again it just looks like crap but thanks for the post

StiffyBoy

Jun 17, 2009
i need help guys.

i first copied the newly downloaded vending.apk to the system/app folder and over-wrote the original and then tried installing but now the market doesnt work properly .... anybody has the stock galaxy tab 10.1 android market apk or at least knows a way to restore the stock market or even better get this new one working properly?

note: just to clarify i currently have a working version but it is ugly, not fullscreen and isnt currently recognised by the launcher as the market app

ch_mac

Aug 27, 2011
blog.myccstudio.com
i need help guys.

i first copied the newly downloaded vending.apk to the system/app folder and over-wrote the original and then tried installing but now the market doesnt work properly .... anybody has the stock galaxy tab 10.1 android market apk or at least knows a way to restore the stock market or even better get this new one working properly?

note: just to clarify i currently have a working version but it is ugly, not fullscreen and isnt currently recognised by the launcher as the market app

If you got root already, check out OldMarket app :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1240344

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Android Market Update 3.1.6

sc20111001145049.jpg

sc20111001144354.jpg

Noticeable Changes:
    1. New UI For Tablets :)
    2. Faster / Fixed Download bug

To install:
    Move the Vending.apk to /system/app (You need root)
    Accept Replace

Download:

MediaFire

MOD EDIT: ad.fly link removed. Read the rules.

I'm Running Tasks ROM.

Any eta when they will push the market live so we don't have to toy around with it?