[Updated 26-Sep-2009] CRCs Release 13.5 - Stable Thread (Build 20270)

Search This thread

stan23

Jun 29, 2006
Nürnberg
SPL detection may also fail if the ROM does not allow the detection program to be executed (unsigned code on shipped ROMs?)

jwp4pda

Apr 14, 2008
Rom flash failure

Hi, thanks for all of your replys.

I've re-installed HardSPLv7, and it worked. Now it reboots as it should and the updating tool terminates successfully.

Thanks CRCinAU for this rom. I like it and I think I won't be flashing my (company) PDA again, any time soon.

vmfnjorge

May 29, 2006
Carcavelos
The connection symbol

Once again, CRC, many thanks for you excellent work!!!!!! This 2 chain approach is very professional and we all thank you for that!!!!

Well, the reason for this post concernes to this, how can i, or we, put the connection symbol (used during activesync) during a connection, for example a bluetooth connection to a celular?

Many thanks

Vasco Jorge

Hermes 200
CRC R9.1
2.10 OliPro

junaida2002

Dec 2, 2007
activesync doesn't work

i flashed this rom...but my activesync doesn't work. when i connect to the pc...i can see the battery is getting charged...but activesync can't connect!
any ideas how to fix this? is it because i'm running wm6.1? i have tried activesync 4.1, 4.2 and 4.5. none of them seem to work! i can't even flash a new rom...can someone help?

jws3

May 27, 2007
Allentown, PA
Hi, thanks for all of your replys.

I've re-installed HardSPLv7, and it worked. Now it reboots as it should and the updating tool terminates successfully.

Thanks CRCinAU for this rom. I like it and I think I won't be flashing my (company) PDA again, any time soon.

I just reflashed HardSPLv7. I initially flashed it last year, but for some reason it was not being properly identified when I was flashing new ROMs. I'm not sure how it could have changed.

dborgohain

Dec 6, 2006
Keyboard characters are wrong

Hi,
I flashed my AT&T 8525 to ROM version 9.1.
When I use the keyboard this is what I get:
Key pressed Character get typed
~ !
! @
@ ?
; _ (underscore)
-(minus) "
_(underscore) :
? -(minus)
: ;

Any idea to make the keyboard right?

Thanks

dborgohain

Dec 6, 2006
Sorry, didn't realize that my post will lose the formatting
The first character is the one on the keyboard, the second one is what gets displayed on 8525. For eaxmple, when I type "~" actually "!" gets typed.

Thanks

CRCinAU

Oct 29, 2007
Melbourne
www.crc.id.au
This means your device has the 8525 keyboard layout. There are multiple threads containing both instructions on manual registry changes to fix this, or an automated CAB file to do this for you.

The search function will surely find you an answer.

jws3

May 27, 2007
Allentown, PA
Been running R9.1 for about a week without any problems. I used the WM6.1 lock/unlock feature without any problems. Loaded S2U2 and got the error message that it was missing a component or had a certification problem. Within a few hours, R9.1 was having problems synchronizing with my PC. Reflashed R9.1 last night.

Besides, ActivSync, I use CompanionLink to synchronize my contact databases. I was getting synchronization errors from both programs. CompanionLink did not recognize the device databases and wanted to reload everything. ActiveSync returned a sync error message, even after I selected the ActiveSync radio buttons to do nothing with CompanionLink. I seem to remember that S2U2 was written for WM5. I wonder if it is compatible with WM6.1.

Installed sdkcert.cab and loaded S2U2 V1.01 this morning (glutton for punishment). Still get the certification error mesage. However, it doesn't stop the program from running. Synchronized with my PC a couple of times (with and without S2U2 locked). Not problems(yet).

Last edited:

thvoss

Aug 6, 2007

For me CRC´s 9.1 is the most stable WM6.1 ROM so far. Bluetooth (with Audi MMI), 3G, MMS, Videocalling - everything is working without problems since over a week. No resets at all.

Thank you for this great job CRC.

TedMcGinley

Aug 9, 2007
I've been running this rom for about a week and quite like it. (thanks, CRC, it raelly is daang nice.) In fact, i've only had 1 smallish issue and want to see if anyone knows what could fix it before I flash back to WM6.0.
My Jabra bluetooth headset pairs just fine and shows to have hands-free enabled, but if I receive a call, or initiate a call using Voice Command, it always drops to the handset, requiring me to manually turn on hands-free. is this a 6.1 bug, or am I missing something?

cyberblue

Mar 16, 2008
Washington
battery icon

I flashed this ROM and installed HTC home - I notice that the battery icon on the top was changed (I'm not sure if HTC home did that or not) from the smooth version showing the little % number into just the 4 bars icon. I thought it wasn't a big deal, unfortunately I recently discovered that the 4 bar version isn't even working - it always shows full.
Did anybody else ever experience this? any suggestion how to get it back to the smooth version?

uzibaron

Apr 5, 2007
VOIP Support

Hi CRCinAu, after using the rom in the last day and a half, I was amazed about the speed of this thing - its like the device came back to life. Is there anyway of adding VOIP support?

Thanks heaps for that, keep up the great work.

zehro

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
Me!burn
Excellent ROM

I have been using this rom for over 2 weeks now.
It has been amazingly fast and very reliable thus far.
I have done a few HR's due to installing/uninstalling many programs (and liking to 'refresh' my system every so often) but otherwise I have found this to be a great ROM to use and would highly recommend it to anyone else.

Thankyou CRCinAU for sharing this with everyone!

I look forward to your next stable release!

Last edited:

CRCinAU

Oct 29, 2007
Melbourne
www.crc.id.au
Release 9.2 now available.

The mirrors have just been updated with Release 9.2. Changes are as follows:

Release 9.2 (23 May 2008):
* Updated Network Wizard to v1.0.31261.1
* Updated Windows Live Messenger v10.6.34.0800
* Updated HTC X-Button to 2.1.33556.2
* Updated Battery.dll to read in 1% increments
* Updated ArcSoft MMS client to 5.0.31.11
* Auto-run Network Wizard at boot to detect network settings.

I am also now seeking donations to obtain a second development HTC Hermes to make things much easier and quicker for me to test. Please check the link in my sig to donate.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Release 13.5 now available.

Hi guys,

Release 13.5 (26 Sep 2009):
    * Fixed GPS intermediate driver for Windows Managed External GPS units (Start -> Settings -> Connections -> External GPS)
    * Fixed random silences of notifications etc.

Enjoy! :)