Sprint Network Speeds

Search This thread

raptoro07

Apr 19, 2006
High Point, NC, USA
Did anyone see this on bgr?
http://www.bgr.com/2012/04/17/atts-...ound-to-be-nations-fastest-wireless-services/
They basically say Sprint lags behind everyone in 3G and 4G. I personally get really good 3G speeds (>1mbps), and 4G when I can get it but it is not at my house or work. Just in between. Not wanting to be a whiner. I feel like when Sprint rolls out LTE and Network Vision everywhere we'll be back. I'm rather happy with my wireless data, but it seems we are right now missing out on a lot. :(

KB112

Jan 13, 2010
East SF-Bay Area
My 3g speeds are just pathetic now. They used to be decent, like in the 800 plus range at work. Now I'm lucky if I pull 100kbps. Plus I always drop in and out and even go to roaming sometimes. Please hurry up the roll out sprint.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

royshero

Sep 6, 2010
ferndale mi
This isn't anything new. They suck I give them 1 year. I like them a lot, just need to get their **** in order. The only reason I let them slide is price and I'm on wifi 20 hours of the day

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Sprint DOES lag behind on network speeds. Even with the upgrades they've done in my area. Things have improved, but I don't think they're anything to brag about. Even 4G wimax when I have a strong signal is pitiful. There are times I feel 4G wimax is like AT&T or T-Mobile 3G. I don't complain, really, because it's fast enough for me to get by. But... congrats on taking the red pill and waking up :)

raptoro07

Apr 19, 2006
High Point, NC, USA
This isn't anything new. They suck I give them 1 year. I like them a lot, just need to get their **** in order. The only reason I let them slide is price and I'm on wifi 20 hours of the day

I kind of feel like this also. In a year or so from now, I expect to have fast LTE and good 3G as a backup. If that is not the case I may go elsewhere. Allthough I hate to lose unlimited data and the other perks of being with sprint.

2k4mach

Nov 1, 2006
Helotes, TX
my 3g and now 4g speeds are pretty pathetic. 3g is 100k most of the time except in the evenings when the towers are so overloaded it drops to 1x or 3g will just timeout on everything and 4g is now down to anywhere between 200k and 500k during the evening and 1.5-2mb during the rest of the time. yet sprint continues to say theres no problems in the area lol.

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
This is definitely not news. My Sprint service has sucked for a while now.

I'm roaming often, and when I'm not roaming the signal is weak. When I'm lucky enough to get a good signal, 3G is still slower than dial up speeds, and 4G is slower than Verizon's 3G.

Sprint is in real trouble if they don't fix this. The only reason I am still with them is because I really do like my Evo 3D. No other carrier has a comparable phone, and I'm stuck in a contract anyway.

If Verizon got a Samsung Galaxy S 3D, I'd probably break my contract with Sprint to go to Verizon.

Who cares about unlimited data if it's practically unusable in most real world scenarios?

My city isn't even on the list of future LTE markets yet either, so I'm not holding my breath for that. I do have Wimax, but it's pretty crappy.

Sprint has totally fell off. I remember a few years ago when Sprint used to consistently be first or second in these data speed comparisons. Now I would have been shocked if they weren't picked last. And I'm sure most Sprint customers would have also been shocked if Sprint was anything but last in this most recent comparison.

Sprint has got more and more expensive over the years, and the service has got worse and worse. Not a very good outlook for the future at all.

NewZJ

Aug 27, 2010
Seattle, Wa
does anybody really think sprint lte will be fast? why do they not assume it will be similar to Wimax speeds?

sprint has 3g but nobody assumes it is as fast as the competition.

rude awakening! you will be unsatisfied with lte speeds and then you will realize that Wimax wasn't the problem, SPRINT is the problem

cobraboy85

Aug 25, 2011

as soon as there network is upgraded... they will morph right into verizon's evil twin. price, and everything. just watch.

the only thing keeping them from not charging an ass load of money is that they are being outperformed in network capability in a lot of areas. i am fortunate to live in an area with very good 4g and 3g, so i can't complain. but man i sure feel your guys' pain with the slow network ****. that would be frustrating. it's like paying for wifi and your wifi is never working or never running fast.

Reactions: nobleynobe

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
as soon as there network is upgraded... they will morph right into verizon's evil twin. price, and everything. just watch.

the only thing keeping them from not charging an ass load of money is that they are being outperformed in network capability in a lot of areas. i am fortunate to live in an area with very good 4g and 3g, so i can't complain. but man i sure feel your guys' pain with the slow network ****. that would be frustrating. it's like paying for wifi and your wifi is never working or never running fast.
They already aren't that much cheaper than Verizon anymore. I think last time I checked Sprint was like $5 a month cheaper or something like that. And that wasn't even factoring all the nickel and dime fees Sprint puts on there.

The only thing Sprint has on Verizon these days is unlimited data. The price isn't a big enough difference to really be a factor. And the unlimited data isn't really a factor (to me at least) if it's too slow to use. Sprint's just lucky their network went to **** after they already had me locked into a contract. And even then, I'd have probably left if I could get a phone comparable to the Evo 3D on another network.

notasimpleway

Dec 22, 2009
Rome, Georgia
www.kencaruthers.com
Sprint did the same thing that AT&T when they got the iPhone...they didn't anticipate all the traffic on their network thus not preparing for it. I am holding out though. By the end of the year, a lot of us will have a great network to go with the unlimited data. And will be better than all the others.

Sent from my iPhone with the bigger GeeBees.

Saneless One

Mar 31, 2011
The problem with these anecdotal tests is they mean very little in your town. When I worked downtown, Sprint was 800kbps. Not blazing, but amazing compared to AT&Ts 20kbps or Verizons 50.

Different side of town? Sprint is 100 and not very useful. And if I drive 3 minutes away I'm getting 1100.

The best thing to do is do a speed test and get people on other carriers to do them right next to you

.Elite_The_King.

Sep 26, 2011
Los Angeles
The problem with these anecdotal tests is they mean very little in your town. When I worked downtown, Sprint was 800kbps. Not blazing, but amazing compared to AT&Ts 20kbps or Verizons 50.

Different side of town? Sprint is 100 and not very useful. And if I drive 3 minutes away I'm getting 1100.

The best thing to do is do a speed test and get people on other carriers to do them right next to you

Yup true I did the 4g against Verizon test he hit 11mbps I hit 10mbps the only difference was ping his was 58 while mines was 101

Sent from my powered Shooter E3D with Infection of AnthraX Jamz by wolf.

2k4mach

Nov 1, 2006
Helotes, TX

thats true, if i head to the **** side of town i can get good 3g speeds but no 4g lol. or if im around a sprint store they make sure the towers are working perfect. just some observations ive experienced here in san antonio. hell around my parents house half the time i get network busy when trying to make a call. sprint says theres no problems that the network is working as it should haha. they get all pissed when i ask them so for 200+ a month im not supposed to beable to make a phone call and have data speeds that are so ****ty it basically turns my phone into a cool looking paper weight. :D

honorlost84

Mar 15, 2011
lapeer
I get 900kbps to burst speeds of 1.5mbps most days. Just heard from a couple of sources that I'm getting 4g in a month or two

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Didnt check 3g as Im always on 4g but you guys are right. 3g slowed down for me too. Used to get 1000+kbps now down to 700kpbs.

G

GuestK00222

I'm lucky if I get 300kbps in my home area. Luckily, I found out they took down the closest tower in light of the fact of upgrading the others to network vision and haven't yet...so I complained. Until then...it's non-stop bill credits. I'm making them pay for the lack of service. I ask what I get over someone with a $50/mon prepay plan other than the fancy phone I bought...the answer? Nadda.

Pisses me off that we'll have to get new phones again to take advantage of the 4G LTE. Thanks a lot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pretend Sprint is a children's lemonade stand.

Sprint has a pitcher of lemonade large enough to fill twenty cups, and decides to sell each cup for 25 cents.

However, while setting up the stand Sprint notices that there are 30 customers lined up to buy lemonade. Wanting to gain the most profit, Sprint decides to water down it's lemonade so it can sell some to everybody. Sprint still decides to sell each cup at 25 cents.

Once all the lemonade is sold, Sprint becomes aware that there are other potential customers if they choose to advertise. So they take all the profits made from selling the lemonade and print flyers, instead of using the profits to buy ingredients to make more lemonade.

Once the people that seen the flyers arrive to buy lemonade, Sprint realizes they have nothing to offer. So Sprint tells everyone that already bought watered down lemonade to pour some into the newcomers cups. Sprint offers no refunds to those that bought now half-full watered down lemonade expecting a regular glass of lemonade. In addition they also charge the newcomers 25 cents a cup.

Sprint then says not to worry, they should finally have enough lemonade for everyone in 3 years.

That is Sprints business plan dumbed down to a children's lemonade stand, and my last addition to the topic.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
    You guys have it made.I cant even browse facebook most days.Thats why I call it
    "Sprint - The (i hope you dont need it right) Now Network.
    does anybody really think sprint lte will be fast? why do they not assume it will be similar to Wimax speeds?

sprint has 3g but nobody assumes it is as fast as the competition.

rude awakening! you will be unsatisfied with lte speeds and then you will realize that Wimax wasn't the problem, SPRINT is the problem
    You can say the same thing on both sides of table. I get great speeds in St. Louis but my buddy gets horrible speeds with ATT. This argument all depends on where you live. I am sorry that you all get horrible speeds where you live. I get great speeds and hearing about you all complaining about it on a developer board does nothing. Like I have said before, getting bad speeds??? Leave.

Is the delayed release of ics irritating you? I am leaving. And I have ample reason too, I know you prolly missed the SS I posted, because you were so excited to troll. Give your thumb a break from the refresh button and relax. And, I hate to point out the obvious, but this is a Sprint network speed thread, where we are entitled to post our speed, and complain if necessary ( please refer back to screen shot) so if you don't like it.........leave.

My phone usually gets 1500-2000 kbps in Mexico.