Firmware-update JLS36I (Android 4.3.1) Nexus 7 2013 LTE available

Search This thread

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
This morning I was suprised to find a new update for my Nexus 7 2013 LTE; it brings the Android-version to 4.3.1

No changelog found yet...

f2fd.png

Reactions: yellowdie

Jacktheskipper

Jun 25, 2012
Any news if this breaks root etc.? WIll flashing this from recovery and flashing supersu.zip afterwards work like last time?

Links2004

Nov 12, 2008
I got it too.
in the update file a some changes at:

keymaster / keystore
camera firmware
framework
services and telephony-common

what exactly has changed I do not know.

root + recovery need to be flashed again. but no problems.

Reactions: Potetsjokolade

Jacktheskipper

Jun 25, 2012
if root and recovery need to be flashed again, did you just do the ota update from the sytem or did you sideload the zip and flash it from recovery?

jmone

Feb 13, 2007
I'm on JLS36C Rooted, with the ElementalX Kernel and Teamwin Recovery (V2.6.3.0) but the "JLS36I from JLS36C" fails to flash for me from the Teamwin Recovery. Any hints on the process to do this update?
Thanks
Nathan

jmone

Feb 13, 2007
First go back to stock kernel, then remove any custom modified files from stock, then try to do the OTA update.

FYI - used the SkipSoft Android ToolKit to reflash the stock JLS36C then did the OTA update to JLS36I. Bit of a PITA as I now need to reinstall it all but it works!

stryker01

Jan 5, 2008
I've updated European nexus in Russia without any problem
Have a trwp recovery and supersu binary. Check ota survivalable mode in supersu and just apply update. Trwp updates all stuff. Root works, recovery didn't check for now

keplenk

Aug 27, 2008
oh man! i just rooted my N7 last night. i just installed a LOT of apps :(.

i used wugs toolkit so right now i have twrp + root and nothing more. so im stock rooted.

i have never done this before but should i use wugs tool kit again to unroot and relock bootlader THEN ota?

or can i just update while rooted?

thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

jak3z

Aug 7, 2010
A Coruña
www.ziritione.net
oh man! i just rooted my N7 last night. i just installed a LOT of apps :(.

i used wugs toolkit so right now i have twrp + root and nothing more. so im stock rooted.

i have never done this before but should i use wugs tool kit again to unroot and relock bootlader THEN ota?

or can i just update while rooted?

thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

You can run the OTA perfectly fine, you will lose Root and Recovery after you OTA, but you can get back those 2 anytime you want. Grab the CF-Auto-Root of chainfire (its on the Android Original Dev forum) and you will get root back.

FreakyPriest

Oct 2, 2012
1. Go into SuperSu settings to enable survival mode.
2. Download the OTA directly on your Nexus as you would without root and restart to install.
3. It will be installed by TWRP, root will be kept, but TWRP will be gone.
4. Reflash TWRP in Fastboot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Go into SuperSu settings to enable survival mode.
    2. Download the OTA directly on your Nexus as you would without root and restart to install.
    3. It will be installed by TWRP, root will be kept, but TWRP will be gone.
    4. Reflash TWRP in Fastboot.
    This morning I was suprised to find a new update for my Nexus 7 2013 LTE; it brings the Android-version to 4.3.1

No changelog found yet...

f2fd.png
    Any news if this breaks root etc.? WIll flashing this from recovery and flashing supersu.zip afterwards work like last time?

It's broken my root, though that's probably because I used the OTA update rather than flashing in recovery.
    I got it too.
    in the update file a some changes at:

keymaster / keystore
    camera firmware
    framework
    services and telephony-common

what exactly has changed I do not know.

root + recovery need to be flashed again. but no problems.
    Before anyone asks, the kernel in JLS36I (3.4.0-g9e52a21) is the same as the JSS15R kernel for wifi.

Also the touchscreen software in JLS36I is the same as JLS36C (just like JSS15R had the same touchscreen software as JSS15Q)

What that means is most, but not all, people having touchscreen issues on JLS36C will continue having issues.