The first WM7S prototype phone from LG, with a full keyboard [with video]

Search This thread

X-BLADE™

Nov 16, 2006
Not much information at the moment, apart from the standard headphone jack, 5 megapixel camera and the usual three button configuration.

Video from the source: http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/27/exclusive-lgs-windows-phone-7-series-early-prototype-unveiled/

lg-win-phone-exclusive-05top.jpg

lg-win-phone-exclusive-06top.jpg

lg-win-phone-exclusive-07top.jpg

lg-win-phone-exclusive-08top.jpg

lg-win-phone-exclusive-09top.jpg

lg-win-phone-exclusive-10top.jpg

lg-win-phone-exclusive-11top.jpg

lg-win-phone-exclusive-12top.jpg

lg-win-phone-exclusive-13top.jpg

The guy from Microsoft refused to answer a direct question: "Is the HD2 getting the upgrade?", his answer was "Come to MIX"

Last edited:

gogol

May 20, 2005
Cool ... but how big is the screen?

3.7" .... ?

It looks smaller ...

crd22

Aug 25, 2008
The front reminds me of the enV Touch, but it's pretty nice overall. The keyboard is meh, not quite as nice as the TP2's, seems decent.

Nothing amazing design-wise, but we are still questionable with these specs.

What is that screen size though???
Unless my eyes are completely deceiving me, it really doesn't seem that big: 3.2", 3.4" maybe??
I don't recall a physical size minimum, and it is really not necessary.

Yes, the HD2 looks nicer, but it is a different style phone.
Remember we still have hardware choices with WinMo.

Rim1Flex

Jun 28, 2007
I love looking at all the new cell phones:). I haven't liked LG because the quality hasn't been good in the past. HTC is my favorite and before them, HP:D.

token2k6

Feb 13, 2010
Houston, TX
I don't think I'd ever buy an LG product..it'll have to be HTC or nothing, hopefully I can just upgrade my TP2 (I know, I know, it may be too slow..but we'll see!) I'm surprised this has a keyboard..that is a must have for me and everyone I talk to says they are "out"..guess not!

VilDreamX

Jan 8, 2008
He looks like as LG Monaco but the buttons are new(search,windows flag,back) maybe it is Monaco but created for wp7s?:confused:

shu8i

Nov 4, 2009
New Jersey
actually i like the style and especially the keyboatd layout. curious about how the next htc wp7s phone will look like.

Kloc

Sep 18, 2008
I'll be waiting on the Touch Pro3 or whatever they decide to call the next landscape slider.

MasDroid

Sep 19, 2009

fupamobile

Mar 10, 2010
what is with WP7s and the words coming off the screen???? they are trying to be trend setters but it just looks tacky and unfinished!