Any help to root the leaked ICS ROM

Search This thread

disablewong

Apr 19, 2009
I was trying to connect my D4 with the leaked ICS ROM though adb
but after typing adb shell, it keep telling my device was offline

if i can connect the device, is it possible to push the busybox, su, etc to /system/xbin and enabling the root privilege?:confused:

podspi

Jul 6, 2011
Chicago
Can't help you with actually rooting the build (sorry), but I have seen other threads that seem to indicate that if you reinstall your drivers the problem should resolve itself...

Reactions: twizzles

bdsullivan

Dec 23, 2011
all the info on the leaked d4 ics is @ DROID forums. in the d4 development section.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: twizzles

pimpsalot69

Dec 11, 2009
no luck anyone? i really want root back.....I love everything about this update i just want my root back please!!!!!

disablewong

Apr 19, 2009
It seems the problem i face now is i cannot push the files to the phone as permission denied.....or device offline....i actually could even push su to /data/local
which render other commands useless.....

phrir1

Dec 11, 2011
Per p3droid twitter:

@P3Droid R U A Moto fan, then this is exciting news, @djrbliss just created a new universal root for the new 4.0.4 leaks.

Im not sure if it was posted yet.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA

bdbraaten

Sep 13, 2009
Minnesota
Per p3droid twitter:

@P3Droid R U A Moto fan, then this is exciting news, @djrbliss just created a new universal root for the new 4.0.4 leaks.

Im not sure if it was posted yet.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA

The last posts I saw from him said it's not posted yet. He posted it's been tested on the D4 as well. So it shouldn't be much longer.

twizzles

Mar 4, 2012
I get
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

Sent from my DROID4 using xda premium

twizzles

Mar 4, 2012
Nvm. I got it
Its sweet as hell. Worth it

Last edited:

twizzles

Mar 4, 2012
Voodoo after fastboot. Then had root after flashing the leaked ics

detox702

Mar 23, 2008
pimpsalot69: He was referring to getting it installed, not getting root. Unfortunately, if you lost root during the upgrade process (like I did) there isn't currently a way to restore it. You'll have to wait for a new method to be released.

wreuvers

Oct 9, 2009
Please Help root Droid 4 ICS

pimpsalot69: He was referring to getting it installed, not getting root. Unfortunately, if you lost root during the upgrade process (like I did) there isn't currently a way to restore it. You'll have to wait for a new method to be released.

I have the same problem - am happy to pay someone to help me root (I am roaming international and now cannot apply the GSM patch).

pimpsalot69

Dec 11, 2009

yea i saw that afterward I guess I just got excited, thanx

wreuvers

Oct 9, 2009
Can't access foreign data, but voice works.

I thought the GSM patch is automatically enabled on the ICS ROM? All you have to do is put in your foreign SIM card and you should be ready to go.

It doesn't seem to work - I put in the foreign SIM and can make and receive calls without an issue. But no 3G data available (and I have set all the data roaming, etc. on in settings). If I had root access, then I could try to flash that rom to see if it worked. I'm in South Africa on the Vodacom network (3G).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can't help you with actually rooting the build (sorry), but I have seen other threads that seem to indicate that if you reinstall your drivers the problem should resolve itself...
    all the info on the leaked d4 ics is @ DROID forums. in the d4 development section.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk