[OFF-TOPIC] Galaxy SII Hangout Thread

Search This thread

shaunnicho

Aug 4, 2012
Google Pixel 3a XL
I really hope this thread gets noticed and used as intended. Xda can be very harsh on new members and those that only use the mobile app which hasn't got a search in thread button which I think would be a HUGE help

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ArmorD

Sep 29, 2011
Helsinki
Gosh I hate this xda premium app. Paid my ass off for this yet it doesn't even work, doesn't show the effing pics... :mad:

Sent from my premium potato

ccrows

Aug 14, 2010
I too charge my phone over night and don't experience that problem. Although, once it did happen to me when I had my xperia ray(never Sony again), but that was due to keeping it under my pillow all night while charging.

Did u have yours under your pillow while it was charging?:what:

Sent from my sexy Galaxy SII

^ Not at all it was on the nightstand.

Every time I plugged in the charger it went from like 20 to +45c. It was an OEM charger too, that I had for a year too. Just a good charger fine bad.

Plugged in a different OEM charger, and everything worked fine. IDK the whole thing was just weird...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

HANDSY

Apr 7, 2012
Can't quote question for some reason, but it is possible to be in aeroplane mode and have wifi on. Simply activate aeroplane mode then turn wifi on. I use this frequently. Running CM10 latest

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Can't quote question for some reason, but it is possible to be in aeroplane mode and have wifi on. Simply activate aeroplane mode then turn wifi on. I use this frequently. Running CM10 latest

I do this for all my devices, all the time :) Rarely ever have the phone and WiFi on at the same time! I feel like I'm draining double the battery.

Reactions: ennis911

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Huawei P Smart+ 2019
Redmi 7A
This is now a meme post...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350255163488.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350255163488.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 186
  • uploadfromtaptalk1350255177427.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350255177427.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 188
  • uploadfromtaptalk1350255197327.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350255197327.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 190

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Just wondering, is it possible to set a live wallpaper on the lock screen for the stock (touchwiz) ROM?

shaunnicho

Aug 4, 2012
Google Pixel 3a XL
Gosh I hate this xda premium app. Paid my ass off for this yet it doesn't even work, doesn't show the effing pics... :mad:

I agree the premium app sucks it always hangs. I spend most of my time using Tapatalk. I really wish they'd update the xda app with a search in thread function. It would be a really useful feature.

ArmorD

Sep 29, 2011
Helsinki
I agree the premium app sucks it always hangs. I spend most of my time using Tapatalk. I really wish they'd update the xda app with a search in thread function. It would be a really useful feature.

Generally it does suck, and I often prefer the browser version(even though I'm on phone). However I found out that the image problem only exists when using Sammy roms... But yeah, it's not the only bug :mad:

loop4444

Great thread. :)

Well I too keep my phone charging overnight. Ok from this does anyone know is it possible to keep phone in aeroplane mode yet access wifi? An app or tasker script would really help. I want to stay connected to wifi so as to be able to download stuff overnight.

Sent from my GT I-9100

What do you mean? I have no probs using WIFI on airplane mode. i turn on airplane and then just turn back wifi on.
Airplane stays on (no phone fuctions) but wifi wakes up. Just be sure to tick "always on" on settings->WiFi

Im on Paranoid 2.21 with Dorimanx 7.10

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Just wondering, are S2's still being manufactured by Samsung? Or did they stop after the S3, and the ones sold one are left over?

ennis911

Sep 18, 2007
Madrid
Just wondering, are S2's still being manufactured by Samsung? Or did they stop after the S3, and the ones sold one are left over?

While the operators are still offering the phone, at least in Spain, guess Samsung are still manufacturing it...Do not forget that it is still a great phone...

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Yay! Good news then :)
I just thought that with the arrival of the S3 Mini it will replace the S2 (its kinda targeted at the same consumers, similar specs for the price etc)

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Huawei P Smart+ 2019
Redmi 7A
Yay! Good news then :)
I just thought that with the arrival of the S3 Mini it will replace the S2 (its kinda targeted at the same consumers, similar specs for the price etc)

Not a chance in my opinion. The s3 mini's specs don't even compare to the s2. The only thing it's got is official jellybean out the box. It's specs will be more similar to the galaxy S lol

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Not a chance in my opinion. The s3 mini's specs don't even compare to the s2. The only thing it's got is official jellybean out the box. It's specs will be more similar to the galaxy S lol

Really? Thought it had almost all the S2 has, bar the smaller screen and worse camera?

I haven't checked the RAM and ROm storage though!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, I'm new to this part of the forum coming from a Desire S.

The Desire S forum was a really nice place to be, so I decided to set up an OFF-TOPIC thread. It turned out very well, and is a great place where I made friends and learned tips and advice for both my device and other things in life. :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1611085

I would like to try it here. I hope this thread will also help to cut down the number of OT post in other threads. (as it has done it the Desire S forum)

Basically, this thread serves as a place for any discussion, for fellow GSII users to hangout! Feel free to talk about anything!

So let's go! How about we start by introducing ourselves? :p
    Soon this thread will be close. Why? Please read HERE.

No. That is forum specific mod's decision. I don't think this thread is used for spamming and stuff, the one which was being used has been closed already

After 6 months using my beast galaxy s2...
    When I see these new power packed handsets, tablets, those awesome displays, fastest processors.... I want to have them in my hands..
    BUT

When i look back to my s2 (without case) with a little more brightness than average.. at some angles... I move it around... I cherish it... I love it more and more...and then i say to myself

THERE WILL NEVER BE ANYTHING SMARTER AND SEXIER THAN MY THIS LOVELY BEAST...

Never gonna leave it...:)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Is anyone else disappointed with the xda premium app? Its forever crashing and I can't remember the last update it had. Why oh why won't they implement a 'search in thread' button and a dark theme. I find myself using tapatalk all the time

Sent from my I9100 using the latest cm10 nightly

Same! Stopped using XDA app after a while in favour of tapatalk