Charging Alarm clocks

Search This thread

NickFritz

Dec 4, 2006
Been looking around for alarm clocks that have charging and maybe NFC too. I like the JBL but it doesn't have a clock on the front.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

NickFritz

Dec 4, 2006

pencilcase

Jan 18, 2006
Frankfurt, Germany
Looks nice, is it too bright to have in your room or is there a dimmer?

Plus can you view the time if you look at the lcd from underneath, some cheaper screens can't be seen if your alarm block is higher than you in bed :)

I actually put some tinted plastic on it to make it darker as it was too bright for me. (got like 10x30cm that is used for car windows) cost me about 3 euros. For your other question, that's kind of hard to answer as I do not know how much higher or how far away etc you plan on putting the clock. I can read it from the side but my desk is on the same height as the bed ... if you can give me some more detailed infos i can try and test?

edit: it does have a dimmer switch, it was still too bright for me, thus the change ..

Last edited:
Reactions: jhoff80

jhoff80

Apr 8, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I've actually been considering that same alarm clock / charger. How sensitive is it to the area in which you put down your phone? Does it have to be completely exact? Also, does it only have a single alarm (I assume if it had a second one they'd say that, but just wanted to check).

I do wish they had an all black version though too, but oh well.

Workshop2

Jan 29, 2009
Just got hold of this clock. It is very very bright (why the light is always on is mental), viewing angles are rubbish, its very loud, and it will only charge the 920 one way round.

Not worth the money, definitely getting retuned :(

Klarato

Sep 5, 2008
Just got hold of this clock. It is very very bright (why the light is always on is mental), viewing angles are rubbish, its very loud, and it will only charge the 920 one way round.

I also have this clock and find it great.

Viewing angle is fine for me if i set it to high. Brightness really doesn't effect me or my partner and we both hate light =/ so dunno about that...It charges both ways around =/ with the headset jack pointing the line put it on the line. With it away from the line move it 3mm away from the line. And being loud...Well that's what you need in an alarm clock :p

pencilcase

Jan 18, 2006
Frankfurt, Germany

As mentioned the brightness was also an Issue for me so I simply got a 2$ tinted car-foil and stuck it on + cut it out around the corners of the display. This is close to invisible and makes the screen perfectly dark, at least for me.
In regards to the loudness of the alarm ... well that is something one person likes, the other doesn't. Solution if you want it a little more silent: stick another piece of the car-foil leftovers over the speaker output ;)

Having the clock with the charging feature is more important to me, the need for the 2$ car-foil was absolutely acceptable!

ripaton

Sep 3, 2009
This one is in fact way too bright for me. Even if it's a nice idea, one shouldn't have to tweak the display with tinted car-foil. I use a book in front of it, so the display is a waste...

Having the alarm setting buttons below is very clumsy when you have to adjust regularly the alarm. Alarm doesn't differentiate week-ends. When pushing any button, it shrieks noisily. Try any night adjustment when your girl is sleeping and there you have your alarm!

By the way, the outside temperature measured by the remote gizmo is always 3-4°C above the real one (certified and adjusted thermometer), temperature taken under the same conditions.

Lot of stuff make it good for anything but charging.

pencilcase

Jan 18, 2006
Frankfurt, Germany
This one is in fact way too bright for me. Even if it's a nice idea, one shouldn't have to tweak the display with tinted car-foil. I use a book in front of it, so the display is a waste...
*I still had some lying around ;)

Having the alarm setting buttons below is very clumsy when you have to adjust regularly the alarm. Alarm doesn't differentiate week-ends. When pushing any button, it shrieks noisily. Try any night adjustment when your girl is sleeping and there you have your alarm!
*Alarm button underneath - agreed, annoying as hell.
*Noise on pressing buttons - same carfoil over the speaker. tones it down to an acceptable level hehe

By the way, the outside temperature measured by the remote gizmo is always 3-4°C above the real one (certified and adjusted thermometer), temperature taken under the same conditions.
*Same here

Lot of stuff make it good for anything but charging.
*unfortunately I agree ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got this one and I actually like it :)

http://uk.oregonscientific.com/cat-...d-Wireless-Charging-Station.html#.UGXU3FHbOqg

Features temperature in/out, wireless charging but no NFC.
    Looks nice, is it too bright to have in your room or is there a dimmer?

Plus can you view the time if you look at the lcd from underneath, some cheaper screens can't be seen if your alarm block is higher than you in bed :)

I actually put some tinted plastic on it to make it darker as it was too bright for me. (got like 10x30cm that is used for car windows) cost me about 3 euros. For your other question, that's kind of hard to answer as I do not know how much higher or how far away etc you plan on putting the clock. I can read it from the side but my desk is on the same height as the bed ... if you can give me some more detailed infos i can try and test?

edit: it does have a dimmer switch, it was still too bright for me, thus the change ..