Help with recen call list

Search This thread

zevrosenthal

Mar 24, 2005
Under phone menu there is a call log but I can't figure out how to show the most recent calls first. It seems that the phone somehow prioritizes some calls at the top and you have to scroll down (in my case several pages) to find the calls that start with "today" and then go backwards in time.

Any way to change the sort so the call log is almost most recent first? How to do this seems to have escaped me? Thanks and apologize in advance if it's something blindingly obvious that I missed.

JustLok

Jan 28, 2010
I have the 851 variant and my call log is sorted with the most recent first. I checked the menu and settings and do not see anything setting to alter or rearrange the call log order at all, outside of clearing the whole list.

So I'm not sure if it's a variant specific issue or setting.

Sorry I couldn't help any further, but I wanted to post so you wouldn't feel left in the wind and would know that perhaps it might be specific to your phone.

zevrosenthal

Mar 24, 2005
I have the 851 variant and my call log is sorted with the most recent first. I checked the menu and settings and do not see anything setting to alter or rearrange the call log order at all, outside of clearing the whole list.

So I'm not sure if it's a variant specific issue or setting.

Sorry I couldn't help any further, but I wanted to post so you wouldn't feel left in the wind and would know that perhaps it might be specific to your phone.

Thanks for the reply. Interesting to note it's not all variants - I'll keep searching

zevrosenthal

Mar 24, 2005
Stumbled upon the answer. I was looking through the pages and pages of "new" calls when I realized that these were all call log records that came over from my iPhone. I used the LG PC suite to transfer my texts, calls, etc. to the new phone and it seems that all the call records go in as "new" as sit above today or any recent calls. As I didn't want to lose my recent calls, I went through the call log call by call and deleted every call categorized as "new" and now it's working perfectly - call logs are properly displayed by date in descending order of most recent first.

I discovered this will on hold with LG support via "chat". They were more than useless. The rep said she didn't even have an G3 at her location to try and understand the problem and gave me the usual 'factory reset' to fix it. I told here there was zero percent chance I'd do a factory reset and have to spend hours to get my phone back to my setup without any assurance it would even work (which it wouldn't have if I'd done the PC Suite transfer again) and told her she should, in no way, categorize my call as "solved or finished" based on suggesting a factory reset. My expectation for tech support was near zero and LG didn't disappoint. The support was worthless. Thank goodness for XDA.