New Firmware downloading now..

Search This thread

g1xx3r

Jan 2, 2012
Florida
My GPS does work now.I got mine in the first batch before Xmas from GS.Been lurking a while and shaking my head at some of the negative posts Ive seen.I absolutely love this tablet.Even though GPS wasnt working,I figured if it could be fixed it would be fixed and this last update(quickly I might add)seems a step in the right direction.

32GB Amethyst Gray

Ciddy

Nov 15, 2008
Not intending to be mean or insulting or anything, just helpful, there is a thanks button to keep threads un-bloated. (sorry for thus bloating the thread myself...) ;o)

Reactions: Steve1624

Doktaphex

Oct 18, 2010
Earth
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
GPS is noticeably faster at getting a fix, however I think they will still improve it further. Also touch screen is much more responsive. Camera still seems to lock up occasionally though, but I already had the latest firmware for that anyway. Glad to see that they are sitting up and taking notice, I just hope we get some ICS soon. :D

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

tdp252

Dec 30, 2011
I can report that this does absolutely nothing to fix my GPS issue. I still get "0 in view" and "0 in use" in GPS test. Every once in a while I'll get 1 popup in "view" but it's rare.

Reactions: The Janitor Mop

unknown_owner

Nov 27, 2009
If anyone finds the link to the 8.8.3.33 update online, please post it here. Also if anyone download the update but doesn't apply it yet, mind finding where the update downloads to? I want to do a file compare with 8.8.3.29 and see specifically which files are being updated.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

Last edited:

oasis9389

Jun 30, 2010
WIFI is not required for GPS to function. But yes, even with Wifi turned on.

I am so not bothered by this gps nonsense i never turned off my wifi to check, when i go to weather, it knows where am i am, when i go to maps it locks on instantly, when i go to checkins, it knows where i am.

in my eyes GPS works. idc if i go outside with some sattelite app with wifi off if it connects to them. it works, thats all i care about.

if you are using a 10.1 tablet as a GPS in your car then i really don't know what to say.

tdp252

Dec 30, 2011
then yours must be broken. You ought to exchange it or get it RMAed.

But my roommate bought one also and it has the exact same issue. I'm not confident that there is a "fix" and I'm not willing to repeatedly RMA or Exchange these things until I win the lottery and find one that works as advertised.

n11

Dec 11, 2009

gogol

May 20, 2005
Then it is your room if you were not able to get sat fix indoor :)

Suggestion: move to another room ... :p

But my roommate bought one also and it has the exact same issue. I'm not confident that there is a "fix" and I'm not willing to repeatedly RMA or Exchange these things until I win the lottery and find one that works as advertised.

tdp252

Dec 30, 2011
where did you buys yours from, and when did you buy?

My roommate purchased his from a random ebay seller so not many details there. I purchased mine on 12/23 from Best Buy.

I also bought the keyboard/dock from an Ebay seller in Taiwan. (It has small Chinese letters above the English keys :D). I really like the complete package and the battery life is awesome when coupled together. This is the only thing keeping me from returning the unit.

I will probably wait a few months and then RMA it with the assumption that this may give the ASUS engineers time to sort things out. I don't want a marginally functioning unit back I actually want it to work correctly because I had planned to use the TFP on my boat with Navionics marine charting software (currently using a first generation ipad)

I had a custom mount made for the IPAD and it's saved me from having to buy a several thousand dollar Garmin Marine unit. Still getting value out of that device years later. (I didn't use GPS on it when I first purchased it either.)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the ASUS-Germany Facebook Page:
    update.jpg
    right after installing the update, I did a GPS test and I'm able to get 8-10 satellites from my home office. I used to never get a signal here. I will test more and report back.
    WIFI is not required for GPS to function. But yes, even with Wifi turned on.

I am so not bothered by this gps nonsense i never turned off my wifi to check, when i go to weather, it knows where am i am, when i go to maps it locks on instantly, when i go to checkins, it knows where i am.

in my eyes GPS works. idc if i go outside with some sattelite app with wifi off if it connects to them. it works, thats all i care about.

if you are using a 10.1 tablet as a GPS in your car then i really don't know what to say.
    Google plus app keeps crashing after this update...

Same here. Got it to work by going into Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Google+ > Clear Data , then Force stop. First time you load Google+ you will then need to select your account.
    For thoses who can't update, do you get a "The application CMClient (process com.asus.cm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." everytime you boot up? I do lol, if you do I think I might have found an answer, but it's unconfirmed though. I can confirm it till I get home this evening. Here is a link to what I think is a solution.
    this method worked for me