New Firmware downloading now..

Search This thread

flash3d

Aug 2, 2010
Got my prime today and noticed during initial setup that the keyboard sensitivity was not good, i had to tap the screen keyboard multiple times to register input.

Just installed the new firmware and i can confirm that the touch screen issue has been resolved.

GPS i did not test yet.

Reactions: Magnesus

louvass

Sep 24, 2010
No Update

I am on 29 here.. no update yet, but it looks like the GPS version has changed I am on 5.8.12 with no satellite locks at all. So my GPS is broke but will check it again if I ever get the update notice. Thanks

unknown_owner

Nov 27, 2009
For those that updated to the latest 8.8.3.33 update, when you went and clicked on check for updates, did it ask you if you wanted to install the update now? Or when you hit to check for update it automatically updated? I want to try and see where the updates are downloaded to.

tylermaciaszek

Jul 1, 2011
Selden
anyone having force closes download android assistant and you can clean all of caches of your apps and it will be all better

cjbailey75

Nov 25, 2010
newport news
My GPS does work now.I got mine in the first batch before Xmas from GS.Been lurking a while and shaking my head at some of the negative posts Ive seen.I absolutely love this tablet.Even though GPS wasnt working,I figured if it could be fixed it would be fixed and this last update(quickly I might add)seems a step in the right direction.

32GB Amethyst Gray

same here I tried last night in the house and couldn't get any satellite usually had to go to a window but after the update 11 out of 14 satellite lock in 30 sec told u guys software and user error.

PrimalNexus

Jan 2, 2012
Nashville, TN
I've been dealing with an issue with a touch screen dead spot under the Asus logo that only popped up after some heavy web browsing. Typically I would just hit the power button twice and unlock and the issue would be resolved so it made me think that it had to be software. Well I had been dealing with the issue for so long that I got an RMA and was preparing to send it off this week. This update popped up and so far, I haven't had an issue. I've also run Multitouch Test and cannot seem to find the dead spot.

Typing in the browser seems much better as I haven't missed any keystrokes since the update either.

Now if I could get rid of these tiny white spots on the screen, I'd just keep this unit. They don't act like a dead pixel but more like a spot where the back light is brighter.

ajkid93

Dec 14, 2010
I did the firmware update, and now it is unusable. The touchscreen no longer works, so I don't know what to do. I rebooted it to see if it would work, but no luck.

wynand32

Jan 2, 2008
Downloading is faster after the update. Noticed that app downloads (e.g., the 250MB for Shadowgun) were much slower than on the OG Transformer. After the update it's now as fast on the Prime.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

tylermaciaszek

Jul 1, 2011
Selden
I've been dealing with an issue with a touch screen dead spot under the Asus logo that only popped up after some heavy web browsing. Typically I would just hit the power button twice and unlock and the issue would be resolved so it made me think that it had to be software. Well I had been dealing with the issue for so long that I got an RMA and was preparing to send it off this week. This update popped up and so far, I haven't had an issue. I've also run Multitouch Test and cannot seem to find the dead spot.

Typing in the browser seems much better as I haven't missed any keystrokes since the update either.

Now if I could get rid of these tiny white spots on the screen, I'd just keep this unit. They don't act like a dead pixel but more like a spot where the back light is brighter.
i have that light thing too soo annoying

norm883

Dec 1, 2005
Boot to Recovery

I did the firmware update, and now it is unusable. The touchscreen no longer works, so I don't know what to do. I rebooted it to see if it would work, but no luck.

Did you try the boot to recovery? It is tricky volume down plus / power on button together, once you see boot with text hit volumeup fast.

PrimalNexus

Jan 2, 2012
Nashville, TN

Did you try a cold reboot? Turn the Prime off (you might have to hit the reset button) and hold the volume down key and then hold the power button until it boots. You will have to use the volume key to switch between the Wipe Data option and the Android icon to select the android icon.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

This has been my experience as well. Specifically the browser and the stock Android keyboard.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the ASUS-Germany Facebook Page:
    update.jpg
    right after installing the update, I did a GPS test and I'm able to get 8-10 satellites from my home office. I used to never get a signal here. I will test more and report back.
    WIFI is not required for GPS to function. But yes, even with Wifi turned on.

I am so not bothered by this gps nonsense i never turned off my wifi to check, when i go to weather, it knows where am i am, when i go to maps it locks on instantly, when i go to checkins, it knows where i am.

in my eyes GPS works. idc if i go outside with some sattelite app with wifi off if it connects to them. it works, thats all i care about.

if you are using a 10.1 tablet as a GPS in your car then i really don't know what to say.
    Google plus app keeps crashing after this update...

Same here. Got it to work by going into Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Google+ > Clear Data , then Force stop. First time you load Google+ you will then need to select your account.
    For thoses who can't update, do you get a "The application CMClient (process com.asus.cm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." everytime you boot up? I do lol, if you do I think I might have found an answer, but it's unconfirmed though. I can confirm it till I get home this evening. Here is a link to what I think is a solution.
    this method worked for me