shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Unofficial Team Win Recovery Project version 2.6.3.0 for the Nexus 5

Nexus 5 Stock Recovery Image

Flashing Instructions

1. Download the above file.
2. Move the downloaded recovery file into the directory where you have ADB and Fastboot setup on your computer.
3. Navigate into the directory where you have ADB and Fastboot setup on your computer and run the following commands from the command prompt on your computer:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp-hammerhead-build2.img

Congratulations you now have Team Win Recovery Project running on your Nexus 5.

Credits: Dees_Troy and Team Win for developing Team Win Recovery Project

F.A.Q
Q. What is Team Win Recovery Project and where can I find out more about it?
A. From the official Team Win Recovery site "Team Win Recovery Project 2.6, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel." If you would like to find out more about Team Win and Team Win Recovery Project please take a look at their website which can be found here.

Last edited:

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
I can confirm that this build of TWRP doesn't work. Good effort though. Just test the stuff next time :), or there might be something device specific that made it work on yours but not mine/ours.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I appreciate you testing it, I don't have a Nexus 5 to test it or else I would have done that before. I have a feeling might have to wait for official builds to show up but I'll keep plugging away at it to see what I can do to fix it.

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Reactions: tyshemi

Gorgtech

Sep 3, 2012
Nuremberg
I can help you out with the mounting points ;) I don´t have a Nexus5 yet, it may be experimental though. This is what I could grab out of the Stock Kernel´s RAMdisk..

Code:
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system       /system         ext4    ro,barrier=1                                                    wait
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata     /data           ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered,nomblk_io_submit,noauto_da_alloc,errors=panic wait,check,encryptable=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/metadata
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache        /cache          ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered,nomblk_io_submit,noauto_da_alloc,errors=panic wait,check
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/persist      /persist        ext4    nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered,nodelalloc,nomblk_io_submit,errors=panic wait
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem        /firmware       vfat    ro,shortname=lower,uid=1000,gid=1000,dmask=227,fmask=337        wait
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot         /boot           emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery     /recovery       emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc         /misc           emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem        /radio          emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sbl1         /sbl1           emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/tz           /tz             emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/rpm          /rpm            emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sdi          /sdi            emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot        /aboot          emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/imgdata      /imgdata        emmc    defaults                                                        defaults

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
@shimp208

Can you share the TWRP flags. I've already made 'em but did'nt test as I don't have the device

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

off course we should

@mithun46 and @Gorgtech I'll be happy to work with you guys and anyone else to hopefully get this recovery fixed and booting properly as teamwork and community development is what makes XDA what it is

My build flags were pretty basic for TWRP that I added to BoardConfig.mk were:

Code:
DEVICE_RESOLUTION := 1080x1920
HAVE_SELINUX := true

And here is the recovery.fstab I was using:

Code:
# Android fstab file.
#<src>                                         <mnt_point>  <type>  <mnt_flags and options>  <fs_mgr_flags>
# The filesystem that contains the filesystem checker binary (typically /system) cannot
# specify MF_CHECK, and must come before any filesystems that do specify MF_CHECK

/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system       /system         ext4    ro,barrier=1                                                    wait
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata     /data           ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered,nomblk_io_submit,noauto_da_alloc,errors=panic wait,check,encryptable=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/metadata
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache        /cache          ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered,nomblk_io_submit,noauto_da_alloc,errors=panic wait,check
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/persist      /persist        ext4    nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered,nodelalloc,nomblk_io_submit,errors=panic wait
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem        /firmware       vfat    ro,shortname=lower,uid=1000,gid=1000,dmask=227,fmask=337        wait
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot         /boot           emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery     /recovery       emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc         /misc           emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem        /radio          emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sbl1         /sbl1           emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/tz           /tz             emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/rpm          /rpm            emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sdi          /sdi            emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot        /aboot          emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/imgdata      /imgdata        emmc    defaults                                                        defaults

If you want I can upload the recoveries unpacked ramdisk and related files if you want.

mithun46

Oct 28, 2012
▒▅|▆|█|▆|▅▒
@mithun46 and @Gorgtech I'll be happy to work with you guys and anyone else to hopefully get this recovery fixed and booting properly as teamwork and community development is what makes XDA what it is

My build flags were pretty basic for TWRP that I added to BoardConfig.mk were:

Code:
HAVE_SELINUX := true

And here is the recovery.fstab I was using:

Code:
# Android fstab file.
#<src>                                         <mnt_point>  <type>  <mnt_flags and options>  <fs_mgr_flags>
# The filesystem that contains the filesystem checker binary (typically /system) cannot
# specify MF_CHECK, and must come before any filesystems that do specify MF_CHECK

If you want I can upload the recoveries unpacked ramdisk and related files if you want.

Try this
Code:
#TWRP config
RECOVERY_SDCARD_ON_DATA := true
RECOVERY_GRAPHICS_USE_LINELENGTH := true
BOARD_HAS_NO_REAL_SDCARD := true
PRODUCT_BUILD_PROP_OVERRIDES += BUILD_UTC_DATE=0
TW_INCLUDE_JB_CRYPTO := true
TW_FLASH_FROM_STORAGE := true
TW_NO_USB_STORAGE := true

TW_INTERNAL_STORAGE_PATH := "/data/media"
TW_INTERNAL_STORAGE_MOUNT_POINT := "data"
TW_EXTERNAL_STORAGE_PATH := "/usb-otg"
TW_EXTERNAL_STORAGE_MOUNT_POINT := "usb-otg"

sewer56lol

Try this
Code:
#TWRP config
RECOVERY_SDCARD_ON_DATA := true
RECOVERY_GRAPHICS_USE_LINELENGTH := true
BOARD_HAS_NO_REAL_SDCARD := true
PRODUCT_BUILD_PROP_OVERRIDES += BUILD_UTC_DATE=0
TW_INCLUDE_JB_CRYPTO := true
TW_FLASH_FROM_STORAGE := true
TW_NO_USB_STORAGE := true

TW_INTERNAL_STORAGE_PATH := "/data/media"
TW_INTERNAL_STORAGE_MOUNT_POINT := "data"
TW_EXTERNAL_STORAGE_PATH := "/usb-otg"
TW_EXTERNAL_STORAGE_MOUNT_POINT := "usb-otg"

+1. I recommend this as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Original post has been updated with a new build of TWRP using updates build flags @mithun46. As always any feedback from testing is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial Team Win Recovery Project version 2.6.3.0 for the Nexus 5

Nexus 5 Stock Recovery Image

Flashing Instructions

1. Download the above file.
    2. Move the downloaded recovery file into the directory where you have ADB and Fastboot setup on your computer.
    3. Navigate into the directory where you have ADB and Fastboot setup on your computer and run the following commands from the command prompt on your computer:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-hammerhead-build2.img

Congratulations you now have Team Win Recovery Project running on your Nexus 5.

Credits: Dees_Troy and Team Win for developing Team Win Recovery Project

F.A.Q
    Q. What is Team Win Recovery Project and where can I find out more about it?
    A. From the official Team Win Recovery site "Team Win Recovery Project 2.6, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel." If you would like to find out more about Team Win and Team Win Recovery Project please take a look at their website which can be found here.
    @shimp208

Could you add the stock recovery into both of your recovery threads so people can reverse when their recoveries don't work?
    I uploaded the stock Nexus 5 recovery for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9a4g4oks01zlpa6
    Now that the official TWRP is available for the Nexus 5 (hammerhead) which can be downloaded from here, I will be taking down the test builds in this thread. I appreciate everyone testing the builds I had posted. Thank you.
    wow, nexus 5 has development so fast!!! Can't wait for cm10.3:laugh:

You mean CM11
    @shimp208

Could you add the stock recovery into both of your recovery threads so people can reverse when their recoveries don't work?
    I uploaded the stock Nexus 5 recovery for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9a4g4oks01zlpa6

Thanks updated the Original Post to include the stock recovery image link you posted, as I mentioned I'll be looking into a solution for the problem of the recovery not booting in the meantime.