[SOLVED] [Q] HTC Stuck on Boot Screen, here's what I did

Search This thread

2dayquestion

Sep 14, 2012
Hi everyone,

I've spent the last 6 hours attempting various fixes from forums and I just can't &^%$ing get this.

Here's what I did.

(1) Phone got stuck in a bootloop.
(2) I did a backup in TWRP version 2.6.
(3) Factory reset.
(4) Everything worked again, no bootloop.
(5) Tried to recover from the backup in TWRP, backup failed.
(6) Phone now stuck on the HTC One screen.. won't load a thing.

I really just want things back to normal, as in stock ROM.

Some info about the phone:
S-ON
TWRP ver 2.6
rooted
can access recovery
don't need anything on the phone

I'm looking for a solution to get this phone going again.. any solution. I'd prefer to be on stock ROM. I'd love some help on this. I'm here.

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hi everyone,

I've spent the last 6 hours attempting various fixes from forums and I just can't &^%$ing get this.

Here's what I did.

(1) Phone got stuck in a bootloop.
(2) I did a backup in TWRP version 2.6.
(3) Factory reset.
(4) Everything worked again, no bootloop.

(5) Tried to recover from the backup in TWRP, backup failed.
(6) Phone now stuck on the HTC One screen.. won't load a thing.

I really just want things back to normal, as in stock ROM.

don't need anything on the phone

well if you don't need anything on the phone and you previously did a factory reset and the phone stopped boot-looping, why did you restored that faulty backup? just do a factory reset and you'll be good

Last edited:

2dayquestion

Sep 14, 2012
well if you don't need anything on the phone and you previously did a factory reset and the phone stopped boot-looping, why did you restored that faulty backup? just do a factory reset and you'll be good

The backup contained all of the original apps. Thought I could get it rolling again, but no go. Now the phone just won't boot. Stuck on the HTC one screen, even after another factory reset.

2dayquestion

Sep 14, 2012
post your fastboot getvar all please

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.00.000.0
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: ---------------
(bootloader) imei: ----------------
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: ROGER001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3855mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

2dayquestion

Sep 14, 2012
factory reset again
Install Titanium backup it will restore apps & data from nandroid backup

from HTC One

The factory reset isn't working. It still hangs. I did the initial backup through TWRP. Will Titanium backup be compatible with that backup?

Now the phone is currently locked, no OS.Should I flash another ROM?

2dayquestion

Sep 14, 2012
http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_..._10-38r-1157-04l_release_351317_signed_2-exe/

Looks like your RUU to return to fully stock

You could do with seeing if you can see this number anywhere in the bootloader 4.19.631.9 usually under os- however, radio's match

The OS is set to 1.000.000. I used some **** utility that reset it. I started clicking things... lol

One thing I'm wondering is since this phone is S-ON, will I be able to even flash a ROM? Could that be the reason that the TWRP restore function isn't working? As far as I know... SON would prevent system files from being written.. correct me if I'm wrong

..downloading that file as I write this

Last edited:

2dayquestion

Sep 14, 2012

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
The phone is the HTC One m7 through Rogers. It was recently asking me for the latest OTA update. The ROM was stock, if that helps.

looks like your RUU, like I said, its a Rogers RUU and contains the same radio, your version-main just threw me off a bit, leave your bootloader locked / relocked and plug into your computer in bootloader mode, then run the RUU on your computer, follow the instructions, make sure your battery is 50% or more before running.

regarding your other question, you can flash custom roms whilst s-on, you just have to make sure your bootloader is unlocked, s-on is not there to protect system files, its there to protect you from messing with the HBOOT and radio's etc which will brick the phone if done wrong, you cant brick by flashing rom's.

Reactions: 2dayquestion

2dayquestion

Sep 14, 2012
looks like your RUU, like I said, its a Rogers RUU and contains the same radio, your version-main just threw me off a bit, leave your bootloader locked / relocked and plug into your computer in bootloader mode, then run the RUU on your computer, follow the instructions, make sure your battery is 50% or more before running.

regarding your other question, you can flash custom roms whilst s-on, you just have to make sure your bootloader is unlocked, s-on is not there to protect system files, its there to protect you from messing with the HBOOT and radio's etc which will brick the phone if done wrong, you cant brick by flashing rom's.

Thanks a lot for that link. I found an RUU file about 7 hours ago, but it was in .zip format, not .exe like the link you provided me. This made it damn easy. I relocked the bootloader, installed, now it's all great. Thanks a lot. Can I thumbs up you, or do anything in return?

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Thanks a lot for that link. I found an RUU file about 7 hours ago, but it was in .zip format, not .exe like the link you provided me. This made it damn easy. I relocked the bootloader, installed, now it's all great. Thanks a lot. Can I thumbs up you, or do anything in return?

Just hit the thanks button a couple of times is plenty.

The Zip would of worked too, you just have to flash it in a special kinda way.

Glad its all working now, could you edit your title in your first post to SOLVED now please.

2dayquestion

Sep 14, 2012

Glad its all working now, could you edit your title in your first post to SOLVED now please.

I'm guessing a side-load? I really like the install wizard, the RUU method is pretty ingenious. One quick question for you: It's asking me for a system update, OTA, that's not installing after I download it. I unlocked the bootloader through HTC dev using the binary they e-mail you. Would I have to unroot? Any tips on what I could do?

[edit: for some reason, OTA worked] thanks a lot for your help and especially for that magical link. cheers

Last edited:

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
I'm guessing a side-load? I really like the install wizard, the RUU method is pretty ingenious. One quick question for you: It's asking me for a system update, OTA, that's not installing after I download it. I unlocked the bootloader through HTC dev using the binary they e-mail you. Would I have to unroot? Any tips on what I could do?

[edit: for some reason, OTA worked] thanks a lot for your help and especially for that magical link. cheers

No, you have to put your phone in fastbootRUU mode and then flash the zip from your computer using fastboot commands.

Glad the OTA worked in the end, but in future when installing OTA's just make sure your bootloader is locked / relocked first.

2dayquestion

Sep 14, 2012
No, you have to put your phone in fastbootRUU mode and then flash the zip from your computer using fastboot commands.

Glad the OTA worked in the end, but in future when installing OTA's just make sure your bootloader is locked / relocked first.

That may have been the issue. Thanks for your time. Another 'thanks' is in order. Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    post your fastboot getvar all please
    http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_..._10-38r-1157-04l_release_351317_signed_2-exe/

Looks like your RUU to return to fully stock

You could do with seeing if you can see this number anywhere in the bootloader 4.19.631.9 usually under os- however, radio's match
    The phone is the HTC One m7 through Rogers. It was recently asking me for the latest OTA update. The ROM was stock, if that helps.