[Q] How to install .APK file directly to SD CARD?

Search This thread

dazkyl

Jan 23, 2011
I have an htc desire rooted and have a 4gb sd card.
i put the .apk file in the sd card and access it with file explorer in the mobile.
how can i install the .apk file directly to sd card instead of installing it in the mobile storage?
thanks

Dirk

May 11, 2009
I don't think it's possible, but what you can do is install it normally and and then use Application Manager to move it to SD. (Apps to SD or a2sd)

Perhaps you already know this so sorry if i'm preaching to the quior!

Of course the ROM has to support this as well as the App. If i remember correctly i think this was supported officially from 2.2 onward. (Froyo). Custom ROMs, especially Cyanogenmods, usually have this feature working out of the box.

MHKH3

Sep 6, 2013
jast wanna help u !!!

I have an htc desire rooted and have a 4gb sd card.
i put the .apk file in the sd card and access it with file explorer in the mobile.
how can i install the .apk file directly to sd card instead of installing it in the mobile storage?
thanks

Hi here an odd way by the way:
as far as I know in the mixui10ml (as a custom rom 4 xperia ray search 4 it)there is such ability but u should unzip it and find and test apk files and install them to find out which one do such thing
I personally do other work ... copy all apk file in to my new downloaded custom rom and replace them and it works great!
and i should that point this apk isnt like apk2sd & other silly apk... it added in to system as a property and automatically run whenever an apk install.
its the only *(hard but real) way* that i find by searching in 2 years!!! sorry 4 my poor EN just want to help!

at last I find the name of that apk!!: "package installer.apk"!

Last edited: