[APP] Androidsuite 2013 v117 Re-release! (27/08/2013) Jelly Bean Support!

Search This thread

Slethen

Apr 27, 2011
Southampton
slethen.net
Check slethen.net for latest news on this tool http://slethen.net for screenshots and progress

AndroidSuite 2013
Coded & Tested by:
  • Tom Dolan (Scriptr)
  • Joel Duncan (Slethen)

I'm taking over the project development any suggestions for new features are very welcome :D

If you're having an issue please visit the AndroidSuite page on my website as I will get back to you much faster
http://slethen.net/?page_id=109

As you may of noticed even though v117 claimed to be the latest version there was no actual download.
That's now changed v117 has been fully released and here are a few things you will need to know about the new release:
In v117 there is now a x86 and x64 bit versions of AndroidSuite please use the one for your architecture or it will not work.
Make sure there are no spaces in the directory tree that AndroidSuite is in. E.g

C:\Windows\users\Slethen\Android Suite\ WRONG
C:\Windows\users\Slethen\AndroidSuite\ RIGHT :)

Updates:

v117 Re-release!
Updated Apktool
Reworked a lot of the code as all source apart from version 115 was lost
Fixed under laying bugs and should now of sorted encode and decode issues

v116
Updated APKTool any decoding and encoding issues should be sorted
v116 Rev 2 coming to night when I get a chance to edit the source code

v115
ICS support added

v114
Bug fixes
Images showing again
No more refresh bug

v113
Apk Signer added!
And working updater
Tutorial help section added, but program closes after viewing :/

AndroidSuite2013 what it does
  • Decodes and encodes Dex files
  • Decodes and encodes APK files (Previously bugged in APKManager)
  • Gives a console output
  • Flash boot.img (fastboot)
  • Flash update.zip (fastboot)
  • reboot/reboot fastboot mode
  • Sign unsigned apks

Whats to be added?
ADB Apk flasher
Any suggestions?

System requirements:

Windows (XP/Vista/7)
512MB free system memory
Java (JRE/JDK 6 prefered)
Android Suite 2013 by Team Scripthen

APKs:
Place the APKs in the directory \apk\
refresh the list,
select from the first list box which one you want to decode then hit
"decode selected" you can then edit the source in "decoded-apks".
to re-encode, refresh the list again, the select from the second list which directory
you'd like to encode hit "encode selected" once the progress bar has stopped you can
then safetly remove the APK from "encoded-apks" directory.

Dex:
place your .dex file in the directory "\repo\Dex" go to the main window and then hit
"Decode Dex", then you can click "Open OUT Directory" to view the source code.
Once finished with the source code you can then hit "Encode Dex" to reencode it to
"classes.dex" which will appear in programs root.

APK Signing:

Place your apk file to be signed in "\unsigned" rename it too apk (apk.apk)
Now hit Apk Signer under Experimental features, this creates your new signed apk as "signed-apk.apk" in /unsigned folder

Experimental features added:

Apply update.zip;
Applies an update.zip to the device,
please note:
To apply the update, the archive needs to be in %PROGRAMROOT%\repo\

Reboot;
Send reboot signal to the phone

Boot to fast mode;
Reboot the phone to fast mode

boot.img;
This has NOT been fully tested!!!
To apply the new boot image put it in %PROGRAMROOT%\repo\

It would be extremely helpful if you were to post bugs/errors on this topic so we can find them easier. :D

AndroidSuite2013
Androidsuite.png

DOWNLOAD

Attachments

• Androidsuite133.jpg
    Androidsuite133.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 5,069
  • AndroidSuite.7z
    7.4 MB · Views: 8,088
Last edited:

Slethen

Apr 27, 2011
Southampton
slethen.net
If anyone is getting this error at the bottom of verbose output this means the app cannot be decoded using apktool, this is most likely because the app has already be edited.

Error code:
file:/C:/Users/JOEL/Desktop/SUITE/AndroidSuite2012/bin/apktool.jar]
[Loaded java.util.LinkedHashSet from shared objects file]
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.directory.PathNotExist: apktool.yml
at brut.androlib.Androlib.readMetaFile(Androlib.java:142)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:159)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:182)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:67)
Caused by: brut.directory.PathNotExist: apktool.yml
at brut.directory.AbstractDirectory.getFileInput(AbstractDirectory.java:103)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.readMetaFile(Androlib.java:138)
... 4 more
[Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap$KeySet from shared objects file]
[Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap$IdentityHashMapIterator from shared objects file]
[Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap$KeyIterator from shared objects file]

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Thank You for the hint in the PM. Downloading it right now and will test this new version in the evening.

The screenshot looks very promissing for the new things. Can't wait to get my fingers on it ;):D

And orb please, they doing good things but you are right, without the rules nothing will go on.
Badly but the truth on this earth

Update:
testing right now...

Last edited:

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
I was very busy with my day job and the end of this week i will test it again with an external apk. Then i will report back.

A too long period without any android stuff ;-)

ocman

Oct 14, 2009
What a great program!!!

The main site is down hope dev hasn't stopped is marvellous work!!!!

Wished feature : multiples apk selection and decompression.

for the moment i'm on version 113 because main site is down to download 115...

hoping for a 116 version^^

See U.

Slethen

Apr 27, 2011
Southampton
slethen.net
Development defiantly hasn't stopped, were working on a linux version at the moment. Thank you very much for the feed back, I'll get working on that feature. My sites down because of hosting going a bit funny should be back up soon! :) if you like I'll upload v115 to a mirror?

Edit: Websites backup http://slethen.net :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Obliterator

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
I am very busy, he he. I had visit your sitre and downloaded the latest version. Thanks...
Will report on a urgent project..

kbit013

Sep 12, 2012
Siem Reap
Hi bro ,Why i use AndroidSuite Can Decode but can't Encode it, i try check in Encode Folder but not found and in AndroidSuite it's say Encode Complete!
So what can i do ?

I test an any .apk app just Decode no edit something and wanna encode it back (it's not show in Encode folder)
Thanks.
Good Luck.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

I cannot encode it back! What's wrong?

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app

Same as me brother, everybody help ??

Scribblezzz

Jan 2, 2012
Manchester
scriptr.co.uk
This was a known bug... I was meant to fix this, and did so in squared... only problem is that I no longer use Winblows so I will no longer be doing anything for androidsuite until there is a Linux version planned (with dedication ofc.)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Nicky's Minge **** muff puffs & ****s premium

Slethen

Apr 27, 2011
Southampton
slethen.net
Possible fix

Here My Log bro , and i use Decode "Go Keyboard v1.8.0" App :
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1347627&stc=1&d=1348398266
Thanks, And wait for ur respond .

First thing you want to do is make sure APKtool is compatible with the app, do this by getting a fresh unedited copy of the app then encode and decode it without making any changes, open the new apk and make sure everythings there and this error wasn't in the log

"Exception in thread "main" [Loaded java.lang.Throwable$PrintStreamOrWriter from C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\rt.jar]
[Loaded java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream from C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\rt.jar]
brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\CKP\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL3441701509142895146.tmp, -I, C:\Users\CKP\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\CKP\Desktop\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\GO_Keyboard_v1.8.0\res, -M, C:\Users\CKP\Desktop\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\GO_Keyboard_v1.8.0\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:193)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:301)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:248)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:171)
[Loaded java.util.Objects from C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\rt.jar]
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\CKP\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL3441701509142895146.tmp, -I, C:\Users\CKP\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\CKP\Desktop\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\GO_Keyboard_v1.8.0\res, -M, C:\Users\CKP\Desktop\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\GO_Keyboard_v1.8.0\AndroidManifest.xml]
at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:191)
... 6 more
[Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap$IdentityHashMapIterator from shared objects file]
[Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap$KeyIterator from shared objects file"

If that worked then the cause of your problem is a bad edit look at the lines in the log, look at the lines in public.xml they appear broken.

If none of the above works replace the apktool.jar. To replace it you need to make copy it into 2 then rename one apktoolD.jar and the other apktoolE.jar.

Good luck!

Reactions: kbit013

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check slethen.net for latest news on this tool http://slethen.net for screenshots and progress

AndroidSuite 2013
    Coded & Tested by:
    • Tom Dolan (Scriptr)
    • Joel Duncan (Slethen)

I'm taking over the project development any suggestions for new features are very welcome :D

If you're having an issue please visit the AndroidSuite page on my website as I will get back to you much faster
    http://slethen.net/?page_id=109

As you may of noticed even though v117 claimed to be the latest version there was no actual download.
    That's now changed v117 has been fully released and here are a few things you will need to know about the new release:
    In v117 there is now a x86 and x64 bit versions of AndroidSuite please use the one for your architecture or it will not work.
    Make sure there are no spaces in the directory tree that AndroidSuite is in. E.g

C:\Windows\users\Slethen\Android Suite\ WRONG
    C:\Windows\users\Slethen\AndroidSuite\ RIGHT :)

Updates:

v117 Re-release!
    Updated Apktool
    Reworked a lot of the code as all source apart from version 115 was lost
    Fixed under laying bugs and should now of sorted encode and decode issues

v116
    Updated APKTool any decoding and encoding issues should be sorted
    v116 Rev 2 coming to night when I get a chance to edit the source code

v115
    ICS support added

v114
    Bug fixes
    Images showing again
    No more refresh bug

v113
    Apk Signer added!
    And working updater
    Tutorial help section added, but program closes after viewing :/

AndroidSuite2013 what it does
    • Decodes and encodes Dex files
    • Decodes and encodes APK files (Previously bugged in APKManager)
    • Gives a console output
    • Flash boot.img (fastboot)
    • Flash update.zip (fastboot)
    • reboot/reboot fastboot mode
    • Sign unsigned apks

Whats to be added?
    ADB Apk flasher
    Any suggestions?

System requirements:

Windows (XP/Vista/7)
    512MB free system memory
    Java (JRE/JDK 6 prefered)
    Android Suite 2013 by Team Scripthen

APKs:
    Place the APKs in the directory \apk\
    refresh the list,
    select from the first list box which one you want to decode then hit
    "decode selected" you can then edit the source in "decoded-apks".
    to re-encode, refresh the list again, the select from the second list which directory
    you'd like to encode hit "encode selected" once the progress bar has stopped you can
    then safetly remove the APK from "encoded-apks" directory.

Dex:
    place your .dex file in the directory "\repo\Dex" go to the main window and then hit
    "Decode Dex", then you can click "Open OUT Directory" to view the source code.
    Once finished with the source code you can then hit "Encode Dex" to reencode it to
    "classes.dex" which will appear in programs root.

APK Signing:

Place your apk file to be signed in "\unsigned" rename it too apk (apk.apk)
    Now hit Apk Signer under Experimental features, this creates your new signed apk as "signed-apk.apk" in /unsigned folder

Experimental features added:

Apply update.zip;
    Applies an update.zip to the device,
    please note:
    To apply the update, the archive needs to be in %PROGRAMROOT%\repo\

Reboot;
    Send reboot signal to the phone

Boot to fast mode;
    Reboot the phone to fast mode

boot.img;
    This has NOT been fully tested!!!
    To apply the new boot image put it in %PROGRAMROOT%\repo\

It would be extremely helpful if you were to post bugs/errors on this topic so we can find them easier. :D

AndroidSuite2013
    Androidsuite.png

DOWNLOAD
    Good evening.

Excellent application (AndroidSuite, Version 117, Relased 117) - thank you!

My experience:

But: Small / normal (5MB) apk files, it's okay. Decoding, Encoding, signed ... = works.
    I translated three small programs.

But encoding for large (11MB) apk not encoding. (decoding yes)
    Is it possible? It just does not arise encode the file in the "encoded-APKs"
    (translate program "myMail": play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.my.mail&hl=cs )

(latest version of JDK installed, XP Home, 2GB RAM, Pentium 3.8 GHz)

Thank you very much and sorry - Google Translate.

EDIT - Errors (?):

C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values-af\plurals.xml:36: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in minder as %1$s minute gelede vanaf 'n %2$s-blaaier in %3$s)
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values-af\plurals.xml:37: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in minder as %1$s minuut gelede vanaf 'n %2$s-blaaier in %3$s)
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values-ca\plurals.xml:92: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in des d'un navegador de %1$s a %2$s fa menys de %3$s minuts)
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values-ca\plurals.xml:93: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in des d'un navegador de %1$s a %2$s fa menys d'%3$s minut)
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values-ca\plurals.xml:97: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in des de %1$s fa menys d'%2$s minut)
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values-fr-rCA\plurals.xml:36: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in Ă* partir d'un navigateur %1$s Ă* %2$s il y a moins de %3$s minute(s))
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values-fr-rCA\plurals.xml:37: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in Ă* partir d'un navigateur %1$s Ă* %2$s il y a moins de %3$s minute(s))
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values\styles.xml:192: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Base'.
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values\styles.xml:232: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Base'.
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values\styles.xml:280: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Base'.
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values\styles.xml:324: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Base'.
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values\styles.xml:340: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Base.DropDownItem'.
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values\styles.xml:366: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Base'.
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values\styles.xml:373: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Light.Base'.
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values\styles.xml:392: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'TextAppearance.AppCompat.Base'.
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values\styles.xml:425: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Base'.
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values-v14\styles.xml:58: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Base'.
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values\styles.xml:619: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Base'.
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values\styles.xml:675: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme'.
    C:\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\com.google.android.gms-1\res\values\styles.xml:1055: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:layout_removeBorders'.
    Development defiantly hasn't stopped, were working on a linux version at the moment. Thank you very much for the feed back, I'll get working on that feature. My sites down because of hosting going a bit funny should be back up soon! :) if you like I'll upload v115 to a mirror?

Edit: Websites backup http://slethen.net :)
    Possible fix

Here My Log bro , and i use Decode "Go Keyboard v1.8.0" App :
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1347627&stc=1&d=1348398266
    Thanks, And wait for ur respond .

First thing you want to do is make sure APKtool is compatible with the app, do this by getting a fresh unedited copy of the app then encode and decode it without making any changes, open the new apk and make sure everythings there and this error wasn't in the log

"Exception in thread "main" [Loaded java.lang.Throwable$PrintStreamOrWriter from C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\rt.jar]
    [Loaded java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream from C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\rt.jar]
    brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\CKP\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL3441701509142895146.tmp, -I, C:\Users\CKP\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\CKP\Desktop\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\GO_Keyboard_v1.8.0\res, -M, C:\Users\CKP\Desktop\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\GO_Keyboard_v1.8.0\AndroidManifest.xml]
    at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:193)
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:301)
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:248)
    at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:171)
    [Loaded java.util.Objects from C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\rt.jar]
    Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\CKP\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL3441701509142895146.tmp, -I, C:\Users\CKP\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\CKP\Desktop\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\GO_Keyboard_v1.8.0\res, -M, C:\Users\CKP\Desktop\AndroidSuite\decoded-apks\GO_Keyboard_v1.8.0\AndroidManifest.xml]
    at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)
    at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:191)
    ... 6 more
    [Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap$KeyIterator from shared objects file"

If that worked then the cause of your problem is a bad edit look at the lines in the log, look at the lines in public.xml they appear broken.

If none of the above works replace the apktool.jar. To replace it you need to make copy it into 2 then rename one apktoolD.jar and the other apktoolE.jar.

Good luck!
    Yes Thanks bro , i tried your point those app are can Encode back but 1 App that i can't decode take they res folder !
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.baidu.input&hl=en
    It's seem they file was protect .

I think I know why I'm going to update the tool tonight. It should support Jelly Bean applications and solve any

other issues. Updating apktool and doing some hard coded modifications :)

Sorry for lack of development