Will We Get A 32gb Nexus 4?

Search This thread

MattSkeet

Sep 9, 2010
Derby
I've deleted all my games but my music alone is still about 10+ gb right now on my current phone(sgs2 with a 32gb sd card), no to mention some latest telly and films I'd like to watch when I'm commuting.
I seriously hope some1 can find a solution to get nexus 4 work with OTG soon, otherwise I'd be struggling with this little storage.

Do you manage to listen to that 10gb of music in a day ? Or even in a week ?
Sorry but this is just retarded. It can be easily swapped wither via PC or cloud every other day in few minutes ....
Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

its a hell of hassle to convert all my 100+ GB of mp3, most of which are V0, besides, it doesnt make sense to go backwards in terms of music quality.
the speed of mobile internet is quite slow and patchy in the UK and average data plan would only give 500mb per month here. the new 4G data plans from the only provider EE now are ridiculously expensive, 5GB per month for 36 quid, 8GB for 56 quid. I actually suspect that there's some sort of conspiracy between handset manufacturers and network providers.
my only wish now is that some1 could find a way to make OTG work with nexus 4.

You are so loads of bollocks .... I pay £12.90 a month on 3. Unlimited data, coverage no issues and I have been in quite a lot of places in UK so stop bull****ting
Besides I had more than 150gb and managed to upload it to Google ....

Last edited:

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Do you manage to listen to that 10gb of music in a day ? Or even in a week ?
Sorry but this is just retarded. It can be easily swapped wither via PC or cloud every other day in few minutes ....

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

You are so loads of bollocks .... I pay £12.90 a month on 3. Unlimited data, coverage no issues and I have been in quite a lot of places in UK so stop bull****ting
Besides I had more than 150gb and managed to upload it to Google ....

Not everybody is you nor has your coverage. And transferring a few gigs in a few minutes is a load of bullocks. Something we shouldn't have to do constantly anyways when storage is cheap and abundant. Deep throat much?

Sent from my GT-N7100

Triune

Jul 3, 2007
All of this would be remedied by an Micro SD Card slot. I wouldn't care if it was 8gb internally, I don't understand why Goole won't implement this in their Nexus devices. It makes things cost effective and easier for the consumer.

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
All of this would be remedied by an Micro SD Card slot. I wouldn't care if it was 8gb internally, I don't understand why Goole won't implement this in their Nexus devices. It makes things cost effective and easier for the consumer.

AMEN. Although 8GB internal would be pushing it since apps can only use internal storage. That includes games like NFS: Most Wanted, which is over 1GB and can only store its data on the internal storage card.

Reactions: xchasa

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Yeah that's why I say having an sd isn't as important as more storage. If you wanna use your phone for a pmp, an ad card works great but if you wanna game it won't help you out much.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

grosmark

Aug 15, 2010
israel
This is the only reason that i am 'stuck' with my samsung galaxy s3
i wish they will give as the possibility to buy 32\64 gb nexus 4

Last edited:

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
i hope google gives it out free.. replace ur nexus 4 16gb with 32gb one.

keep dreaming.. hahah

The one thing they did do for people who bought the 16gb Nexus 7 that got replaced with the 32gb version was refund the person the difference in the cost and ONLY if you had bought one recently. I had mine when it first came out so I didn't get a refund :(

zerosource

Jul 29, 2010
I know Google is trying to push developers to make cloud apps and also use Google cloud services such as Google music...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I know Google is trying to push developers to make cloud apps and also use Google cloud services such as Google music...

Do you have an unlimited data plan with LTE that doesn't throttle you, is available to the general public (not grandfathered), is reasonable in costs, is available everywhere, and doesn't use any battery? Oh and no contract.

If so, I'd love to hear about it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: drpepe

chrisrozon

Feb 7, 2013
Do you have an unlimited data plan with LTE that doesn't throttle you, is available to the general public (not grandfathered), is reasonable in costs, is available everywhere, and doesn't use any battery? Oh and no contract.

If so, I'd love to hear about it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Well, other than the LTE bit, Tmobile offers pretty much exactly that.

And Google's stance is that by making that kind of plan desirable, customers will begin to demand it and carriers will either accede or lose market share to ones that do.

D4rk50ul

Sep 9, 2010
Honolulu
xdaforums.com
Cloud based storage is the future and Google knows it. With connection speeds getting faster every year it's just a matter if time before phones come with a free 100gb on a cloud service and just enough onboard memory for the essentials.

Imagine switching phones and always having your data with you, no corrupted SD cards, transferring files, etc.

Carriers that are smart will start offering unlimited data plans I'm using one with T-Mobile currently. AT&T and Verizon are greedy and overpriced as they always have been but even they will have to change in order to keep market share.

Data compression advances could reduce the need of large amounts of physical memory.

Would I rather have a 32GB? Of course, who wouldn't want more but as it stands this works just fine.

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Well, other than the LTE bit, Tmobile offers pretty much exactly that.

And Google's stance is that by making that kind of plan desirable, customers will begin to demand it and carriers will either accede or lose market share to ones that do.

Yeah but T-Mobile has crappy coverage even here in NYC (1 bar inside my house but if I walk out I magically have full service), and they're not fully rolled out on 1900 MHz, so I can't use whatever phones I want. I know for the Nexus 4 it's not an issue because it's pentaband though. Trust me, if T-Mobile were fully 1900 MHz and had better coverage, I'd switch to them in a heartbeat.

D4rk50ul

Sep 9, 2010
Honolulu
xdaforums.com
Guess AT&T and Verizon will stay dumb and greedy then.

Well not dumb I guess. I almost went to Verizon again but it's like $100 a month for a 2gb plan. I used 6gb my first week of this cycle.

They will keep charging it until they start losing customers then switch it up. I think the biggest issue for them is if everyone of their customers had unlimited data their speeds would plummet due to so much traffic.

Sent from my Nexus 4

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
The cloud is all well and good in theory, but unlimited data plans just aren't viable in many parts of the world. Here in New Zealand we just couldn't build the extra capacity required for unlimited plans without making the pricing unaffordable.

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
The cloud is all well and good in theory, but unlimited data plans just aren't viable in many parts of the world. Here in New Zealand we just couldn't build the extra capacity required for unlimited plans without making the pricing unaffordable.

Well in the us you can get unlimited at a decent price but you have to go to a network with crap coverage. The best 2 networks have data buckets, and I got a 3gb cap on my data.

Cloud won't really be ready for prime time until you can get unlimited data and coverage everywhere.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't buy the phone then. Easy as that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

SICK of these comments! They add no value. There is no alternative if you want space and Pure Nexus.
    Right now I am disappointed at Google.

At $299 / 349 contract free you'd have to be insane to be dissapointed with Google :eek:
    Third year in a row we do not get a 32gb Nexus phone.

If the last two years they didn't come out with an unlocked 32gb version they you shouldn't be surprised they didn't this year either ;)
    Don't buy the phone then. Easy as that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Hello All

Right now I am disappointed at Google. I have been wanting a pure Nexus device with 32gb.

Third year in a row we do not get a 32gb Nexus phone.

Why did Google release 32gb in the Nexus 7 and 10 devices and not the Nexus 4?

I understand what they are doing with price points and 8gb/16gb, No LTE etc but there still should be a 32gb option. Not everyone wants the cloud or to stream. I want my phone to replace my MP3 player.

There are no options if you want SPACE and PURE Google.

Will we get one in the very near future? Do other users want 32gb?

Cheers :)
    I honestly don't get why some people here are trying to teach others how and for what to use their devices. It's none of your concern and nobody asked for your advices!
    Some people need/want more storage, period; and they are willing to pay premium for it. If it was not true, than competition would not offer those options.

And yes, it is crucial to "whine" about it as much as possible and in as many places as possible, so Google gets their heads out their asses.