Adobe Flash Player works fine on UC Browser

Search This thread

holmesnmanny

Jan 1, 2010
Just thought I'd create a thread to let everyone know that you can use UC Browser to view pages that require Adobe Flash Player.

I was using Dolphin browser with a work around but it stopped working and never always worked. With UC Browser it always works. They download some sort of plugin for it.

DarthCitizen

Oct 1, 2013
Tittybong
I don't get it- I'm on 4.4.2 and flash works fine on stock browser and always did. I didn't have to find a flash apk or anything.

Sent from my HTC Two 5G LTE++ using xda - developers app for Android 18.3 Zagnut.

Reactions: frdy107

holmesnmanny

Jan 1, 2010
also you definitely are not using the stock browser and getting flash to work cause this is what i'm seeing when i reenabled the stock browser AND enabling flash in the settings and tried using youtube

You are either using a different phone, a different rom, a different flash player, a different browser, a different android version, or something else.

DarthCitizen

Oct 1, 2013
Tittybong
Welp, hate to burst your bubble but calling me a liar only makes you a fool.

I'm using the same damn setup that came with the phone. Stock and unrooted. I use the stock browser, it's fine for everything I attempt on it, and I use it to check out streaming video from liveleak, break, and a few other sites.

Ok? So bite me. This is XDA, not reddit. Take your lofty hollow blustering there and let the grown-ups talk.

Sent from my HTC Two 5G LTE++ using xda - developers app for Android 18.3 Zagnut.

holmesnmanny

Jan 1, 2010
Welp, hate to burst your bubble but calling me a liar only makes you a fool.

I'm using the same damn setup that came with the phone. Stock and unrooted. I use the stock browser, it's fine for everything I attempt on it, and I use it to check out streaming video from liveleak, break, and a few other sites.

Ok? So bite me. This is XDA, not reddit. Take your lofty hollow blustering there and let the grown-ups talk.

Meanwhile, I showed proof it doesn't work. While all you do is run your mouth about it working. Put a video up showing what your phone is and the version and model number and show it working.

If not, gtfo. kaythanks

DarthCitizen

Oct 1, 2013
Tittybong
So do you like it lubed or unlubed?

http://youtu.be/KemUPEbGibA

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Since you're probably gonna piss and whine about not being able to make out the software version data, I'll post another video when I have a better camera than laptop Webcam.

Unless you'd just like to apologize for acting like a reddit baby on a forum where we don't take kindly to nastiness.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Here's a screen recording I made with ASC for non-rooted devices.

http://youtu.be/rW2T1KvZufY

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
So do you like it lubed or unlubed?

http://youtu.be/KemUPEbGibA

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Since you're probably gonna piss and whine about not being able to make out the software version data, I'll post another video when I have a better camera than laptop Webcam.

Unless you'd just like to apologize for acting like a reddit baby on a forum where we don't take kindly to nastiness.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Here's a screen recording I made with ASC for non-rooted devices.

http://youtu.be/rW2T1KvZufY

Sorry kid, but that's not flash, that's youtube's native HTML5 player allowing you to watch videos on the stock browser. Try going to a real flash website. P.S. you might want to keep the lube nearby, or no lube if thats your cup of tea.

DarthCitizen

Oct 1, 2013
Tittybong
So I guess you throwing a bunch of screenshots of YouTube not working for you want the smartest thing you could have used in trying to prove your superiority, huh?

Anyway, I replied to your thread kindly and look what it's turned into.

Seriously - xda isn't the place for this ****.

Enjoy your victory. Either way, for what I want out of my phone, I ain't got no problems. Good luck with yours.

holmesnmanny

Jan 1, 2010
Just like the other guy said that's not flash. You're looking at the mobile site which uses html5. Change the browser to Desktop mode, then go to www.youtube.com and see if you can get youtube to play, which will only work if you can get flash to work, which it won't.

I posted a work around so people can watch flash videos. I didn't have to do this, most people probably had never even heard of UC Browser til now. I did this to help, not to be a ****.

You did the exact opposite. These boards are supposed to be a way to help people, not to try to show someone else up. This is what you did, not me. I only got mad when you badmouthed me.

Reactions: gamer765

DarthCitizen

Oct 1, 2013
Tittybong
If you look back, my post was one of confusion. There was nothing accusatory or rude.

Your reply was to call me out. Nothing more. You didn't contribute anything but to point out that I was wrong, without offering anything that would continue the conversation.

Then you demonstrated your point by posting screencaps of YouTube.

This confused me because youtube mobile site worked for me.

The situation got even more confusing.

Then suddenly I was the idiot because you posted irrelevant "proof".

Just saying" nope. You're wrong " without contributing to the" educational" aspect of what xda is about was the first shot fired.

If I just wanted to hear "you're wrong. Ha", I'd post on reddit.

I don't come to xda looking for a fight, but I will not be "dismissed" either.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Also, just in case you still don't see, "showing someone up" is exactly what you did when you posted your reply to my first message, and that justifiably pissed me off. I was confused, and not accusing anyone of anything.

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Bah, **** it. I'm just a hair-trigger misanthrope nowadays anyway. Sorry for lunging at you so harshly anyway.

holmesnmanny

Jan 1, 2010
More good news, guys.

I just realized that Firefox is now working fine with flash. I believe that whatever plugin UC Browser downloads works as well for Firefox.

After downloading the "desktop by default" addon and now with flash working I am back to using Firefox as my default browser. It works better than UC Browser. Unfortunately Chrome doesn't even use Flash natively to begin with.

So, just to recap, download and install UC Browser. Open a flash page, such as youtube, in desktop mode. It will ask to download a flash plugin. After installing it it should allow you to now use flash there but also at Firefox.

If this thread helped you, feel free to shoot me a thank you :)

Happy browsing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't get it- I'm on 4.4.2 and flash works fine on stock browser and always did. I didn't have to find a flash apk or anything.

Just like the other guy said that's not flash. You're looking at the mobile site which uses html5. Change the browser to Desktop mode, then go to www.youtube.com and see if you can get youtube to play, which will only work if you can get flash to work, which it won't.

I posted a work around so people can watch flash videos. I didn't have to do this, most people probably had never even heard of UC Browser til now. I did this to help, not to be a ****.

You did the exact opposite. These boards are supposed to be a way to help people, not to try to show someone else up. This is what you did, not me. I only got mad when you badmouthed me.