Music players crash entire phone with large sd card library?

Search This thread

BableMan

Stock unrooted tmobile -- 64gb Sandisk Ultra

I loaded around 50gb of music on my sd card but now my main music apps crash and more than once an hour cause the phone to reboot. Tried incrementally loading after a SD card reformat and everything went haywire around 30gb. This should be able to handle the whole library, right?

Stock
PlayerPro
WinAmp

Update
Now Wicked Rooted, great rom but didn't fix this issue

Last edited:

B3311

Feb 16, 2011
Gelderd End, 1974
Same card here, formatted to exFat, 49 GB of music, never had a problem. I use PlayerPro, and used the same card with PowerAmp on my Note 2.

A PITA I know, but tried a reformat?

Reactions: BableMan

BableMan

It's totally legit, checked it with another tool and also received it through a Sandisk promotional gig.

Same card here, formatted to exFat, 49 GB of music, never had a problem. I use PlayerPro, and used the same card with PowerAmp on my Note 2.

A PITA I know, but tried a reformat?

Each time I reformat it works like a charm until I hit around 30gb of music then the apps crash when scrolling through lists or shuffling the entire library. That's why I was worried it was a kink with the phone itself, managing long lists seems to be what sets it off...

paul_59

Feb 6, 2011
It's totally legit, checked it with another tool and also received it through a Sandisk promotional gig.

Each time I reformat it works like a charm until I hit around 30gb of music then the apps crash when scrolling through lists or shuffling the entire library. That's why I was worried it was a kink with the phone itself, managing long lists seems to be what sets it off...

Are you reformatting as exFAT ?

Also could be worth reading this

https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/sdxc_capabilities/using_sdxc

Also perhaps try reformatting with this app

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: BableMan

BableMan

paul_59

Feb 6, 2011
That fixed it! I'd tried multiple reformattings on a few systems but formatting with that did the trick. You sir are top notch people. :good:

Glad to have helped.
Plenty of xda members have helped me, it's good to put something back into our community

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts