USB 3.0 and MTP not working

Search This thread

thebigbadV

Jun 29, 2014
Hi guys just got a Note 3 running on version 4.3 currently and my PC won't connect to the phone as a media storage device, I've done my searches and tried everything I could. One of the main reasons I enjoyed using my previous Note 2 and Galaxy S4 phones is the ease in which I can transfer files back and forth through my PC so I really need to fix this.

-"Connected as media device" won't even display on the notification tab in the phone to give me the Media Device (MTP) option
-phone is charging
-using the usb 3.0 cord, tried both usb 3.0 ports on my Lenovo Y570, updated the Samsung drivers
-tried connecting it through Kies3 and it won't recognize it as a supported device, even after reinstalling the drivers through Kies
-yes, USB debugging was enabled in developer mode

I'm out of ideas, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• devicemanager.JPG
    devicemanager.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 118
  • deviceperformfast.jpg
    deviceperformfast.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 117

hhai2pth

Feb 20, 2014
HCMC
Hi guys just got a Note 3 running on version 4.3 currently and my PC won't connect to the phone as a media storage device, I've done my searches and tried everything I could. One of the main reasons I enjoyed using my previous Note 2 and Galaxy S4 phones is the ease in which I can transfer files back and forth through my PC so I really need to fix this.

-"Connected as media device" won't even display on the notification tab in the phone to give me the Media Device (MTP) option
-phone is charging
-using the usb 3.0 cord, tried both usb 3.0 ports on my Lenovo Y570, updated the Samsung drivers
-tried connecting it through Kies3 and it won't recognize it as a supported device, even after reinstalling the drivers through Kies

Try factory reset. reflash KK version could solved your problem

Reactions: 3azmeo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-phone is charging

Try factory reset. reflash KK version could solved your problem
    Wow worked instantly, I feel kind of dumb for not trying to factory reset it. Thanks!

Yeah. Click THANKS button instead of say "thanks"
    Yeah. Click THANKS button instead of say "thanks"

You really shouldn't beg for Thanks. It's against forum regulations.