[Q] Moving apps and data from one device to another

Search This thread

Brian D

Feb 18, 2014
Oceanside, Ca
I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. I plan on changing my iPhone 3gs to an Android phone. Possibly a Moto G or something like that.

I would like to move all my apps and data from the SGT3 to the new device. Is that possible? The SGT3 has TWRP and I back it up before doing anything. Can I take that backup and load it on the new device (data and apps only)? Is this even possible?

Thanks

Paget96

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 29, 2013
Krusevac
I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. I plan on changing my iPhone 3gs to an Android phone. Possibly a Moto G or something like that.

I would like to move all my apps and data from the SGT3 to the new device. Is that possible? The SGT3 has TWRP and I back it up before doing anything. Can I take that backup and load it on the new device (data and apps only)? Is this even possible?

Thanks

do a backup on SGT and then insert thatmem card,to that phone or any other ways. and then restore to it :)

Brian D

Feb 18, 2014
Oceanside, Ca
Thanks. The only problem is the phones I am looking at do not have external memory slots. But I was sure there wouldn't be too much of an issue as long as I keep it to the data and apps and nothing else.

Brian D

Feb 18, 2014
Oceanside, Ca
Yeah, that would be the plan. But the issue was not how to get the files on the device, but whether there would be a compatibility issue. I am sure there won't be because even though there are different processors, it is the same OS. Just a different version so there might be some minor issues.

OK, thanks guys.