T-Mobile LG G3 vs. T-Mobile HTC One M8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

joshla102

Jul 26, 2012
Hey guys i'm having trouble deciding between the G3 and the M8. I'm looking to get a new phone but i really can't decide between the two! I have heard good and bad things about the G3's display (too dim and extremely sharp effect). I would like to know what you guys think about the two phones and why you might think one phone is better than the other.

Thanks!

IXChicharitoXI

Aug 3, 2012
I have absolutely no issue with the phone being too dim. I use auto in and outdoors with no problem.

The text has a sharp effect on grey pages I think. You can notice it but it's not as bad as some people make it seem.

I didn't consider the M8 at all. My debate was between the S5 and G3. The m8 looks nice but aluminum scratches fairly easy, it's quick heavy(I wouldn't want that in my gym shorts), average at best camera. I just wasn't feeling the M8. Its big plus are gesture feats, speakers, and battery life from what I've heard.

I love my G3. No phone can compare to its aesthetics, fantastic camera, double tap to wake and lock works flawlessly, the keyboard is actually really good, the display, the battery easily gets me through a day, I love the animations, lots of customization options out of the box.

joshla102

Jul 26, 2012
I have absolutely no issue with the phone being too dim. I use auto in and outdoors with no problem.

The text has a sharp effect on grey pages I think. You can notice it but it's not as bad as some people make it seem.

I didn't consider the M8 at all. My debate was between the S5 and G3. The m8 looks nice but aluminum scratches fairly easy, it's quick heavy(I wouldn't want that in my gym shorts), average at best camera. I just wasn't feeling the M8. Its big plus are gesture feats, speakers, and battery life from what I've heard.

I love my G3. No phone can compare to its aesthetics, fantastic camera, double tap to wake and lock works flawlessly, the keyboard is actually really good, the display, the battery easily gets me through a day, I love the animations, lots of customization options out of the box.

Thank you so much for your response!
Have you had any overheating issues? what do you usually leave the brightness out? Around how much screen on time do you get?

IXChicharitoXI

Aug 3, 2012
Have you had any overheating issues? what do you usually leave the brightness out? Around how much screen on time do you get?
The phone does get warm after extensive use....just like ANY other phone would. I had your concerns too cause some xda members make it seem like the phone becomes boiling lava after a YouTube video but that's not the case.

I use auto brightness. Works great for me. My latest battery stats
9u5atusa.jpg
nypa7yge.jpg

Reactions: Ceasare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have both phones. So far I am liking the g3 a bit more, like having a notification light. The kinda feels like a bigger version of my nexus 5 with a micro sd and a removable battery. The m8 is nice but it has to a case on it or it is way to slippery.

all of your questions have been answered dozens of times here, and threads like this aren't allowed here anyways.

learn how to search, and your life will be much better
    The phone does get warm after extensive use....just like ANY other phone would. I had your concerns too cause some xda members make it seem like the phone becomes boiling lava after a YouTube video but that's not the case.

I use auto brightness. Works great for me. My latest battery stats
    9u5atusa.jpg
    nypa7yge.jpg