[APP][THEMED] Gmail 2.3.5.. Blacked Out!!

Search This thread

ecsnead69

Jul 11, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Ok, here is it.. just pushed last night and already inverted! The major part of this was done by B-boy, I just added the finishing touches and did a few smali edits..

Instructions for ROOTED users.....

uninstall updates for gmail
download the app
navigate to app
select and install.....enjoy

if this doesn't work, then you will need to use RE, rename gmail.apk in /system/app to gmail.apk.old and then REBOOT, if you do not reboot it won't work!!

Now return to the app, select it, and install... enjoy

Non-Rooted users, you can give this a try and see if it will work...

download app
navigate to app
select and install
You will know right away if it works.....

Always make a backup and enjoy Gmail 2.3.5.... Blacked Out

http://bit.ly/Gmail235BlackedOut

Rooted users... if you have issues installing, let me know and I will post some update.zips... but this should work for ALL devices...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hatman41

Jun 4, 2010
Hermitage
Very nice...I wish I could do this..I would like all the text to be ff0017ce but I do not know all the locations of were the texts are..I changed what I could in colors.xml but that did not do it.

Last edited:

B-boy™

Nov 10, 2010
AZ
Very nice...I wish I could do this..I would like all the text to be ff0017ce but I do not know all the locations of were the texts are..I changed what I could in colors.xml but that did not do it.

Unread/read text is smali.. the inner messages that we inverted is in the raw files..... look for an update with a slightly lighter "read" background....

Sent from my Droid using XDA App

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
Thanks, can you place some screenshots please

Ok, here is it.. just pushed last night and already inverted! The major part of this was done by B-boy, I just added the finishing touches and did a few smali edits..

download the app
navigate to app

if this doesn't work, then you will need to use RE, rename gmail.apk in /system/app to gmail.apk.old and then REBOOT, if you do not reboot it won't work!!

download app
navigate to app
select and install

Rooted users... if you have issues installing, let me know and I will post some update.zips... but this should work for ALL devices...

Hatman41

Jun 4, 2010
Hermitage
Unread/read text is smali.. the inner messages that we inverted is in the raw files..... look for an update with a slightly lighter "read" background....

If I wanted to change the read/unread could you point me to the correct file and line? Also what is the smali color code for the grey that you use? Also the html color code for the grey. I could probably find out where in the files they are located if I knew the color code. I have a black/blue theme and am wanting to redo my Gmail to match it. I have almost completed theming the entire gmail. I am just missing the smali edits. Any help would be appreciated and all credit would be given.

Last edited:

B-boy™

Nov 10, 2010
AZ
If I wanted to change the read/unread could you point me to the correct file and line? Also what is the smali color code for the grey that you use? Also the html color code for the grey. I could probably find out where in the files they are located if I knew the color code. I have a black/blue theme and am wanting to redo my Gmail to match it. I have almost completed theming the entire gmail. I am just missing the smali edits. Any help would be appreciated and all credit would be given.
Ecsnead would have to guide ya on the smali stuff.... the gray text we use within the messages is in raw-hdpi and raw-mdpi... the -v9 ones or whatever can be deleted... open those with note++ and the top section has background and text color... make the bg 000 and the text color 666 .... if I knew what smali files were used I'd hook ya up but ec did those on Gmail....

Hatman41

Jun 4, 2010
Hermitage
Ecsnead would have to guide ya on the smali stuff.... the gray text we use within the messages is in raw-hdpi and raw-mdpi... the -v9 ones or whatever can be deleted... open those with note++ and the top section has background and text color... make the bg 000 and the text color 666 .... if I knew what smali files were used I'd hook ya up but ec did those on Gmail....

Thanks much. I made the changes to the styles in the two raw directories and now my text color is the blue of my theme. ecsnead69 is helping me with the smali edits. After I am done I will post screen shots.

B-boy™

Nov 10, 2010
AZ
Ok mine is done. Thanks alot B-boy and ecsead60

No prob... glad ya got it... and if ya still haves purple text in the inner messages, in those raw files at the bottom part is 2 lines that say purple... change them to blue... fixes the purple color....

ecsnead69

Jul 11, 2010
Google Pixel 6
If it won't install, then go into /system/app and delete the Gmail.apk in there and reinstall.. You will need to reboot after deleting the file though, or the install will fail

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

download the app
    navigate to app

download app
    navigate to app
    select and install

Great, do this.... delete ALL gmail apps, system and/or data.. once they are gone.. install mine... it will install to data, if it still fcs, use RE to move it to /system/app and set permissions... then reboot, you must reboot... it should work fine then..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App
    great job m8 ;) working fine for me.I'm on rooted NS 9020 with MIUI RoM.I prefer black apps to save batt ;)
    The installation didn't work for me.I had to remove original Gmail.apk from /system/app and rename yours to Gmail.apk and push into /system/app with permissions ;) after restart,tadaa black Gmail ;)
    so maybe u can post this procedure in your #1 post for guys who having trouble to install.
    Great job m8,appreciate
    Thanks
    :cool:
    in RE at right top corner u can see a button Mount R/W or Mount R/O
    If u like to edit/copy/move or remove sys files u need to turn Mount R/O.
    same apply for changing permissions Mount R/O

Your permissions have to look like this -
    52848bbb-8a7c-a1aa.jpg

And when u do any changes include permissions u need to restart your phone to apply ;)
    :cool:

:confused: Hey guys, how exactly do you push using RE? Every time i try to move the file to system/app it says it cannot because it is a read only file? Everytime i mess with permissions, it goes back to default. Sorry for the lame question. Thanks guys
    i believe i have the answer:

http://www.mediafire.com/?f9wr0zjsfwrwmt8

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

shoulda checked, I got a could not install error. Let me know if anyone else has success