Super Easy Way to upgrade to ICS Now without Rooting

Search This thread

digitalblue

Aug 18, 2011
Rotherham
Change your CSC Code to German and upgrade via KIES; this will also factory reset your phone.
so on phone :
*#272*IMEI# then change the CSC to DBT.
Phone will reset.
Change language to English (bottom right icon)
follow prompts to setup
Connect to KIES and the phone will update to ICS.
When your finished, you change the CSC code back to whatever you had before

Last edited:

fabu09

Jan 11, 2012
Omg does this really work? Anyone tested it, left my note at a friend's place, if this works I will bang on his door and get my phone back to do it, some one please test it and report.

CreepyDroid

Apr 19, 2012
Having a german csc isn't enough, you need to be on a dbt GB firmware too.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

digitalblue

Aug 18, 2011
Rotherham
OK I can confirm the update has worked perfectly. I was previously on a UK GB 2.3.6 ROM which had a multi-CSC (just look on forums for one), now have 4.0.3 ROM.

fabu09

Jan 11, 2012
OK I can confirm the update has worked perfectly. I was previously on a UK GB 2.3.6 ROM which had a multi-CSC (just look on forums for one), now have 4.0.3 ROM.

Wow thanks for testing it out, looks like my friend is gonna get a rude awakening in a couple minutes, thanks once again for testing, hope everyone enjoys the forever waited ICS on their notes, hopefully the stock ics keyboard isn't puke like gb's stock keyboard.

Ps. Is there a root out for the ICS already?

digitalblue

Aug 18, 2011
Rotherham
lev ogishar

do *#06# to get your IMEI. Make a note of it.

then do *#272*IMEI#

this where you can select a different CSC, but only if your current ROM supports multiple CSC's. There will be a list of them if it does. Watch though, any changes you make here will factory reset your phone as the new Country.

dannycanrock

Apr 18, 2012
Heaven

then do *#272*IMEI#

this where you can select a different CSC, but only if your current ROM supports multiple CSC's. There will be a list of them if it does. Watch though, any changes you make here will factory reset your phone as the new Country.
thats good to know but how will i know that i have a multiple csc's then i just went to the csc i couldn't find dtb am on mid middel east

palace35mm

Jul 12, 2010
Hyderabad

then do *#272*IMEI#

Hi I tried this method and I do not have CSC DBT
I have loads of them in there but not the DBT one.

Reactions: wmz505

weethomas

Aug 23, 2010
Change your CSC Code to German and upgrade via KIES; so on phone :
*#272*IMEI# then change the CSC to DBT.
Phone will reset.
Change language to English (bottom right icon)
follow prompts to setup
Connect to KIES and the phone will update to ICS.
When your finished, you change the CSC code back to whatever you had before

someone needs to modify the first post to let ppl know it will auto wipe your phone immediately.

jimsey

Oct 14, 2007
Lancashire
By wipe your phone, do you mean all internal storage or just factory reset the phone, leaving sd untouched?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Hobbes2099

Nov 12, 2010
Mexico City
Guys be extra carefull I have just wiped up my neatly set up phone for nothing.

Yep, just nuked my Note to blank slate. plus, no CBT available.
Can someone point in the right direction of how to load a firmware that does include the CBT CSC?
My CSC was TTT, anyone know what that means?

If not available, how can I make a mixed firmware CSC with both TTT (my original CSC) + CBT (German based CSC needed for Keis upgrade)?

thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Found this link with Country CSC's.

chinmay007

Oct 24, 2007
New Delhi
No DBT in the list

I am using Note in india. With this method my note does not show option for DBT, though it gives me following codes:
TML , SLK, NPL, MDV, INU, INS, ETR.
Any catch ?

marc.tulley

Jul 16, 2010
London
I only get XEU show up in a single box... does that mean no changing for me? :-(

they are mostly obvious but I don't know what XEU is...
BTC (btcellnet?), CPW (Carphone warehouse) , H3G (3), O2I (02), O2U(02), ORA(Orange), OXA*, TMU(tmobile), TSC (tesco), VIR (virgin), VOD(vodafone), XEU

Top Liked Posts