[TUTORIAL FOR N00BS] Install drivers on windows (fastboot and adb)

Search This thread

C4SCA

May 2, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
OnePlus One
Little tutorial to help everyone out ;)

download: https://dl-ssl.google.com//android/repository/latest_usb_driver_windows.zip

Some pictures, step by sptep to help!
PUT YOUR PHONE ON FASTBOOT MODE AND PLUG IT TO YOUR PC! (truned off, press vol+ and power button)

READ THIS:

- at step 5 you have to browse your files and select the "usb_drivers" folder that you just downloaded then choose "Let me pick...".

- at step 6 it appear "asus android device" in my case but DONT care about that. Select "all devices". The next step is the important part.

- at step 7 click on have disk and browse to your usb_drivers folder and select "android_winusb.inf"

After this you can use commands to root, flash new recoveries, and go back to completly stock using bootloader mode on your device.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 23,946
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 26,152
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 24,653
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 23,062
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 22,044
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 20,869
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 19,551
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 18,132
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 17,543
Last edited:

hp420

Jul 31, 2011
Gainesville, Fl
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile LG G2
or you could just boot your device into download mode and plug it in....no downloading from any SHADY file hosts that force you to use their downloader, and no confusing instructions....boot to download mode, plug your phone in, then wait.

kwibis

Jun 11, 2009
Delft
Sorry, didn't mean to be a hater lol. But there is that faq with all the stuff you need to know to start up.

Sent from my Nexus S

Reactions: C4SCA

eddyed911

Oct 5, 2012
Hi I am getting trouble moving beyond step 5 this is what i get :

Windows 8 is not able to install Android 1.0 as it was not able to find the drivers. I also included the subfolders but its still giving me the same error.

Any suggestions to go around this?

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 862

C4SCA

May 2, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
OnePlus One
After chosing the folder did u downloaded the all zip file? Did u unzip it after?

sent from my Nyan NeXus S

"You're either NEXUS or against us!"

EDIT

just click let me pick instead of next

Last edited:

radinfinitum

Feb 4, 2013
After chosing the folder did u downloaded the all zip file? Did u unzip it after?

sent from my Nyan NeXus S

"You're either NEXUS or against us!"

EDIT

just click let me pick instead of next

Hello, I have the same problem as eddyed911, I get the same message when trying to install the drivers by following your procedure: "Windows could not find the driver software for your device."

To answer your question for him, I did unzip the file. Any ideas?

C4SCA

May 2, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
OnePlus One
Hello, I have the same problem as eddyed911, I get the same message when trying to install the drivers by following your procedure: "Windows could not find the driver software for your device."

To answer your question for him, I did unzip the file. Any ideas?

Choose let me pick and select the drivers folder

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Machavity

Feb 25, 2011
I don't know if this is because it was already installed or what (I've had to work with several other Android phones for a project I'm involved with) but I couldn't get the zip to install either (are they Win8 drivers C4SCA? Didn't work on Win7 64bit). What I did do was select the device driver manually. Once in the driver list select Android Phone and then Android Bootloader Interface. In my case it listed Acer and Google so be sure to select Google if you have any options. Worked fine after that.

Reactions: C4SCA

hero75

Account currently disabled
Dec 27, 2016
Sweden
redmi note hmw 1 bootloader unlock tool required

hi all can any one help me in unlocking boot loader redmi note HM W1 fastboot symbol not comming

Top Liked Posts