Freeware - MemoMe a voice memo to your mail box

Search This thread

ZeevG

Apr 27, 2007
www.arkom.co.il
hi all,

====================================================================================
a new version is now available for android - go to google play
====================================================================================

after a long time where i had so many tips and software solutions from this community it is about time a put something back to it.
i have been looking for an application to allow me record a voice memo and send it to myself as a reminder with a voice clip attached.
found a commercial program that did not do it as i wanted so had decided to do it myself.
MemoMe is a light application that enables you to record your memo when you just got an idea or remembered something you do not want to forget, like when you drive or just do your shopping... it goes to your mail or your secretary mail etc. easy to use and configure. it supports all WM devices and all screens.
MemoMe uses any one of your existing email account so no data is passed on and your personal info is untouched, this is mainly for security reasons so no
one can use your smtp info or expose your user is & password.

as said it is offered as a freeware to all as a tribute to this wonderful comunity.

as per donations etc - is you feel like donating, please think of someone who really needs it like poor children etc or donate to charity.
a nice thank you is much more than i need.

http://download.arkom.co.il/freeware/MemoMe_Freeware.CAB

have fun...

OK, the first official release is now available for download.

change log from the pre - release:

- UI was completely changed.
- many internal engine changes
- sound effects were added
- the send engine was totaly changed and due to security reasons there is no direct SMTP support at all. the only mechanism supported is sending the Memo using the internal outlook engine. any existing account can be used and the configurator shows all available options. in the older version there was a need to provide your SMTP server, username and password - not very good for security... :)
this way no sensitive data is stored to be a potential risk.
if i will find a way to use a public service or any other option were no info will be stored i will consider.

setup & update procedure:
just download one of the setup packages either EXE or CAB and install it
if you have installed any older version i recommend you uninstall it and delete the folder to make sure nothing is left behind
run the config utility and just follow the few selections and save.
very easy to use and nothing to write a manual for :)
now you can use the MemoMe app and enjoy !

for any questions or requests or ... just let me know

may you all have a great weekend

=============== 16/09/2009 ================ Version update ==========================

there is an update available for download at the same links above

ChangeLog:

- AutoPilot: it is now possible to set the app to load in auto pilot mode where it does not show all 4 buttons etc. the app loads directly in recording mode where there is one big stop recording button on screen. tapping the stop recording button will automatically send the memo and exit.
naturaly the standard mode is also available - look at the configurator screen...

- SoundCompress: there is an option to dramatically compress the memo file sise (for internet air time saving) a typical 300 KB file will be ~20KB (!!), of course voice quality will be a slightly lower... but realy not too much

- Splash screen time is neerly nothing now on the AutoPilot mode...

- Configurator is automatically loaded if first run or no INI. no need to exit and run configurator...

- internal engine modifications...

- no change in pricing model - this is still the same - free :)
in spite of huge interest from mobile operators to use it as an embedded application to increase data the application will stay freeware.

will be glad to have your comments (and wish lists)

===================================== 19/12/2009 ================================
a new version is now available for download - 1.5.0

- a major UI change was done and major internal engine
- the audio quality is well kept but can now bw compressed
- you can now select a differentrecording time by just entering your rec time value in seconds
- any device - any OS version - any screen resolution

this is the last and final freeware version as the application will now go to its commercial phase with many more features.
for most of us this basic version is exactly what we need...

=======================Version update to 1.5.1 =============== January 20 2010 ======================
a new version is available from the link above

- time recording bug - fixed
- compression bug fixed
- added indicators for compression mode and time recording / time left

====================== version update to 1.6.0 ================== Jan 23 2010 =======================
new version, answering to most requests :)

change log:

1. audio engine completly renewed - now normal audio will go as WAV and compressed as OGG
2. in AutoPilot you can pause and resume as much as you like. don't forget to set the option in config...
3. the app can now hide for faster reload - set in config...
4. you can set the subject - allow in config...
5. minor internal fixes

note: if you use soundFX you will get a beep in audio file every time you pause so you can know where you paused :)
if it is not wanted stop soundfx in config

enjoy...

enjoy !

Last edited:

zjxpot

Mar 4, 2009
Mayaro
OnePlus 6T
Help me with Setup

Hi, I am having problems sending to my mailbox I am not sure of the smtp address, could you help with the setup if its not too much trouble, I am using windows live mail:confused:........................Thanks for the neat apps:)

ZeevG

Apr 27, 2007
www.arkom.co.il
currently the application supports 2 options of sending your Memo:

1 - using your SMTP information where you will have to enter your SMTP server, User & Password and to mark the Authentication if your server requires (most do).

2 - using your AS pocket outlook. if your device is configured to sync your email using pocket outlook (means your outlook can send / receive email) and the default account name is ActiveSync, that option will send the meno using this account. so when you next manually Send/Recv or it performs an automatic Send/Recv according the time intervals you specified.

the nextversion will ofer a different mechanism - either you use your outlook and by this BTW you dont even have to know or provide your SMTP info or the application will directly send using a special set SMTP account I will provide it internally.

i hope by this weekend i will have sometime so i will update the application, in the download server there is a "fresh" version - with fresh user interface that is the final UI from now i will update the functionality only -

- it will allow taking a photo, add a memo to it and send
- it will allow sending to third party as well

and the "wish list" is getting longer and longer as other guys are also sending feedbacks with ideas... :)

one thing will remain - as much it will be further developped i will keep it free, that's my obligation to this great community that provided me with so many free applications so far

zjxpot

Mar 4, 2009
Mayaro
OnePlus 6T
Thanks for the update..I didn't notice any changes in the UI, I got the same UI as the previous ver... there were some changes in the configuration.. didn't see any option to take a photo either maybe I downloaded the wrong file?????

ZeevG

Apr 27, 2007
www.arkom.co.il
oh, i see.
you probably downloaded the temporary version.
the previous version had a simple blue backgroung and the white one with rounded buttons was just added, but that is not your problem :)
the version available now is the latest one (last night) and is final (before the next one :))
as i said the next version will have the camera option and more, it was important to get to a final look and functionality before going to futuristic features.
trus me that the next version will not take years ( it is under design right now but i have my real day job to attend first, this is only a hobby)
keep on and buzz me if you need anything

ZeevG

Apr 27, 2007
www.arkom.co.il
good, i'm happy.
enjoy it and please send feedbacks on your experience
comeback to see if there is a newer version
send your friends too...
BTW - what device you use ?

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
very impressed....

tested ..MemoMe ..on my blackstone with standard rom ,working very ..very smooth for me ..!
for me, it is very handy, for reasons, you also set out and more ( if you just want to be a bit lazy, in typing short email ,this is it ! )
thank you

ZeevG

Apr 27, 2007
www.arkom.co.il
thanks Willcor, really pleased to hear that.
it did not come out of being lazy :) it came out of a real need - say you are driving or just walking, you just remembered something or were told something you do not want to forget... i operate it over a voice command so when i drive i just call the app by its name - record and send...
next will come as said a photo attachment so you will be able to take a pic add comment and send.
next will come third party reciever...
and i hope to add a voice recognition to so you can dictate...
have fun

ndhanukaus

Mar 19, 2009
Mr.Naresh

Dear ZeevG,
NoteMe Working nice.
One query , if i record the note and exit without sending, will the note save anywere or it deleted automaticly ? and if not deleted can i listen and send it in next time login.
Please reply.
Regds
Naresh ( India )

hi all,
after a long time where i had so many tips and software solutions from this community it is about time a put something back to it.
i have been looking for an application to allow me record a voice memo and send it to myself as a reminder with a voice clip attached.
found a commercial program that did not do it as i wanted so had decided to do it myself.
MemoMe is a light application that enables you to record your memo when you just got an idea or remembered something you do not want to forget, like when you drive or just do your shopping... it goes to your mail or your secretary mail etc. easy to use and configure. it supports all WM devices and all screens.
you can use your SMTP direct sens or use your mobile outlook to send it for you (mainly for security reasons nor to expose smtp user and password if you are concerned). as said it is offered as a freeware to all as a tribute to this wonderful comunity.
as per donations etc - is you feel like donating, please think of someone who really needs it like poor children etc or donate to charity.
a nice thank you is much more than i need.
there is a CAB download link and EXE link for those who prefare.

http://cc4biz.com/Downloads/MemoMe_Setup.exe

http://cc4biz.com/Downloads/MemoMe.CAB

have fun...

OK, the first official release is now available for download.

change log from the pre - release:

- UI was completely changed.
- many internal engine changes
- sound effects were added
- the send engine was totaly changed and due to security reasons there is no direct SMTP support at all. the only mechanism supported is sending the Memo using the internal outlook engine. any existing account can be used and the configurator shows all available options. in the older version there was a need to provide your SMTP server, username and password - not very good for security... :)
this way no sensitive data is stored to be a potential risk.
if i will find a way to use a public service or any other option were no info will be stored i will consider.

setup & update procedure:
just download one of the setup packages either EXE or CAB and install it
if you have installed any older version i recommend you uninstall it and delete the folder to make sure nothing is left behind
run the config utility and just follow the few selections and save.
very easy to use and nothing to write a manual for :)
now you can use the MemoMe app and enjoy !

for any questions or requests or ... just let me know

may you all have a great weekend

ZeevG

Apr 27, 2007
www.arkom.co.il
of course - if you record and not send or the sending failed the memo is still stored in memory - usually the file is in the program folder so easy to find.
next time you run the app you can listen to the record and send
if you try to record when there is an unsent memo you will get a worning and then can choose to overwrite or go back... :)

mummuapsu

Jan 31, 2008
Lisbon
just two simple questions:
1) does it sync with outlook?
2) can the voice memos be attached as tasks?

thanks a lot for your fine work!

ZeevG

Apr 27, 2007
www.arkom.co.il
two simple answers:

1) if you meant pocket outlook - the answer is yes - it uses outlook to post your email to yourself. if you meant pc outlook - no need to as your pocket outlook should sync to your desktop. MemoMe then sync to pocket :)

2)no. the voice memo goes as an attached file via email to your inbox, that's what it says in first place.

Malx

Oct 15, 2009
Nice software.
But :(
When Sound Effects are off it still plays some sound when it starts, buttons pressed etc.

If you wait until max recording time in pilot mode it hangs. It draws blue line till screen end. You press hand button. Button become a clock. It again draws blue line till screen and hangs.

Malx

Oct 15, 2009
That is great - I'll wait for new version :)
Could you implement pause button? So one could start recording, press pause and then continue recording to the same file?