Convert MP3 to M4A Format

Search This thread

hypertx

Oct 22, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Hello Moto G people, for some users who are using MP3 files i suggest to convert your MP3 files to M4A format to save storage space. Our Moto G does not support external SD card, so therefore we should find way to maximize our phone's memory.

I used "winamp" player to convert all my MP3 files to M4A and i saved more than half storage used for my Audio files.

I play my music using PowerAmp app and with some some EQ fine tuning, everything sounds great!

Cheers! :eek:

UnknownAX

Nov 15, 2011
I use .flac with an average filesize of ~30mb...which means that I can fit 430 tracks on my phone. But after the latest OTA I've simply been using a usb drive for storage. :)

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

hypertx

Oct 22, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Converting MP3 to FLAC increases file size. Normal MP3 is about 9MB, converting to FLAC will become 23MB+, where as converting it to M4A file size will become 4.5MB.

Last edited:

hypertx

Oct 22, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Converting mp3 (lossy format) to m4a (another lossy format) is the worst thing you can do to your music.

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app

Yes but it depends. I don't have any problem with my mp3 sound quality converted to m4a. It just how the way you encode and how you fine tune your Music Player's audio settings. If moto g only supports Ext. SD card then no need to compress any files.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Moto G people, for some users who are using MP3 files i suggest to convert your MP3 files to M4A format to save storage space. Our Moto G does not support external SD card, so therefore we should find way to maximize our phone's memory.

I used "winamp" player to convert all my MP3 files to M4A and i saved more than half storage used for my Audio files.

I play my music using PowerAmp app and with some some EQ fine tuning, everything sounds great!

Cheers! :eek:
    Converting mp3 (lossy format) to m4a (another lossy format) is the worst thing you can do to your music.

+1

xTx