[Q] Not able to boot into recovery after 4.3 update from NUTs

Search This thread

gemini_kj

Apr 18, 2013
Hello Experts,

I had rooted 4.2.1 with XZdual recovery from NUTs after updating to his latest 4.3 update, I am not able to boot into recovery, the phone got updated with 4.3 and working fine, It is just that I am able to see all 3 recoveries in NDRUtils, but not able to boot in any of the recoveries.

Please help.

Thanks,
K

Ben Ling

Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hello Experts,

I had rooted 4.2.1 with XZdual recovery from NUTs after updating to his latest 4.3 update, I am not able to boot into recovery, the phone got updated with 4.3 and working fine, It is just that I am able to see all 3 recoveries in NDRUtils, but not able to boot in any of the recoveries.

Please help.

Thanks,
K

which update did you flashed ?

Ben Ling

Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I tried that couple of times, but still not able to enter recovery

Also one thing I noticed, when I check thru app for root access, it says I have root access, but when I try to delete file in /system/bin, it says operation failed.

just download the ES File Explorer,and change the r/o to r/w at system folder,see it works or not

gemini_kj

Apr 18, 2013
Use app called xzrecovery that u can boot to recovery form the app only
Hope that helped

Hi thanks if helped:D

I was using xzrecovery only, as I have flashed NUTs 4.3 it included xzrecovery, but it is not working & hence this question thread, as I could not post on the dev thread.

It looks to me an issue with the recovery.

Happy to try out anything if you suggest.

Thanks again for your reply.

--
K

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Did you install busybox? If you did and you used a busybox installer from the Play store, it probably broke the recovery, as most of them do not install a tool that's essential for the operation of the dual recovery.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

gemini_kj

Apr 18, 2013
Did you install busybox? If you did and you used a busybox installer from the Play store, it probably broke the recovery, as most of them do not install a tool that's essential for the operation of the dual recovery.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks Kingvortex for your reply... No I did not install from play store, I am using the same busybox as included in the xzrecovery installer.

Thanks to NUTs he found the issue, he feels the xzdr.prop file is not read properly by the problem, after deleting that file, now I am able to boot into recovery.

Thanks again.

--
K

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
I was using xzrecovery only, as I have flashed NUTs 4.3 it included xzrecovery, but it is not working & hence this question thread, as I could not post on the dev thread.

It looks to me an issue with the recovery.

Happy to try out anything if you suggest.

Thanks again for your reply.

--
K

Use the same app to remove the recovery and install it the same app:D (this app have TWRP recovery not CWM)
Hope that helped you