Need help simple questions

Search This thread

humonculi

May 5, 2014
Consider me a complete noob on this matter.
Now I'm trying to get lte on my m919v and I've been ready that flashing the modem to the m919 (t-mobile) would be enough to solve my problem. But I have a couple où questions I can't find the answers to
1- do i need to be rooted to flash a modem
2-will I get a Knox message if I do
3-If it's only a simple modem problem, where can I find the m919 modem

The Sickness

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2012
Somewhere in Texas
Now I'm trying to get lte on my m919v and I've been ready that flashing the modem to the m919 (t-mobile) would be enough to solve my problem. But I have a couple où questions I can't find the answers to

1. Yes, you must be rooted.
2. If your device has Knox bootloader, yes it will trip the counter.
3. Still going to root?

Haters Make Me Famous
Deviant Development Team Member

Reactions: humonculi

humonculi

May 5, 2014
flashing radio m919v

You can't

Haters Make Me Famous

So i managed to root without having any messages aka knox.

Ive been reading that it's possible to flash radio for the tmobile one but couldn't find any info on the how to of even if it's possible on the M919VVLUFNB5 to flash to the M919UVUFNB4

The Sickness

Oct 27, 2012
Somewhere in Texas

Ive been reading that it's possible to flash radio for the tmobile one but couldn't find any info on the how to of even if it's possible on the M919VVLUFNB5 to flash to the M919UVUFNB4

Your not going to receive a message from Knox.....but now your counter is tripped. 0x1

Reactions: humonculi

humonculi

May 5, 2014
so ive been ready for days now and i'm simply trying to get lte o my phone. It seems that there's some way i can get it by simply installing a rom but all i want to change is the baseband or aka radio but is it possible to simply install the t-mobile B4 since my m919v is just a variant and the hardware is the same

The Sickness

Oct 27, 2012
Somewhere in Texas
BTW TheSickness, triangle away now has KitKat support!! It still won't clear the knox flag but the binary counter will be reset.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

I know, I bought the app. lol

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

so ive been ready for days now and i'm simply trying to get lte o my phone. It seems that there's some way i can get it by simply installing a rom but all i want to change is the baseband or aka radio but is it possible to simply install the t-mobile B4 since my m919v is just a variant and the hardware is the same

I cant tell you for sure if you can Odin the NB4 modem.....I would do some research before you do anything.

humonculi

May 5, 2014
Your not going to receive a message from Knox.....but now your counter is tripped. 0x1

so ive been reading for days now and i'm simply trying to get lte on my phone. It seems that there's some way i can get it by simply installing a rom but all i want to change is the baseband or aka radio but is it possible to simply install the t-mobile B4 since my m919v is just a variant and the hardware is the same

humonculi

May 5, 2014

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

I cant tell you for sure if you can Odin the NB4 modem.....I would do some research before you do anything.

Well i've tryed to find more info on the subject and nothing seems to be informative on this subject.
Guess us canadians don't buy enought galaxies everyone is and is sold to iphone they think jailbreaking is bad so imagine having to root a phone and play with this you're not suppose to touch because the little book that came with it said so

mrzhadow

Mar 18, 2010
Marysville WA

I read something somewhere about this. Someone flashed a AOSP ROM and got LTE speeds. It didn't mention TW though. Apparently they tried flashing the MDL bootloader but it didn't work. Have you tried just changing your APN to LTE?

humonculi

May 5, 2014
Yes I've tried to but for some reason I'm not able to get lte I just get no signal my friend tried on 4.2.2 and was able to force LTE but when I tried on kitkat nothing

Sent from my SGH-M919V using XDA Free mobile app

mrzhadow

Mar 18, 2010
Marysville WA
Yes I've tried to but for some reason I'm not able to get lte I just get no signal my friend tried on 4.2.2 and was able to force LTE but when I tried on kitkat nothing

KK is much to different from JB. I definitely wouldn't attempt flashing modems without knowing if it will brick your device.

humonculi

May 5, 2014
Well yeah haha that why I'm trying to research as much as I can it seem that you can flash the t-mobile modem on the m919v

Android_Monsters

Feb 2, 2012
Los Angeles
If you decide to flash nb4 this is how I would do it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2678774

Is there a Canadian version of nb4?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

Here's a thread on topic: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448595

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

What cell service are you using?

Is Nb5 Canadian nb4?

Looks like mk5 is also a modem for your phone: http://personalwab.blogspot.com/2014/03/how-to-update-galaxy-s4-canadian-sgh.html?m=1

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

Instead of American mk2.

Reactions: Karakoram2

humonculi

May 5, 2014
tried

If you decide to flash nb4 this is how I would do it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2678774

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

Is Nb5 Canadian nb4?

Looks like mk5 is also a modem for your phone: http://personalwab.blogspot.com/2014/03/how-to-update-galaxy-s4-canadian-sgh.html?m=1

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

Instead of American mk2.

I've tried this method and it doesn't seem to work in ODIN im not sure people say that the i337 is the other canadian verson then again i dont know if its THE canadian version of the m919

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BTW TheSickness, triangle away now has KitKat support!! It still won't clear the knox flag but the binary counter will be reset.

1. Yes, you must be rooted.
    2. If your device has Knox bootloader, yes it will trip the counter.
    3. Still going to root?

Haters Make Me Famous
    Awesome next questions how can I root without tripping Knox

You can't

Haters Make Me Famous

Is Nb5 Canadian nb4?

Instead of American mk2.