Adreno 200 drivers available from Qualcomm!

Search This thread

aleonty

Aug 5, 2011
The qualcomm forum admin just commented in the appropriate thread:

https://developer.qualcomm.com/foru...-optimization-adreno/8081?page=3#comment-6691

Re: QSD 8250, Adreno 200 hardware-related proprietary ...
In order to provide enthusiasts with recent improvements made to Snapdragon's Adreno graphics drivers, Qualcomm has made the updated Adreno 2xx graphics driver binaries available here. Note that you will most likely need to be a developer to take advantage of these new drivers since they'll require integration with the CAF release of ICS, but Qualcomm is providing these driver binaries "as is" to those of you who have requested them.

Forum Master
16 Mar 2012, 09:49 am

Hey, ICS4Desire developers, is that enough?

howdid

May 22, 2010
Vienna
DAFUQ? Intresting ... statement from the ICS devs would be great

Last edited:

matts95

Jan 14, 2012
Eastbourne
Direct link :)

For conviniance here is a direct link:
developer.qualcomm.com said:
Adreno 2xx User-mode Android ICS Graphics Driver (1.5 mb)
Updated 13 Mar 12

This release contains the user-mode driver binaries for Qualcomm's Adreno 2xx GPU on Google Android Ice Cream Sandwich. It has been tested with the CAF release M8960AAAAANLYA1030. Supports any Adreno 2xx GPU on Android ICS.

Reactions: danw1million

orgler

Oct 2, 2007
Just gave it a try with latest dk_zero_cool-rom. Took the files from the package and pushed them to the appropriate places. System came up, but running chrome seems more buggy than with the old version. There seem to be lots of locking and out-of-memory exceptions. will give tiamats latest kernel a try now...

Update: no luck with Tiamat_Bravo-v031412 as well. I've attached a logcat if anyone is interested in looking at this

Attachments

• log_bravo.txt
    200.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Reactions: R.ik

thantos2024

Apr 5, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I suspect that just pushing the files directly might be buggy, people will probably find that with roms will need to be recompiled against these binaries to get the most out of them. Could well be wrong mind you but certainly think wuld be the most logical step

Reactions: Zappp

orgler

Oct 2, 2007
I'm not sure if a simple recompile will help. These are all dynamic modules, as far as I understand this it shouldn't make much difference. especially since the package doesn't contain any headers but just the libs and some firmware.

boscovich

Apr 5, 2011
I wouldn't bet one euro on that! Legendary Qualcomm

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

Sally Mack

May 19, 2010
While this is better than nothing, let's first give the talented devs at XDA a crack at this before passing judgment. Hopefully once they work their magic, we can get a more polished product in a shorter timeframe.

I'll be impressed if ICS can be implemented on the desire as well as gingerbread was. Let's not forget that the desire launched with Android 2.1 (maybe even 2.0 in some areas?) if I'm not mistaken.

Top Liked Posts