GPS Issues

Search This thread

cckeeler

May 15, 2010
Has anyone else experienced issues with their GPS? Specifically the signal being lost during navigation? I have been going back and forth with Verizon because mine keep dropping. They informed me last night that it is a known issue. I was just curious of that is true or if a replacement phone will do the trick.

Mightycaptain

May 19, 2013
Morganton, NC
Has anyone else experienced issues with their GPS? Specifically the signal being lost during navigation? I have been going back and forth with Verizon because mine keep dropping. They informed me last night that it is a known issue. I was just curious of that is true or if a replacement phone will do the trick.

A little more info. Rooted? Which Rom? Baseband? Etc...

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

supermoocow5

Sep 16, 2010
I think the antenna is easily blocked in the phone, I've noticed that if I set my phone on its right side in the center console of my car while navigating, it works fine, but if I set it on its left side, it cannot maintain gps lock while moving (it works stationary).

cckeeler

May 15, 2010
Well i'm on my replacement and waiting for another one to come. The replacement phone's GPS was even worse than my original phone. I can't go to a single destination without losing GPS signal. Extremely frustrated.

I can't believe more people aren't experiencing this issue.