DISCONTINUED [DEV][WIP] ICS / CM9 (4.0.4) Alpha 5 - 3.1 kernel

Search This thread

tomasino.blaha

Feb 12, 2011
Prague
Is there any error messages ? Just retested , and it work for me ....

So..
at first i flashed new version CM with old (mblaster's) recovery
-> Boot loop

Now i'm trying flash your's recovery and it writes:

asert failed: write_raw_image("/cache/recovery.img". "recovery")
E.Error in /external-sdcard/CwmFolio_v03_update(2).zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

tomasino.blaha

Feb 12, 2011
Prague
Your not flashing my zip !!! your flashing CwmFolio_v03_update(2).zip !!

I know,because when i try flash you CWM everthink goes ok,but when i reboot into recovery,still have 3.0.2.8 :(

EDIT://
It writes:

--Installing: /external-sdcard/cwm-recovery-5.5.0.4..zip
Finding update package
Opening update package
Installing update
ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4. for Folio 100
Installing recovery.img...
Install complted!

Install from sdcard complete.

Then i try to reboot and get into recovery but version is still 3.0.2.8 :(

Last edited:

yohannsiche

Nov 19, 2008
Hi everybody,

first, thanks nopy, mblaster and the others who worked on this rom!! It is great!!

For those who got problem to install. When i try new rom after updates, i completely reset my tab. There's a french forum where all is described. And where you'll find everything you'll need to perform it:

http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/45847-maxi-tuto-y-compris-changer-de-rom-pour-les-debutants/

When your tab is completely empty, fastboot nopy's recovery, and just install via cwm the build.

tomasino.blaha

Feb 12, 2011
Prague
Hi everybody,

first, thanks nopy, mblaster and the others who worked on this rom!! It is great!!

For those who got problem to install. When i try new rom after updates, i completely reset my tab. There's a french forum where all is described. And where you'll find everything you'll need to perform it:

http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/45847-maxi-tuto-y-compris-changer-de-rom-pour-les-debutants/

When your tab is completely empty, fastboot nopy's recovery, and just install via cwm the build.

It could help me,but which part of that guide should i use?
I don't understand it well :/

kastrupfyren

Mar 8, 2009
I know,because when i try flash you CWM everthink goes ok,but when i reboot into recovery,still have 3.0.2.8 :(

EDIT://
It writes:

--Installing: /external-sdcard/cwm-recovery-5.5.0.4..zip
Finding update package
Opening update package
Installing update
ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4. for Folio 100
Installing recovery.img...
Install complted!

Install from sdcard complete.

Then i try to reboot and get into recovery but version is still 3.0.2.8 :(

Exactly the same thing for me...
and my folio is now in a sad state of text looping on normal boot... arghh i was so happy for ics o last mod and now i have nothing....

well knowing all the intelligent ppl I know for a fact that a solution will present itself soon enough

droopie

Jan 7, 2010
great work

Hello,

installed de latest update and works great
i'm testing now some things

Great great work guys:)

OldNick

Sep 25, 2009
Installed the new Version 1h ago - its an impressive work!

I have found this bug: the microphone isnt working. I tested it in Skype (btw the video call is working now!), but my partner couldnt hear any voice. Is there a hidden system setting for the mic?

tomasino.blaha

Feb 12, 2011
Prague
WHOAAAA!!!
I actuallly did it!
I used guide from frandroid,deleted all(linux,cache..)
Then install Nopy's recovery and flashed ROM!
And it realy works! :)
Thanks a lot!!!..
I love you! :p

DodgeBullets

Apr 26, 2011
Oeiras
DerArtem can I marry you?

I promise after we are married we will invite nopy and mblaster and all others than contributed for this great job and will do a gang bang.

Jokes asside you guys managed the impossible, a great, updated, with FULL flash player support rom.

Flash player is working on dolphin browser for live streams, one of my uses on the tablet finally I have an updated tablet with flash working.

I'm also experiencing a no wifi connection after standby wake up.

Also when using BS Player for watching TV shows or movies whatever touch screen stops responding can't do anything need to to a force shutdown on power button.

One other thing why not do a 120 dpi rom instead of this huge 160?

Just as I was finishing this post the tab just turned off just black screen with no low battery warning, I turned it on and plugged the power adapter and it rebooted by it self, now is working fine

Thanks for the great work

Last edited:

DerArtem

Apr 13, 2010
Bad Homburg
DerArtem can I marry you?

I promise after we are married we will invite nopy and mblaster and all others than contributed for this great job and will do a gang bang.

Jokes asside you guys managed the impossible, a great, updated, with FULL flash player support rom.

Flash player is working on dolphin browser for live streams, one of my uses on the tablet finally I have an updated tablet with flash working.

I'm also experiencing a no wifi connection after standby wake up.

Also when using BS Player for watching TV shows or movies whatever touch screen stops responding can't do anything need to to a force shutdown on power button.

One other thing why not do a 120 dpi rom instead of this huge 160?

Just as I was finishing this post the tab just turned off just black screen with no low battery warning, I turned it on and plugged the power adapter and it rebooted by it self, now is working fine

Thanks for the great work

Yes, we might try using 120 dpi.
I will check why the touch screen stops responding.
The power plug detection requires some more tweaks. Also the low bat detection.

Reactions: DodgeBullets

highpoiss

Jan 19, 2008
Barendrecht
boot loop

Need some help

i,m stuck in bootloop
did instal the new recovery from nopy 5044
Format all partitions
and instal the new rom
thanks for support

Solved
fastboot erase linux
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase cache
fastboot flash recovery cwm-recovery-5.5.0.4.img
fastboot reboot

Boot into recovery
Update zip from sd card

Last edited:

DodgeBullets

Apr 26, 2011
Oeiras
Yes, we might try using 120 dpi.
I will check why the touch screen stops responding.
The power plug detection requires some more tweaks. Also the low bat detection.

Thanks for the reply

Im currently using LCD Density Modder from market to change to 120 dpi, but as someone said (on the discontinued ICS thread from nopy)
Gmail is force closing on 120 dpi and probably other apps will force close, dunno if the rom where to be preloaded and optimized from source for 120 dpi
that will happen. just a heads up

looking forward for an update

thanks again

Trumpfz

Jan 9, 2010
This new ROM runs incredible smooth.
Congrats to the good work you done on the ROM !!

I used CM7.1 so far. In CM7.1 there was a fix to prevent the Folio from these unwanted wakeups when it's in suspend mode. You know, the screen just switched on without any reason.
In CM7.1 you could fix this by moving some keyboard files from one directory to another. The Folio then never waked up again without pressing the Power-On Button, although you had to press it twice.

The second big problem is the wifi. In CM7.1 the Folio could be in suspend mode for quite some days without charging the battery. But with this ROM wifi is always on... or it doesn't work anymore after suspend.

with these few things fixed the Folio will be a nice tablet for everyday use.

Really great Job so far !!

Top Liked Posts