[Q] Touch screen does not work with custom rom

Search This thread

ash6088

Apr 14, 2012
Sorry for my bad henglish but i need help

I have a serious problem with the touch screen and custom rom. With the CM9, CM7 and MIUI, and its kernel, touchscreen does not work! But if I use the stock rom and kernel the touch screen works, or if I use the official ICS kernel beta with ICS Rom: KA15 Team Ice Cream or Sony Xperia Hybryd rom or ICS official Sony touch screen works ...
So I think that the touch screen works only with the official kernel!
Here's how I do:
1 - flash with fastboot kernel
2-cwm go to recovery and wipe data / factory reset, and Dalvik cache partition
3-zip file with the flash custom roms
4-reboot
But with CM9, CM7, Miui and their kernels touch screen does not respond

Please Help!

slvjpn

I have used PwnKernel 1.6 with miui and SETweaked android 2.3.x and PwnKernel ICS for KA15 and it worked very well.
PwnKernel 1.6: click
PwnKernel ICS(no bluetooth): click
Inside the zips you will find the boot.img(kernel) and Pwnkernel-modules. For wifi and bluetooth(BT only for pwnk 1.6) you have to install them under recovery after flashing the kernel.

If they don't work, take a look here; it's a list with kernels and roms for neo.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1316394

ash6088

Apr 14, 2012
I have used 1.6 Pwnkernel with CM7.1 but the touch screen does not work the same!
In my opinion the problem is another, looks like this user has solved the same problem but with a ZTE phone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKO9flwApD0. I tried doing the same thing but my Neo does not work without batteries, then the user updating the video wrote that he found a better way to solve with a fixed kernel. I also tried the kernel FXP but the problem returns! is very strange but I can not find solutions!

zakk87

Sep 3, 2010
maybe it's depends on hardware, maybe your phone has other touchscreen (like there was with SE X8)

unisol107

Feb 23, 2012
Bhopal
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Redmi K20 Pro
Use the fxp kernel provided in the rom and download the latest cm7.2
Pwn kernel will give problems for cm7 and miui.
And since miui is based on cm7 and cm9 ...they share the same bugs...if you are facing dead portion of screen at the bottom in landscape mode...then only latest fxp kernel can help.
And if the whole screen is non functional ...then there is something wrong with your flashing...and it is obviously kernel related.

Sent from my MT11i using XDA

ash6088

Apr 14, 2012
I have flashed .64 firmware official, then i have flashed kernel included in the zip file of CM7.1.0.1, then i have format and wipe everything and flashed rom, but Touch doesn't work!!
Same thing with CM9!

I do not know what to invent to make it work!

I have flashed the official SE beta Ics kernel and everything works! means that the flash is correct. Right?