Nexus 10 to receive major upgrade

Search This thread

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Same exact story that was posted 5 days ago and copy pasted OVER 9000 times now with fresh spin and the same page click inducing buzzwords that lead to absolutely nothing new about this story from when it was originally published..

These sites are making a small fortune in ad revenue over a story with ZERO facts or credible sources.

bkmaracas

Jul 10, 2012
Cardiff
If anything there may be 3g version but I suspect all this is marketing by rivals to discredit the n10 by focusing on the problems encountered by sufferers of 1st world problem syndrome who oft use this site to suggest its a duff when in fact its selling v well methinks.

Its had a .1 update so far and is clearly not optimised, but is a damn fine tab I much prefer to an iPad, overall at least on a par with. Its out of stock a lot so is that the factory shutting early or lots of guys and gals buying them all? In a few months app will be taking more advantage of the screen and OS including chrome will be far better.
Remember it was only July last yr the nexus 7 appeared and along with jelly bean realistically made android tabs exist.

I'd order a 10, use and enjoy it. Stop worrying about 'flex' or light bleed etc IMO a non issue for pedant kids who have it too good. But thats a personal opinion. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

felipepx

Dec 27, 2012
Valencia
www.heightdev.com
Do you really believe some no name web journalist from a no name site? I could be wrong, but seriously doubt we will see anything before Google I/O.

I don't know, but the new Tegra 4 processor is dangerous for Google... but the Nexus 10 is much young... In Spain the nexus was restocked today after exhausting 6-minute of sale... A new Nexus 10 would be a lack of respect for buyers, as with the iPad 3...

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
I don't know, but the new Tegra 4 processor is dangerous for Google... but the Nexus 10 is much young... In Spain the nexus was restocked today after exhausting 6-minute of sale... A new Nexus 10 would be a lack of respect for buyers, as with the iPad 3...

Eh? I've never been overly impressed with a tegra chipset as far as gaming goes.. Tegra tends to be more hype than bite.

Tegra 2 was an abomination of biblical proportions. Tegra 3 is much much much improved and a damn good chipset but it's more on par with current gen then it is breaking down doors and blowing away benchmarks. NFS MW ran worse on my Nexus 7 than it does on my Nexus 10. It ran and very playable but the N10 is much better performance. Nevermind the fact most developers don't take the time to properly (gameloft) tune their games for Tegra chipsets anyway.

What the industry should be focusing on is a way to better cool down these chipsets. If the N10 proves anything it's that the technology is hitting a thermal ceiling. The chipsets they are pumping out are smoking fast but if they get so hot so fast they need to be throttled down within 30 seconds of 3D gaming there is little point in even having them run so fast.

kit777

Jan 9, 2013
i dont think nexus 10 is a trial version and i sure hope the nexus 10 2nd not come any earlier

daLareid

Nov 28, 2012
Back with some potential new info for UK peeps!
Got in touch with our local Samsung manager and he said this is not public knowledge but The Nexus 10 will be 'officially' hitting store shelves SOON. (definitely not this month though).
Plus he mentioned that the Nexus 10 that will be hitting stores like Currys/PC world might be a revised model . He didn't say in what way but just left it at that

Food for thought: I'm thinking Google may announce something near or on MWC. Plus official launch means it'll be advertised even more to the general public

If this information that he gave me is accurate then not many people know + it'll be awesome if it comes true
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1982118&page=184

This oughta help keep this rumor alive until MWC 2013 lol.

springy

Dec 26, 2010
Yea I have seen that rumour but come on, a revised version now???

I think maybe a price reduction but really I think this tablet will only be made available in lots of places when Google fixes all these little bugs. You cannot have a tablet just rebooting randomly for mass consumer and also the auto brightness is beginning to bug me a bit. All these little optimisation is easy to do and hopefully when 4.2.2 comes out then the tablet will be made available more widely.

The hardware in this tablet is a beast. No need to change it now. As I say maybe a price reduction plus an optional 3G will probably come out. But still have not seen anything come out on FCC yet...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

adamantypants

Nov 8, 2008
las vegas
As an early adopter for all things technology for years, I wouldn't be hurt at all even if it came out in a few weeks. Technology gets better EVERY SINGLE DAY, deal with it. Think about how often one person updates their custom rom with better features. Now think about an entire company with a staff devoted to doing that. Technology gets better all the time. If you can't handle it, it might be time for a new hobby.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts