new moto x came with 4.4, can i get entitlement check and hotspot?

Search This thread

doitinthedirt

Mar 31, 2014
new moto x came with 4.4, can i get entitlement check and hotspot? Currently running a razrM with entitlement check, upgraded to the droid maxx and soon found out there is no way to get hotspot on grandfathered unlimited data, at least I didn't find it. so back it's going. Is there a way to root and get the entitlement check to work if I order the moto X? I'm sure it will come with 4.4 from verizon
Thanks!

IEcansuckit

Mar 10, 2014
Earth
Well, I didn't do the entitlement check hack manually like I did on my old Droid Razr (using SQL Lite editor). However, I did root my Moto X on 4.4 and installed Xposed framework with the Moto Tether module. I believe it essentially does the same thing and it's working fine for me.

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
new moto x came with 4.4, can i get entitlement check and hotspot? Currently running a razrM with entitlement check, upgraded to the droid maxx and soon found out there is no way to get hotspot on grandfathered unlimited data, at least I didn't find it. so back it's going. Is there a way to root and get the entitlement check to work if I order the moto X? I'm sure it will come with 4.4 from verizon
Thanks!

it can come with 4.4 or 4.4.2 and you will have to root your device to get tether to work so as long as it comes with 4.4 you can root your device and install the xposed framework and there is a tethering module you can install to make native tethering work.

i myself use the wifi tethering app but most people say it no longer works but i have never had a issue with it.