s-off hboot 3.16

Search This thread

Kahun

Sep 25, 2013
Ipswich
Is it possible to s-off hboot 3.16 wihout using SunShine? Just want to get red of that red text. Doing my head in.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
S-off with firewater worked fine for me on the AT&T version with 3.16 hboot (before sunshine even existed). As mentioned, you can always try it, as there is no harm in doing so. Worst that will happen is firewater tells you it won't work.

But if you are on AT&T (don't know if other carriers have hboot 3.16) firewater should work fine.

exocetdj

S-off with firewater worked fine for me on the AT&T version with 3.16 hboot (before sunshine even existed). As mentioned, you can always try it, as there is no harm in doing so. Worst that will happen is firewater tells you it won't work.

But if you are on AT&T (don't know if other carriers have hboot 3.16) firewater should work fine.

Think OP is from uk, no ATT here mate lol ;)

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
Think OP is from uk, no ATT here mate lol ;)

No idea, as there is also an Ipswich in Massachusetts, USA. Folks need to be specific (as you have kindly done in your "location") as a great many town names happen in multiple different places (especially UK and New England, USA).

In any case, my feeling is firewater is only patched in later hboots, and any phone with hboot 3.16 will probably work. I can only comment on the AT&T version, since that is what I own.

exocetdj

No idea, as there is also an Ipswich in Massachusetts, USA. Folks need to be specific (as you have kindly done in your "location") as a great many town names happen in multiple different places (especially UK and New England, USA).

In any case, my feeling is firewater is only patched in later hboots, and any phone with hboot 3.16 will probably work. I can only comment on the AT&T version, since that is what I own.

It was wierd with firewater, i got my m8 5 days after UK release and firewater would not work on mine, but i have heard it worked with alot of the ATT and verizon models in the US :)

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
It was wierd with firewater, i got my m8 5 days after UK release and firewater would not work on mine, but i have heard it worked with alot of the ATT and verizon models in the US :)

That is strange. Have you seen similar reports from others on your variant?

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
Yup, alot of unbranded european users got the dreaded "whelp" message whilst peeps in the US were celebrating s off lol

Good to know, thanks. I know firewater doesn't work for newer hboots; but wasn't aware that other versions with hboot 3.16 are not compatible as well.

As you already mentioned, the worst that can happen is OP runs firewater, and he gets the "whelp" message. So its worth a shot.

Reactions: exocetdj

youssefz

Dec 6, 2012
I'm looking for an old version of firewater to S-OFF my AT&T htc one m8 with Hboot 3.16 and 4.4.2 android some one keeped and archive of this file please ?

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
I'm looking for an old version of firewater to S-OFF my AT&T htc one m8 with Hboot 3.16 and 4.4.2 android some one keeped and archive of this file please ?

That won't work. Firewater was an online service. It stopped working once the dev stopped supporting it in December.

Sunshine s-off is the only current working method.

Reactions: djgreyghost

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That is strange. Have you seen similar reports from others on your variant?

Yup, alot of unbranded european users got the dreaded "whelp" message whilst peeps in the US were celebrating s off lol

Good to know, thanks. I know firewater doesn't work for newer hboots; but wasn't aware that other versions with hboot 3.16 are not compatible as well.

As you already mentioned, the worst that can happen is OP runs firewater, and he gets the "whelp" message. So its worth a shot.

That won't work. Firewater was an online service. It stopped working once the dev stopped supporting it in December.

Sunshine s-off is the only current working method.