Search This thread

amehdi43

Sep 7, 2010
To sum up my understandings in the IRC last night, and to help anyone a bit confused:
The logcat's from last night showed it was looking for a google app. chmod permissions were also tested, but I think it came down to a missing app. Hence why it's hanging at the android logo (or other boot logo replacement).

Anywho, this post, if followed correctly, should get you going. If not, post the logcat! And remember, it's an alpha!

Edit: It took awhile (3-4 minutes) so let give it time. If it hits 10 minutes, it's stuck.

I've very confused though... I whiped the caches (except factory), flashed the alpha... and everything from AsopMod Froyo is there o_O as if I upgraded it. Err...?
Edit2: Second side affect... sms in and out work. Still, should I wipe instead of running this frankenbuild for testing and reporting back? lol

no.. wipe factory as well.. make a nandroid. then wipe everything, factory, cache, and dalvik. then flash the rom first. then the gapps. it will boot as cm and then after a while (2-3 min) it should load. afterwards wait for the syncing to complete. then update gmail and download all you apps back. then your all set.! browser works. as said before "just stop it from loading google" any other website will work.. it WILL work... its aosp's work afterall... :)

vinnypel2ella

Jul 18, 2010
Pittsburgh
no.. wipe factory as well.. make a nandroid. then wipe everything, factory, cache, and dalvik. then flash the rom first. then the gapps. it will boot as cm and then after a while (2-3 min) it should load. afterwards wait for the syncing to complete. then update gmail and download all you apps back. then your all set.! browser works. as said before "just stop it from loading google" any other website will work.. it WILL work... its aosp's work afterall... :)

i did exactly what u said and it is boot looping. i get the flashing light telling me my battery is low but it will just vibrate like its about to book then restart the boot animation.

Bierce22

Nov 10, 2010
canton ga
Okay I'm back I did a full manual wipe in recovery installed and it booted fine I'm pretty sure it was the boot animation not getting wiped so anyway it loaded fine without gapps but when I went back to recovery and installed gapps then it got stuck in a bootloop on the android animation and the leds were on I was never able to sign into Google so I restored back to cm again I did use gapps from cm6.1 mdpi is there an updated gapps I need to use

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

etstanger

Okay I'm back I did a full manual wipe in recovery installed and it booted fine I'm pretty sure it was the boot animation not getting wiped so anyway it loaded fine without gapps but when I went back to recovery and installed gapps then it got stuck in a bootloop on the android animation and I was never able to sign into Google so I restored back to cm again I did use gapps from cm6.1 mdpi is there an updated gapps I need to use

Check post 405. Use those. :)

vinnypel2ella

Jul 18, 2010
Pittsburgh
w00t w00t! got it booted, using RA-heroc-v6.2. just use the OP rom and the GAPPS on post 405. after trying every other combo this worked. now im afraid to flash a uncapped kernal, i dont wanna go throug that again. has anyone flashed an uncapped? does decad3nces new kernal decafuct work?

PRGUY85

Jan 10, 2010
Been trying this since yesterday. I wiped everything, flashed ROm, followed by Gapps and then firerat boot zip file. Stuck on HTC logo and have been stuck on it after several tries.

obsanity

Jun 4, 2010
I'll be damed... I guess I was wrong and you guys were right.

I'm deleting this so that I don't confuse everyone. You need to format Boot, Data, System and Cache in CW recovery to make this work properly.

Sorry.

Last edited:

s0be

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2007
Seattle, WA
To set the record straight with all of you saying that when you see the cyanogen boot screen it didn't wipe properly or something other is wrong. I think I can safely say that this alpha release is a... wait for it:

• CM7.0 branch.

Yes, aosp branched the new CyanogenMod 7.0 Gingerbread, added our kernel and maybe did other things I'm not aware of. But like I clearly stated in my first post after aosp released this new source build release (not SDK image) this is CM7.0.

I see many of you responding to questions about this release without actually trying to load it yourself. This release will show a CyanogenMod coin style boot screen and will also show CyanogenMod icon in the status bar after flashing with the CMStats option for you to set. CyanogenMod wallpapers are included and also a few CyanogenMod settings applications if you go to menage apps from the menu.
So please do not post misinformation unless you have tested it yourself.

Now, thank you aosp for making this branch. We all appreciate your hard work.

BZZZZT, gutter tell him what he's won.

If you're seeing the CM6/7 boot screen, it's because your full wipe did not fully wipe. Don't believe me? Reboot into CWM Recovery, format Boot, Data, System, Cache, and Reinstall for the 'Android' boot animation.

aosp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 12, 2010
u
To set the record straight with all of you saying that when you see the cyanogen boot screen it didn't wipe properly or something other is wrong. I think I can safely say that this alpha release is a... wait for it:

• CM7.0 branch.

Yes, aosp branched the new CyanogenMod 7.0 Gingerbread, added our kernel and maybe did other things I'm not aware of. But like I clearly stated in my first post after aosp released this new source build release (not SDK image) this is CM7.0.

I see many of you responding to questions about this release without actually trying to load it yourself. This release will show a CyanogenMod coin style boot screen and will also show CyanogenMod icon in the status bar after flashing with the CMStats option for you to set. CyanogenMod wallpapers are included and also a few CyanogenMod settings applications if you go to menage apps from the menu.

clockworkmod partitions menu is very handy ;)

Reactions: obsanity

Bierce22

Nov 10, 2010
canton ga
Finally it booted huzaa!! I had to format the boot and only then did it work but I've got gapps going and everything its the default android boot animation on mine now

oostah

Oct 15, 2010
Cullowhee
u

clockworkmod partitions menu is very handy ;)

This worked for me format system/data/cache and did wipe everything. Booted up right and looks better now to. Great job asop! I thought you was going to hold out till Xmas morning then release it for everyone. Lol thanks for every one that had a hand and feet in this.

LanceLet

Jul 3, 2010

• CM7.0 branch.

Oh, and BTW, you WILL need to flash gapps from page 41 immediately after flashing this release for it not to boot loop endlessly.

For some reason.. no matter what I do.. coming from an AospMod.. i can never get this CM boot screen.... curious... I think I may have wiped right though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aBGH3.png
    pjJo2.png
    YUdXp.png
    pNATR.png
    oYe53.png
    5Swi6.png
    PQW3e.png
    1W5Bm.png
    9wYtk.png
    nnok0.png
    oIxgu.png
    Fntz4.png

MD5:
    gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip
    MD5: 4cbe712c0bde778fb7f2d32d32b57dd8

MD5:
    [GPL] Kernel Source

HOWTO Logcat
    Code:
    [CENTER][B][U]PC via ADB:[/U][/B]
    adb logcat > /path/logcat.txt
    ctrl+c

[B][U]Phone via Terminal emulator:[/U][/B]
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt 
    press the trackball (for ctrl) and c to end the output.[/CENTER]
    ]​
    if your market isn't downloading correctly donate all your money to s0be ;P!

He is the man and fixed it.

Here is the s0be's fix

1. adb shell
    2. su
    3. mkdir /cache/download
    4. chown system:cache /cache/download
    5. chmod ug+rwx /cache/download
    6. chmod a+x /cache/download

Then the market should download.

Added to the WIKI under Gapps Info. :D:D:D
    working on it fellas :D

Re4gk.png
    ladies and gents 3/08 is up let me know if its any quicker if not i have a few other tricks up my sleeve to try dont know why but i just refuse to give up on the heroC :eek:
    links up fellas enjoy ;)