[OTA LEAK] DROID 3 (XT862) 5.7.906 Update from Staging Server

Search This thread

droidian1441

Sep 17, 2011
Christiansburg
Hello!
I'm back with another update.

The 5.7.906 update does include a kernel, BP and bootloader update just like 5.7.902 and 5.7.905.

The 5.7.906 update IS ROOTABLE using the exploit below.

Disclaimer: It is your choice to update your phone to this, not mine. If in any way do anything happen to your phone that never happened before, you are responsible. I am not responsible for anything that happens, ill effects or not, to the phone.

**OTA ROOTKEEPERS DO NOT WORK, PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION**

THERE IS NO WAY BACK TO STOCK.

AFTER SEEING REPEATED PROBLEMS, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU FLASH THIS UPDATE WHILE ON A STOCK 5.6.890 OR OTHER UPDATE.
DO NOT FLASH OVER AN ICS ROM OR ANY ROM. IF YOU HAVE PERFORMED THE TBH DROID 3 RADIO HACK YOU ARE RECOMMENDED TO NOT INSTALL ANY LEAKS.

5.7.906 Download Link: http://dev-host.org/uEA
NOTE: If coming from 5.7.902 or 5.7.905, the kernel will not update. The kernels are the same in all three updates.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Root:
D4 Root Exploit -- http://bit.ly/yGewgE
The following credit goes out to:
Motorola - For placing the update on the Staging server.
5.7.906 UPDATE INFORMATION:
System Version: 5.7.906.XT862.Verizon.en.US
Android Version: 2.3.4
Baseband Version: N_03.18.32P
Kernel Version:
2.6.35.7-g5fa4155
xrpk47@il93lnxdroid25 #1

Build Number: 5.5.1_84_D3G-66_M2-10
Get downloading!

Last edited:

stevefxp

Oct 16, 2007
Downloading now...

I am going to be interested if this fixes a problem with mounting SD card as logical drive.

Edit: yes it looks like the mounting issue I was experiencing with 905 is fixed in 906!

Last edited:

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
You can reflash this update as well as the prior 5.7.902 and 5.7.905 because none of them assert anything except cdma_solana in the updater-script. They are designed, apparently, to flash over anything and bring it up to this build. They also contain full systems, which is why they break OTA root keepers because they replace everything in /system.

I have not flashed this one yet, but it appears to be like the other two leaks in that regard.

droidian1441

Sep 17, 2011
Christiansburg
You can reflash this update as well as the prior 5.7.902 and 5.7.905 because none of them assert anything except cdma_solana in the updater-script. They are designed, apparently, to flash over anything and bring it up to this build. They also contain full systems, which is why they break OTA root keepers because they replace everything in /system.

I have not flashed this one yet, but it appears to be like the other two leaks in that regard.

Lol I haven't gone much for looking over the update just yet, all ive noticed is a BP update at first glance.

I'd like to know why these particular 3 updates all have new systems, and they all have very close versions and build numbers.

Maybe Motorola is onto us. o_O

bogdan_wrc

Nov 22, 2008
Let me get something clear: Have you flashed the actual 905 update?

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA premium
yeah. just 2 days ago. i have 905 with MavRom. Installed with cwm recovery. (On safe system..)
but even if 906 is not so necessary, i would like to know the method to be able to update. (perhaps when 907 will appear....)

Last edited:

droidian1441

Sep 17, 2011
Christiansburg
yeah. just 2 days ago. i have 905 with MavRom. Installed with cwm recovery. (On safe system..)
but even if 906 is not so necessary, i would like to know the method to be able to update. (perhaps when 907 will appear....)

Since 906 is rootable, and you have applied the 905 update, I would just take the plunge to 906.

It will unroot the phone, but the 906 is rootable, so backup your rom with safestrap first.

Download the update, put it on your sdcard, boot into recovery and install the update.

bogdan_wrc

Nov 22, 2008
I have maverick rom installed, so when i tried to install 906 it does not work... i believe i have to return to 905 stock. And i have maverick rom installed with cwm recovery..on safe system.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA

droidian1441

Sep 17, 2011
Christiansburg
I have maverick rom installed, so when i tried to install 906 it does not work... i believe i have to return to 905 stock. And i have maverick rom installed with cwm recovery..on safe system.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA

You have to install it in stock recovery; not the safestrap recovery.
Hold Power and the Hard X Button until ya see the triangle with the android robot.

Hold both volume keys simultaneously and then install the update.

MyNarwhalBacon

Nov 1, 2008
So-Cal
Google Pixel 7 Pro
To those who need instructions on installing, and do not care as long as it works:

It is likely someone has a better method, but I was able to upgrade to 906 going the route provided below. Both roms will be wiped during this process but your internal and external SD's should not be affected.

1. Put the 906 update on the root of your external SD card.
2. Turn off phone.
3. Boot in Safestrap. Toggle safestrap off.
4. Reboot
5. Pull battery or shut phone down again
6. While turning on phone hold down X until you see a triangle with an ! and a droid dude.
7. Press both the up and down volume buttons at the same time until you get to the bootloader menu.
8. Wipe phone.
9. Install update from external SD card.
10. Choose 906
11. Reboot.
12. Wait awhile.
13. Use Droid 4 root exploit to get root
14. Re-install safestrap.
15. Done!
(You maybe able to restore an old Rom you have backed up on safestrap. I am not going to try it)

Last edited:

bogdan_wrc

Nov 22, 2008
@droidian1441
thanks. i complety forgot about STOCK recovery :)
i will wipe data (mavrom) in stock recovery and then apply the update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!
    I'm back with another update.

The 5.7.906 update does include a kernel, BP and bootloader update just like 5.7.902 and 5.7.905.

The 5.7.906 update IS ROOTABLE using the exploit below.

Disclaimer: It is your choice to update your phone to this, not mine. If in any way do anything happen to your phone that never happened before, you are responsible. I am not responsible for anything that happens, ill effects or not, to the phone.

**OTA ROOTKEEPERS DO NOT WORK, PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION**

THERE IS NO WAY BACK TO STOCK.

AFTER SEEING REPEATED PROBLEMS, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU FLASH THIS UPDATE WHILE ON A STOCK 5.6.890 OR OTHER UPDATE.
    DO NOT FLASH OVER AN ICS ROM OR ANY ROM. IF YOU HAVE PERFORMED THE TBH DROID 3 RADIO HACK YOU ARE RECOMMENDED TO NOT INSTALL ANY LEAKS.

5.7.906 Download Link: http://dev-host.org/uEA
    NOTE: If coming from 5.7.902 or 5.7.905, the kernel will not update. The kernels are the same in all three updates.
    Root:
    D4 Root Exploit -- http://bit.ly/yGewgE
    The following credit goes out to:
    Motorola - For placing the update on the Staging server.
    5.7.906 UPDATE INFORMATION:
    System Version: 5.7.906.XT862.Verizon.en.US
    Android Version: 2.3.4
    Baseband Version: N_03.18.32P
    Kernel Version:
    2.6.35.7-g5fa4155
    xrpk47@il93lnxdroid25 #1

Build Number: 5.5.1_84_D3G-66_M2-10
    Get downloading!
    Well, after talking to Moto about why I can't accept this leak, I've concluded nothing, but they DID say that this is the latest update available for the Droid 3. As to why it hasn't been pushed...IDK!, but it is the latest confirmed update.
    To those who need instructions on installing, and do not care as long as it works:

It is likely someone has a better method, but I was able to upgrade to 906 going the route provided below. Both roms will be wiped during this process but your internal and external SD's should not be affected.

1. Put the 906 update on the root of your external SD card.
    2. Turn off phone.
    3. Boot in Safestrap. Toggle safestrap off.
    4. Reboot
    5. Pull battery or shut phone down again
    6. While turning on phone hold down X until you see a triangle with an ! and a droid dude.
    7. Press both the up and down volume buttons at the same time until you get to the bootloader menu.
    8. Wipe phone.
    9. Install update from external SD card.
    10. Choose 906
    11. Reboot.
    12. Wait awhile.
    13. Use Droid 4 root exploit to get root
    14. Re-install safestrap.
    15. Done!
    (You maybe able to restore an old Rom you have backed up on safestrap. I am not going to try it)
    For me "AP Fastboot" SBF using RSD Lite always works. But I have to skip allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin, mbmloader.bin & mbm.bin
    can anyone confirm whether this works as a way back to 890 from 906?
    i have the 906 system running on top of the 890 saftestrap rom and works well; would like to try the full update as long as there's a safety net.

Dont worry. I have done this over 20 times. You are running 906 over Safestrap 890 while I did not use Safstrap any time with 902 / 905 / 906.

Make sure you do NOT flash the files I mentioned in earlier post.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Guys no matter you are on 902/905/906. "AP Fastboot" SBF using RSD Lite 5.6 always works. But you need to skip allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin, mbmloader.bin & mbm.bin.

Extract all files from 890 SBF zip & remove following lines from VRZ_XT862_5.5.1_84_D3G-55_1FF_01.xml & select this xml file in RSD Lite for flashing

<step operation="flash" partition="mbm" filename="allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin" MD5="1c5fe78a10bb79533934015b8eaddf8b" />
    <step operation="reboot-bootloader" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="mbmloader" filename="mbmloader.bin" MD5="b09feb246298ca721e2ae6b3becdd1b4" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="mbm" filename="mbm.bin" MD5="6e062a68fe054ec128d4b253f1f3bd19" />
    <step operation="reboot-bootloader" />

Also I strongly suggest that you do a factory reset from Original recovery (Power+X) but you switch to "AP Fastboot" for sbf flashing.