[ROM] Cyanogenmod Nightly Builds - Builds for P920 works on P925!

Search This thread

kylereid

Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
ya i was having probs with it taking along time to connect but once it was on it was fine 3/4g seem to be the same way

did u grab any helper apps or did you just wait a whole afternoon and never turn it off? lol

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

lol, maybe it's our friends at rogers giving us another hurdle to conquer. someone there is laughing at us for buying this phone..

xstokerx

Jan 26, 2012
winnipeg
Google Pixel 5
did u grab any helper apps or did you just wait a whole afternoon and never turn it off? lol

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

lol, maybe it's our friends at rogers giving us another hurdle to conquer. someone there is laughing at us for buying this phone..

i dont think its rogers and no i didnt use any helper apps ive switch to acidhazard rom for now tell cm7 is done right for this phone.

you know what with acidhazard on this phone and a rom built proper i have no problems with this phone if rogers employes were laughing at me i would just show them my phone now they wouldn't even think it was a 3d. Im getting 12-48 hours from a battery, its smoken fast and stable.

donavo

Sep 28, 2011
Anyone else having a problem worth the p290? Like can't set up the account? It wont let me set up my google account to it. Can anyone help?

idriff

Mar 26, 2012
hey i got a question
if u flash latest nightly and then you install chainfire3D to install the drivers
will you be able 2 have 3D on CM7?
and well u can try 2 install lg apks later (video apks and stuff)
anyway last CM i tried worked perfect with p21d only problem i believe i had was that the cell was like overheating or something i just felt it was pretty hot so i went back to Lestat

idriff

Mar 26, 2012
well ive been usin the latest nightly i found and its giving a lot of trubles...
wifi sometimes gives me error and stops working
also theres some signal issues when switching from 2g/3g
and some times screen just freezes this just happened like 2 times in this 2 days
everything else is working great i even got 3D dunno if ur all aware of that

Itzamistry

well ive been usin the latest nightly i found and its giving a lot of trubles...
wifi sometimes gives me error and stops working
also theres some signal issues when switching from 2g/3g
and some times screen just freezes this just happened like 2 times in this 2 days
everything else is working great i even got 3D dunno if ur all aware of that

I would get it if there aren't voice echoes

Sent from my LG THRILL 4G!!!

donavo

Sep 28, 2011
how do i install gapps? i looked everywhere and i cant seem to understand what that is. and how to get it.

fn1046

Aug 24, 2010
how do i install gapps? i looked everywhere and i cant seem to understand what that is. and how to get it.

Just download the gapps zip. Make sure you use one for gb. You can find the file with a Google search. Then flash it with clockwork. It will install all the apps for you, nice and easy.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

Sep 15, 2010
Problems with network connectivity

I tried CM7 here, and everything worked except getting a network connection. I was coming from stock AT&T Gingerbread 2.3.5 with baseband L6260_MDEOM_SIC_01.1042.00.

I flashed several times, following the instructions. I should mention I've had 6 other Android devices, am fairly technical, and have successfully used CM7/CM9 on 2 other phones.

After flashing coming from the same ROM I'm currently on, I'd boot into CM and everything would work, and well! But the network connection didn't work. The System bar at the top showed the reception bars not lit up and with a red 'x' next to them. Wifi worked. I tried switching back and forth between Airplane mode, but it didn't help. Reflashed several times, too.

I even tried manually adding APNs, but that didn't work. (Actually, I was surprised that the APN list was blank. Also, after trying to add an APN it looked like it took but then the APN list was still blank. Not sure if this is related though, since I assume CM already has the APNs set up properly to be able to work right away without playing around with the APNs further, so I assume the issue I saw here, if it indeed was an issue, was not the issue itself but symptomatic of the larger issue.)

When I give up and try to flash Stock AT&T again, that too has no reception. Same problem. I have to do the complicated full instructions using the LG Flash Tool to actually get back to stock with working network reception.

I assume it has to do with the baseband, but I followed the CM instructions of making sure you first have Gingerbread with a Gingerbread baseband (I do - I have stock AT&T Gingerbread V20p with the baseband that comes with it).

I'd really love to use CM7! Any ideas or suggestions?

Markyzz

Jan 7, 2012
California
I tried CM7 here, and everything worked except getting a network connection. I was coming from stock AT&T Gingerbread 2.3.5 with baseband L6260_MDEOM_SIC_01.1042.00.

I flashed several times, following the instructions. I should mention I've had 6 other Android devices, am fairly technical, and have successfully used CM7/CM9 on 2 other phones.

After flashing coming from the same ROM I'm currently on, I'd boot into CM and everything would work, and well! But the network connection didn't work. The System bar at the top showed the reception bars not lit up and with a red 'x' next to them. Wifi worked. I tried switching back and forth between Airplane mode, but it didn't help. Reflashed several times, too.

I even tried manually adding APNs, but that didn't work. (Actually, I was surprised that the APN list was blank. Also, after trying to add an APN it looked like it took but then the APN list was still blank. Not sure if this is related though, since I assume CM already has the APNs set up properly to be able to work right away without playing around with the APNs further, so I assume the issue I saw here, if it indeed was an issue, was not the issue itself but symptomatic of the larger issue.)

When I give up and try to flash Stock AT&T again, that too has no reception. Same problem. I have to do the complicated full instructions using the LG Flash Tool to actually get back to stock with working network reception.

I assume it has to do with the baseband, but I followed the CM instructions of making sure you first have Gingerbread with a Gingerbread baseband (I do - I have stock AT&T Gingerbread V20p with the baseband that comes with it).

Did you flash the P920 CM7 or the P925?
If you have a GB baseband you need to flash the P920 version.

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nightly builds for the Thrill (P925) has stopped, P920 builds will work on Thrill P925.

Builds can be found here:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=p920

Changelog can be found here:
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=p920

There should be NO problems at all to upgrade from the latest SelfKang to the lastest Nightly Build.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    * Create a nandroid backup in CWM.
    * Install the latest Nightly.
    * Reboot.

If you're currently using a stock rom or a custom rom that is not based on CM then you must make a factory reset/format data in CWM after installing the latest nightly.
    Else you'll get stuck in a bootloop.

NOTICE:
    * Please note that this rom will replace your old one if you have a stock rom (Froyo or Gingerbread).
    Everything on your current rom will be useless, so backup everything!
    If you're currently using Froyo, then you need to flash the latest Baseband;
    Use the "LG Updater tool" to update to the latest Stock version so you'll get the latest Baseband, re-root your phone and download Rom Manager from the market.
    Install CWM, do a Nandroid backup and install the latest nightly build of CM7.

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T USE CM:
    If you're using the 3D functions of your phone as well as the HDMI then you shouldn't change to CM at the moment.
    3D and HDMI is broken.

And yes, these releases are newer than the SelfKang4.

This is Not my mod and try asking in this thread before posting me a PM, you'll get a faster reply here.
    Yup, but we need something other than this trashy 'CyanogenMod'.

I personally hate CM in general, it's not n00b friendly and it just looks plain dumb.

But if anyone could rocket a GB ROM without having to install a GB break, then count me in.

I hope to see a Froyo ROM soon.

Love you guys but the Thrill is trash and the mods here suck.

Eh, I agree to a certain extent. However, I wouldn't count noobs as those rooting, flashing ROMs, etc etc. So if they can't be bothered to google some CM info, welll, then...

As far as dumb, most of the time, our phones look dumb out of the box. The CM ROM is just as customizable as any other ROM. I got rid of the skateboard alien ASAP. What is kinda cool is the theme chooser so that you make a bunch of the stuff like battery stat, various widgets, dialer, etc all look different in one click.

I think most of us are just kinda waiting until the new cool phones come out in 2012 and move on.
    The CM7 for the P925 is on the Froyo Baseband, the CM7 for the P920 is on Gingerbread Baseband. if you are still running "stock" Froyo on your Thrill (P925) u can use the CM7 for the P925, if you flash ANY of the Gingerbread KDZ files, then you are relegated to either using the P920 CM7, or flashing back to Froyo and using the P925 CM7 (hopefully this made it about as clear as mud)
    Quick question: if you flash an updated nightly build, do you have to totally re-install all your apps and data again?

No just flash the update. Your apps and data wont be delated unless you do a wipe before install.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App

Did you flash the P920 CM7 or the P925?
    If you have a GB baseband you need to flash the P920 version.

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium