[Homemade Fastboots] Unlocked RAZR i's Only! [Windows] --- Retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zeratos

Oct 12, 2012
I went into recovery and there was no option to fix the root, also there was no question to fix the root D:

BigCon

Dec 30, 2009
Quick question - I flashed the orange gb fastboot and everything is working fine, however there's a motorola favourites folder in chrome full of junk that I don't want. I've tried to delete it but it won't let me.
Any ideas on how to remove it?

BigCon

Dec 30, 2009
It's probably synced to your Google account.

I don't think so - I don't see it on chrome on the laptop or in bookmarks manager in chrome on the laptop. Is there somewhere else I should look?
It doesn't appear on my nexus 7 either and that's synced to chrome a/c?

Last edited:

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
I don't think so - I don't see it on chrome on the laptop or in bookmarks manager in chrome on the laptop. Is there somewhere else I should look?
It doesn't appear on my nexus 7 either and that's synced to chrome a/c?

Wouldn't know, haven't run into this myself. Sorry I can't help more. Maybe post a thread in Questions and Answers and you'll get more people to see it who would probably know more about it.

wozn

Aug 8, 2012
Re: [Homemade Fastboots] Unlocked RAZR i's Only! [Windows]

Quick question - I flashed the orange gb fastboot and everything is working fine, however there's a motorola favourites folder in chrome full of junk that I don't want. I've tried to delete it but it won't let me.
Any ideas on how to remove it?

I've got that also. Going to try to remove later. Not as easy as just a normal bookmark. Hate that forced crap.

saloums7

Jul 19, 2012
Montreal

I just realised I posted in wrong forum... sorry!

Last edited:

Igl0

Jan 28, 2011
Niort
Hello,
I just downloaded 91.2.26001.Retail.en.EU - 4.1.2, but how do I install it ? Extract and fastboot flash recovery, flash system, flash boot ?
Thanks.

lebobo

Jul 18, 2009
Liège
Comment installer JellyBean 4.1.2 (explications simples en Français)...

How to Install JellyBean 4.1.2 (French tutorial)

Comment installer JellyBean 4.1.2 (explications en FRANCAIS)...

C'est relativement simple si on s'y prend pas à pas...
1. Si ce n'est pas déjà fait, déverrouiller le bootloader (via le site Motorola suivant : https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-a/ )
2. Installer le homemade fastboot '91.2.26001.Retail.en.EU - 4.1.2' via le lien suivant : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1936512 ou directement ici : http://www.batakang.com

Le point 2 permet de faire automatiquement les phases suivantes :
- il copie sur la mémoire interne RAZRiRoot2.zip
- il flashe le système actuel avec le nouveau firmware Jellybean et le root via le fichier copié ci-dessus
- il flashe le kernel
- il flashe le CWM qui permet par la suite de faire un backup complet, des mises à jour, d'installer des nouvelles ROM... en bootant en mode recovery

Une fois que c'est fait, on peut, en option, flasher la 'radio' via le lien suivant http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2128251
Moi je l'ai fait et je n'ai aucun soucis, tout fonctionne à merveille !

Cliquez sur Thanks si je vous ai aidé ! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Igl0

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Homemade Fastboots
What does it do? (For JB).
  1. Pushes RAZRiRoot2.zip to internal SD card.
  2. Flashes system from the new firmware.
  3. Flashes kernel.
  4. Flashes CWM by turl1.
  5. User must select Recovery to go to CWM and flash RAZRiRoot2.zip themselves.

Now, my system images themselves are mostly pre-rooted, however they end up having permissions issues, so we need to re-root them anyway.

I'm tired of waiting for Retail.GB to get Jelly Bean, so I unlocked this morning and am going to flash the Retail.EU system images. A couple of quick questions:

1) Is flashing these images the only way to convert from Retail.GB to Retail.EU, or is there a better method?

2) I'm pretty familiar with fastboot commands, etc., so I'm comfortable doing it manually. I read something in this thread about 100MB flash increments. But when I look at the FlashAndRoot.bat, I don't see how it is splitting them up into 100MB increments? Was that just an ICS thing? Can I just flash this by ./fastboot flashing the system.img, boot.img, cwm, and then flashing the root.zip?

3) I see that busybox, su, and superuser.apk are in the Retail.en.EU zip, but in the .bat I don't see any commands actually pushing any of those to the phone. All I see is RAZRiRoot2.zip being pushed to the phone. But RAZRiRoot2.zip doesn't have busybox in it. So how does busybox actually get to the phone?

Edit: I guess I can't just flash by fastboot flashing the system img, because it tells me "INFOdata too large"

Last edited:

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego

1) Is flashing these images the only way to convert from Retail.GB to Retail.EU, or is there a better method?

This IS the best method and the reason these were made.

2) I'm pretty familiar with fastboot commands, etc., so I'm comfortable doing it manually. I read something in this thread about 100MB flash increments. But when I look at the FlashAndRoot.bat, I don't see how it is splitting them up into 100MB increments? Was that just an ICS thing? Can I just flash this by ./fastboot flashing the system.img, boot.img, cwm, and then flashing the root.zip?

The fastboot binary is a special one from http://aosp.us/ that's the only way I've got it to work.

3) I see that busybox, su, and superuser.apk are in the Retail.en.EU zip, but in the .bat I don't see any commands actually pushing any of those to the phone. All I see is RAZRiRoot2.zip being pushed to the phone. But RAZRiRoot2.zip doesn't have busybox in it. So how does busybox actually get to the phone?

Make your own ZIP, modify the existing one, push it and change permissions, use a busy box installer, the options are endless.

There.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

raz0r1991

Mar 30, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Hey man i had updated my phone to JB on this way:

RSD LITE 6.1.4 > Installed from my branded ics to Retail sml 20 ICS.

Then i entered CWM and flashed a update package JB.

Fine, my device is now on officia 4.1.2

But i wanna root it, can i unlock my BL and follow your steps to use homemade fastboots, i can flash the homemade fastboot ICS BR 4.1.2? or i need any other thing to proceed, tnx.

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Hey man i had updated my phone to JB on this way:

RSD LITE 6.1.4 > Installed from my branded ics to Retail sml 20 ICS.

Then i entered CWM and flashed a update package JB.

Fine, my device is now on officia 4.1.2

But i wanna root it, can i unlock my BL and follow your steps to use homemade fastboots, i can flash the homemade fastboot ICS BR 4.1.2? or i need any other thing to proceed, tnx.

Any unlocked RAZR i can flash these.

Reactions: raz0r1991

arman68

Sep 22, 2006
Matt,

Now that SuperSU has been updated to support x86 and our phone, would it be possible to update your fastboot with it, ideally allowing updates of SuperSU?

At the momemt, when using your mod (on JB EU retail), SuperSU gets replaced by SuperUser after every boot, and loses the settings. I have tried an failed miserably to make the changes myself.

I did managed to get SuperSU to stick by reflashing the standard boot.img, rooting, and upgrading to SuperSU; but without your mods, the phone is much lesser. So I went back to it and SuperUser.

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Matt,

Now that SuperSU has been updated to support x86 and our phone, would it be possible to update your fastboot with it, ideally allowing updates of SuperSU?

At the momemt, when using your mod (on JB EU retail), SuperSU gets replaced by SuperUser after every boot, and loses the settings. I have tried an failed miserably to make the changes myself.

I did managed to get SuperSU to stick by reflashing the standard boot.img, rooting, and upgrading to SuperSU; but without your mods, the phone is much lesser. So I went back to it and SuperUser.

I would much rather be using the new Superuser by Koush which is open source than Chainfire's closed source SuperSu.

Flash it from the link below in CWM and tell me how well it works or doesn't work. HSD-Pilot reported decent results but it's good to get from as many as possible. I cannot test on my own RAZR i for my sister is now the owner of that phone lol

http://batakang.com/ftp/RAZRi/RootUtility/RAZRiRoot2.1.zip

wozn

Aug 8, 2012
what have you gone to? back to ARM i imagine, to be honest except for the battery life and small form factor with decent build quality, i'd prefer to be back on the ARM train. I just hate the yellow screen on the Razr I, every time i put the nexus 7 down and look back at the razr i am amazed just how yellow it is!

EDIT: the superuser from the homemade still overwrites after flashing that new zip. Keen to try that new superuser, just need to find out why this old superuser won't just stay dead. Must be something you set up? that /rooter folder? even that folder is also regenerating. i gave up on it yesterday and stayed with superuser.

Thanks Matt

Last edited:

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
what have you gone to? back to ARM i imagine, to be honest except for the battery life and small form factor with decent build quality, i'd prefer to be back on the ARM train. I just hate the yellow screen on the Razr I, every time i put the nexus 7 down and look back at the razr i am amazed just how yellow it is!

EDIT: the superuser from the homemade still overwrites after flashing that new zip. Keen to try that new superuser, just need to find out why this old superuser won't just stay dead. Must be something you set up? that /rooter folder? even that folder is also regenerating. i gave up on it yesterday and stayed with superuser.

Thanks Matt

I'm unsure why it keeps re-appearing... nothing special was done this time around besides deleting /system/etc/install-recovery.sh to stop it from removing CWM on each boot.

As for what I am on now, I am currently using a GSM Galaxy Nexus with a 3800 mAh battery. It's certainly nice to have the latest Android OS! I'm thinking of switching to 1 or 2 phones this year possibly.
1. Motorola "X" phone.
2. Intel Quad-Core "Baytrail" phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts