[Q] Since yesterday battery drains like crazy

Search This thread

Dr. Bunsen

Sep 9, 2012
Hi,

I have been using the same rom for one and a half year now(give or take a few months). Never had any issues, a few months ago I bought a new battery, I can easily go 26 hours with 1 charge, but since yesterday, something is draining my battery as if it's life depends on it.

I have not installed anything new for months.

The system feels sluggish, and the battery even depletes even when charging, and the phone is getting hot on random intervals.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this or help identify this? I installed BetterBatteryStats, but I don't know what results I have to post.
I added some screenshots of the battery usage graph. Screen used to be at the top, and adroid system at the bottom(tell me if I have to translate them!).
I also disabled all the location services.
Thanks in advance.

Specs:
Android version: 4.0.3
Kernel version: 3.0.15-I9100XXLPS-CL294511 se.infra@SEP-98 #3
Build number: IML74K.XXLPS

This is a rom I downloaded from here and it has root access.

Attachments

• yesterday-1.png
    yesterday-1.png
    82 KB · Views: 1,804
  • yesterday-3.png
    yesterday-3.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,540
  • yesterday-2.png
    yesterday-2.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,378

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Those battery usage screenshots don't really tell us anything useful.

Search for the BetterBatteryStats thread on here, post your logs from BBS to the thread, people who post to the thread regularly will be able to help you track down what's causing your drain (assuming it's something software/firmware related).

Dr. Bunsen

Sep 9, 2012
Those battery usage screenshots don't really tell us anything useful.

Search for the BetterBatteryStats thread on here, post your logs from BBS to the thread, people who post to the thread regularly will be able to help you track down what's causing your drain (assuming it's something software/firmware related).

Thanks, I will do that