Search This thread

thekenster

Feb 23, 2008
Austin, TX

erikivy

May 7, 2010
Central VA
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
I've been waiting almost 4 years for Sprint 4G. First it was WiMax, then LTE and now SPARC. I'm still stuck in the dark ages with 200 kbs downloads. Maybe by the time I get something better, you guys will be on 6G or 7G technology......but I'm not bitter. :/

aagvain

Apr 18, 2008
dfw
also in austin and have tried every combination of band/priority and no difference.
hopefully soon as sprint speeds here are simply a joke

maxpower7

May 2, 2011
I've been waiting almost 4 years for Sprint 4G. First it was WiMax, then LTE and now SPARC. I'm still stuck in the dark ages with 200 kbs downloads. Maybe by the time I get something better, you guys will be on 6G or 7G technology......but I'm not bitter. :/

+1 for this. I live in a metro area of about a quarter million people (not huge, but not tiny either), and we most likely won't have Sprint LTE until 2018 because our service is provided by an affiliate that owns the infrastructure and is in no hurry to spend any cash to update their backhaul. Spark would be awesome, but usable 3g would also be nice. My account has 5 lines with different contract expiration dates, so switching to another carrier would be way too expensive to even consider right now (unless T-Mobile had decent coverage here, but that's another discussion entirely).

erikivy

May 7, 2010
Central VA
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
+1 for this. I live in a metro area of about a quarter million people (not huge, but not tiny either), and we most likely won't have Sprint LTE until 2018 because our service is provided by an affiliate that owns the infrastructure and is in no hurry to spend any cash to update their backhaul. Spark would be awesome, but usable 3g would also be nice. My account has 5 lines with different contract expiration dates, so switching to another carrier would be way too expensive to even consider right now (unless T-Mobile had decent coverage here, but that's another discussion entirely).

Wow, same exact situation here. I live in a bustling college town with an area population of about 150,000. Sprint service is provided by a janky little network called nTelos and there is no way of knowing when they will ever step into this century. My little company only has 3 lines, but we face the same dilemma. I went so far as to grab a prepaid Tmobile SIM to experiment with, but it was 1X everywhere I tried. I didn't think it was possible to have worse service than Sprint, but TMobile (at least in this area) is pitiful compared to Sprint.

anfjc06

Apr 23, 2009
Update Needed

Just an FYI the Nexus 5 needs an update to make use of spark. Even with all the bands enabled it will only connect to band 25.

jimmyjoebob

Jun 3, 2010
I spent over 45 minutes on the phone with Sprint today trying to find out what:crying: I need to do to get the update. They finally told me "No, it won't work on that phone." WTF!

Google will release a n5 firmware update this quarter we have been told, you have no control over this.

TiltedAz

Oct 19, 2007
In the past it seemed Sprint's objective was to be bought out by another carrier so they tried to expand in under served areas. Now there's rumors of Sprint's new owners wanting to buy out T-mobile.

cornelious2

Dec 27, 2007
Saint Chuck
I connected to band 41 on my nexus for about an hour once then I mucked with the settings and never got it back.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

frozenhotchocolate

Jan 3, 2013
Ann Arbor
I'm in the Detroit metro with unofficial LTE. I got LTE on my gnex most everywhere. Different story on this device with the tri band. I can force LTE, but then I can't get texts or phone calls. I did however go a about fifteen miles north last week and LTE was working automatically. I am optimistic it should be working here soon also.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

eenglish34

Apr 20, 2010
Spark in Dallas

I'm in the Dallas area and have enabled all 3 bands for LTE but don't see anything other than band 25 on my N5. I've changed the priority and all that jazz but nothing changes.

Major disappointment as I got this phone for the tri-band service that was supposed to be so awesome.

I really hope the firmware update this quarter is a real thing and I hope they hurry up with it. Tired of the terrible reception and LTE speeds in and around Dallas. My wife has the S4 and she gets better LTE coverage and speeds than my N5.

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Houston, because I have a problem
I'm in Houston and we have spark here.

As for the N5 no go with all three bands enabled.

I did however get atxt from sprint that says "Over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area making it better than ever! http://sprint.us/network1 Replay S to stop"

Hit that link and no real info.

Also we have found that the update for the N5 will enable the two extra bands and a new APN. Still trying to get the APN from the Flex since it will be rolling out with Spark enabled. I think that is all we will need but don't quote me on that.

metayoshi

Jul 7, 2010
Tustin, CA
The Nexus 5 and LG G2 are going to get their Spark Updates sometime in the future, hopefully soon.

If you really wanted to take advantage of Spark ASAP, you should have gotten a Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini, Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3, HTC One Max, or the new model of the Samsung Galaxy S 4 (Model number: SPH-L720T).

For the Nexus and LG G2, I read somewhere that LG was having problems with getting Triband LTE to work properly, but the G2 is supposedly getting their update by the end of this month. That should be a good sign that our Spark update is on the way as well, though the Nexus update needs to be pushed by Google.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

I spent over 45 minutes on the phone with Sprint today trying to find out what:crying: I need to do to get the update. They finally told me "No, it won't work on that phone." WTF!

Lol... Just like every other single phone in the world out there... You can't get an update that doesn't exist yet.

metayoshi

Jul 7, 2010
Tustin, CA
The Nexus 5 and LG G2 are going to get their Spark Updates sometime in the future, hopefully soon.

If you really wanted to take advantage of Spark ASAP, you should have gotten a Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini, Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3, HTC One Max, or the new model of the Samsung Galaxy S 4 (Model number: SPH-L720T).

For the Nexus and LG G2, I read somewhere that LG was having problems with getting Triband LTE to work properly, but the G2 is supposedly getting their update by the end of this month. That should be a good sign that our Spark update is on the way as well, though the Nexus update needs to be pushed by Google.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Lol... Just like every other single phone in the world out there... You can't get an update that doesn't exist yet.

And what do you know... The LG G2 Spark update is OTA ready right now!
LG G2 Updates

The Nexus 5 shouldn't be too far behind, but again, it's up to LG and Google.

aagvain

Apr 18, 2008
dfw
Finally got some band 41. Kramer/metric area
a6e5ega2.jpg

3y8yza3e.jpg

aagvain

Apr 18, 2008
dfw
fwiw.....
Band priority 41,25,26

a reboot always loses connection to band 41. Update prl always gets it back for me.....even though the prl version stays the same per the phone status