Backing up whatsapp contacts and message conversations from bluestacks to phone

Search This thread

nirajkaushik

Apr 25, 2013
Kolkata
Hey guys,

Since I'm having my board exam, so I don't have my phone right now with me :( and I'm using whatsapp on bluestacks app players. But after exams are over, I'll be soon back with my Xperia U. So guys can you tell me how do I backup my files, folders, apps, whatsapp full media and its full conversation with people I chat with and every single goddamn thing from bluestacks to my phone??

Thanks in advance.

Mickey678

Jun 18, 2013
Hell
Hey guys,

Since I'm having my board exam, so I don't have my phone right now with me :( and I'm using whatsapp on bluestacks app players. But after exams are over, I'll be soon back with my Xperia U. So guys can you tell me how do I backup my files, folders, apps, whatsapp full media and its full conversation with people I chat with and every single goddamn thing from bluestacks to my phone??

Thanks in advance.

Try This:

1. WhatsApp stores a backup of all conversations in the SD Card. It can be accessed by doing the following:
1. Install a File Manager such as Astro File Manager, on BlueStacks
2. Navigate to sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases/
3. The message history backups are stored here. Click down on the file msgstore.db.crypt,
select Copy from the options that come up. Navigate to
/sdcard/bstfolder/bstSharedFolder/ and paste the file.
4. This file can now be accessed on the PC by navigating to
C:/ProgramData/BlueStacks/UserData/SharedFolder.
2. Now the messages can be accessed by decrypting the databases (this link tells you how)

I Don't Know That Whether It'll Work Or Not. :confused: [Do At Your Own Risk. :p]

israeltrevino

Apr 23, 2014
This worked for me

1. Explore your phone files on your PC, search for whatsapp messages in something like this: phone/whatsapp/databases
2. Upload the last created message database you found to your Dropbox or Drive account
3. Install file manager HD in bluestack (This App allows you to copy/delete files from SD and cloud servers/dropbox)
4. Make sure to uninstall whatsapp from bluestack before you do next step
5. In the file manager HD identify the database you upload in dropbox
6. Install whatsapp, before they ask your phone number do the next step
7. In file manager hd move the message file from dropbox to SDcard/whatsapp/databases
8. Put phone in whatsapp and it will ask you to recover messages, accept, and it should work

kpvinodh

Sep 16, 2009
while updating the bluestacks whatsapp, i changed my profile name and now no old history is available... how to get my old chat history, Please help.

cdp22

Jun 16, 2015
ahmedabad
OnePlus 6T
better idea is install file manager make a zip file of watsapp folder and paste it to /sdcard/bstfolder/bstSharedFolder/
find that zip file on your pc from C:/ProgramData/BlueStacks/UserData/SharedFolder and paste it in your phone and extract it to your internal directory and done
:cool: