[Q] Overriding Buttons without 3Minit

Search This thread

beerindex

Jun 10, 2013
3Minit was pretty great. But development stopped and it was pulled from the app store. And I have neither the framework nor the corresponding settings app backed up anywhere to re-install. Honestly, cosmetics aren't a big deal to me, so I can perfectly well get by without most of those functions. But the one thing I care about is also the one thing I haven't found a fitting alternative for: changing button behavior.

To be clear, here is what I used to have my device doing:

Menu Long Press - Launch Colornote

Home Long Press - Screenshot
Home Double Tap - Recent Apps

Back Long Press - Kill app

Now, I know that there are xposed modules like wanamp that will let me restore my old settings to the back and home button. But I haven't found a solution that lets me alter what the menu button does too. I want to be able to launch Color Note from anywhere with a long press once again.

Solutions?

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
3Minit was pretty great. But development stopped and it was pulled from the app store. And I have neither the framework nor the corresponding settings app backed up anywhere to re-install. Honestly, cosmetics aren't a big deal to me, so I can perfectly well get by without most of those functions. But the one thing I care about is also the one thing I haven't found a fitting alternative for: changing button behavior.

To be clear, here is what I used to have my device doing:

Menu Long Press - Launch Colornote

Home Long Press - Screenshot
Home Double Tap - Recent Apps

Back Long Press - Kill app

Now, I know that there are xposed modules like wanamp that will let me restore my old settings to the back and home button. But I haven't found a solution that lets me alter what the menu button does too. I want to be able to launch Color Note from anywhere with a long press once again.

Solutions?

Gravitybox is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G especially for what you wanna do. Plus it offers TONS of more options. Pleas try it out and lemme know how it goes!