[GAME][2.3+] 2048 Puzzle Game Native

Search This thread

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hello,

I make this thread to present you my Android native implementation of 2048 puzzle game that is available in Google Play Store : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ssaurel.puzzle2048

QR code to download the game quickly :

qrcode_2048.png

The APK is also availble from my server directly if you don't have Google Play Store on your device : http://www.ssaurel.com/puzzle2048/Puzzle2048.apk

I have been a little bit disappointed by some Android implementations of 2048 that were based on webview embedding the original game in HTML / JS. I found the app not very smooth and reactive. So, I decided to create a native Android implementation :).

The goal of the game is the same : You must join numbers by moving tiles and get 2048 Tile to win game !

You can discover the implementation in action here :

I added support for Google Play Games to share leaderboards between players and to manage achievements that you can win by playing to 2048 Puzzle.

New feature is also added. With 2048 Puzzle, you can cheat to win game more easily. You can cheat with 2 by removing Tiles with 2, or cheat with 4 or cheat with 8. When you start to play, you will have 15 default cheats offered but as it's bad to cheat, you must buy cheats if you cheat more than 15 times !

Some screenshots of the game :

* Main screen with board

main_en.png

* Connect to Google Play Games

drawer_en.png

* Cheat actions (2, 4 or 8)

menu_en.png

* Share your score when game is ended

gameover_en.png

* Drawer menu to access leaderboards and achievements

drawer_en.png

* Leaderboards (Score, Time, Tile)

leaderboards_en.png

* Achievements to unlock

achievements_en.png

If you have ideas to improve or simply feedbacks, don't hesitate to contact me by email : sylvain.saurel@gmail.com or in that thread.

Thanks.

Sylvain

Last edited:

f0tl

Apr 15, 2014
Game name in market "2048 Puzzle". Without "Game Native". didn't immediately find

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Game name in market "2048 Puzzle". Without "Game Native". didn't immediately find

Yes, it was just to make difference on XDA thread with some implementations that used webview.

The URL link to Play Store is here to help you to find the game more quickly ;).

mitom911

Apr 5, 2014
Oh, I need it for a long time and now I found it.
I like it, i think my son 'll love it and improve his math ;)

f0tl

Apr 15, 2014
Yes, it was just to make difference on XDA thread with some implementations that used webview.

The URL link to Play Store is here to help you to find the game more quickly ;).

just I read from PC, and search from device. Never mind, good app. Good luck with your app!

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
New version is up !

Hello,

New version is up !

It fixes some bugs with leaderboards and achievements.

Enjoy !

Reactions: Marvelix

gotroot801

Jun 9, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Two things:

The tile moving animation seems a little sluggish. Any chance to add a setting to adjust that?

Also, how about an ad-free version? It's a really good (and good looking) 2048 game, and I'd have no problem throwing a buck or two your way if it meant ditching ads.

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Two things:

The tile moving animation seems a little sluggish. Any chance to add a setting to adjust that?

Also, how about an ad-free version? It's a really good (and good looking) 2048 game, and I'd have no problem throwing a buck or two your way if it meant ditching ads.

Hello,

Thanks for your message.

For the tile animation, I can add possibility to adjust in prefs.

For a pro (ad-free) version, I'm going to make that quickly ;).

Sylvain

Reactions: gotroot801

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Version 1.2 is up !

Please, could you add 4096 mode?

Hello,

Version 1.2 of 2048 Puzzle is up !

It comes with following features :
* Mode 4096
* Mode Endless
* Leaderboards associated with these new modes
* New Achievements for these modes
* Fix a bug with Cheat 1 Achievement
* Speed of animation's tiles is increased for better UI effect.

I uploaded the new version now on Play Store. So, it will be available in a few hours on your device.

I continue to work on the game to improve. Next improvement to implement : Undo feature !

Sylvain

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Version 1.3 is up !

Hello,

Like promise, version 1.3 is up !

It comes with Undo feature for last 5 moves :).

Enjoy :).

Sylvain

Reactions: Bait-Fish

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I make this thread to present you my Android native implementation of 2048 puzzle game that is available in Google Play Store : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ssaurel.puzzle2048

QR code to download the game quickly :

qrcode_2048.png

The APK is also availble from my server directly if you don't have Google Play Store on your device : http://www.ssaurel.com/puzzle2048/Puzzle2048.apk

I have been a little bit disappointed by some Android implementations of 2048 that were based on webview embedding the original game in HTML / JS. I found the app not very smooth and reactive. So, I decided to create a native Android implementation :).

The goal of the game is the same : You must join numbers by moving tiles and get 2048 Tile to win game !

You can discover the implementation in action here :

I added support for Google Play Games to share leaderboards between players and to manage achievements that you can win by playing to 2048 Puzzle.

New feature is also added. With 2048 Puzzle, you can cheat to win game more easily. You can cheat with 2 by removing Tiles with 2, or cheat with 4 or cheat with 8. When you start to play, you will have 15 default cheats offered but as it's bad to cheat, you must buy cheats if you cheat more than 15 times !

Some screenshots of the game :

* Main screen with board

main_en.png

* Connect to Google Play Games

drawer_en.png

* Cheat actions (2, 4 or 8)

menu_en.png

* Share your score when game is ended

gameover_en.png

* Drawer menu to access leaderboards and achievements

drawer_en.png

* Leaderboards (Score, Time, Tile)

leaderboards_en.png

* Achievements to unlock

achievements_en.png

If you have ideas to improve or simply feedbacks, don't hesitate to contact me by email : sylvain.saurel@gmail.com or in that thread.

Thanks.

Sylvain
    New best score !

Hello,

Some news about 2048 Puzzle Game.

An incredible player has reached Tile 32768 and made more than 500K points. Congratulations to him !

For the game, I planned to make new release in some time. So, if you have ideas to improve tell me.
    For the moment, following features are studied :

• Grid 5x5, Grid 6x6
    • Time mode (30s, 60s, 90s, 120s)
    • Undo feature allowed when you lose

Sylvain
    2048 Black Edition is now available !

Hello,

Following suggestions from some users of 2048 Puzzle Game, I made a 2048 Black Edition with help of XDA Member Alex Cerv. That version is also freely available on Google Play Store : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ssaurel.puzzle2048.be

A dedicated XDA Thread is also available here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2745856

Obviously, Leaderboards and Achievements are shared between the 2 applications. It's just a way to choose preferred theme for 2048.

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think about this Black Edition :).

Sylvain
    Direct link to APK added

Can someone give me the apk file?
    Play Store isn't installed on my device.

Sent from my GT-I5500 [OmniROM 4.4.2]

Hello,

I updated new version of 2048 Puzzle with new modes (4096 and Endless).
    I uploaded an APK on my server for you and others that don't have Play Store on their device ;).

Link is the following : http://www.ssaurel.com/puzzle2048/Puzzle2048.apk

Enjoy :)

Sylvain
    Version 1.2 is up !

Please, could you add 4096 mode?

Hello,

Version 1.2 of 2048 Puzzle is up !

It comes with following features :
    * Mode 4096
    * Mode Endless
    * Leaderboards associated with these new modes
    * New Achievements for these modes
    * Fix a bug with Cheat 1 Achievement
    * Speed of animation's tiles is increased for better UI effect.

I uploaded the new version now on Play Store. So, it will be available in a few hours on your device.

I continue to work on the game to improve. Next improvement to implement : Undo feature !

Sylvain