One Piece Micro USB MHL to HDMI converter/cable

Search This thread

Wotta

Dec 14, 2010
I tried the Skiva unit (which is essentially a commodity - two red six-foot cables - one for power, one for micro-USB, to an HDMI connector, available under dozens of brand names) - no dice. Even the power connection was unreliable.

I have the multi-piece cheap kit with the angular dongle - also a cheap Chinese commodity and probably precisely what Wow is selling, but at several dollars less after shipping and with better Amazon return policies - coming in a few days and will report then.

I very much prefer the approach my Droid 4 takes, of a dedicated Micro-D HDMI output port. For all the great features of the Samsung SM-T320 (the 8.4" Tab Pro), this and the lack of OTG USB power are bizarre omissions.

Last edited:

Wotta

Dec 14, 2010
I have the multi-piece cheap kit with the angular dongle - also a cheap Chinese commodity and probably precisely what Wow is selling, but at several dollars less after shipping and with better Amazon return policies - coming in a few days and will report then.
The EEKit unit works perfectly. But it comes without directions and has about ten parts, of which you need really just three.

Plug the dongle into the TV, plug the tiny micro-USB to micro-USB SIII plug into the phone input, plug a micro-USB male to micro-USB male cable between that and the Samsung tablet. (Several cables are provided that would work.) Plug your charger into the other micro-USB plug on the dongle. It just works. With several parts left over.

Wotta

Dec 14, 2010
One addendum; the EEEKit unit (and presumably the Wow clone) uses the charger to power the dongle, but doesn't seem to use it to power the tablet. The one-piece red unit (Skiva et al) does power the tablet via the cable... which would be more useful if it also worked for it's intended purpose.

Wotta

Dec 14, 2010
One addendum; the EEEKit unit (and presumably the Wow clone) uses the charger to power the dongle, but doesn't seem to use it to power the tablet. The one-piece red unit (Skiva et al) does power the tablet via the cable... which would be more useful if it also worked for it's intended purpose.

And even more data... since I hadn't sent back the Skiva yet, I tried the S III connector that enabled the EEEKit to work on it. It looks like this unit (Amazon).

With it, the Skiva works. Although it didn't charge with this connected. Which implies that the problem is the Samsung isn't doing the standard outputs.

So the solution is either the full EEEKit set, or the one-piece red cable unit with the S III 5-to11 pin converter.

bkfitz

Jun 4, 2010
Bummer... don't want to carry around three pieces, but also don't want to spend $40. Hopefully someone will find a 3rd party one-piece that will work and post here...

Wotta

Dec 14, 2010
Bummer... don't want to carry around three pieces, but also don't want to spend $40. Hopefully someone will find a 3rd party one-piece that will work and post here...
Plug the pieces together, glue them with superglue, and it's one piece, still only $15. :cool:

hsktommox

Sep 29, 2013
Reply to mhl to hdmi converter

Has anyone confirmed successful use of a One Piece Micro USB MHL to HDMI converter/cable other than the $40 Samsung OEM one? I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Pro and want to push video and audio to HDMI without carrying around three items (as is the case with this solution that seems to work per other posts: http://www.wowparts.com/mhl-to-hdmi...-1-2014-editin-notepro-12-2-tab-pro-8-4-10-1/).

Thanks!

Several days ago. I saw a mhl to hdmi adapter product from Hdgenius. i think manybe it is very useful for you. If you are interested in it. You can have a look !

Top Liked Posts