[Q] Is this a worthy upgrade?

Search This thread

peRFect!

Dec 13, 2012
India
Even worse is the fact that the manufacturers apparently think that the S400 with cortex A7 cores is somehow better than the dual core Krait or the dual core A15 configuration. It's a big step back in terms of raw processing power. That's the only reason why I thought of this device. All the others have stupid S400 cores, including the HTC One mini 2 and the Galaxy S5 Mini (which are likely to priced above this one).

As for the display, my older phone was the X10, which had around 240ppi. I'm sure the 720p display will be a big boost :)
so what have u decided to buy finally? :)

inadequate

May 15, 2012
so what have u decided to buy finally? :)
Still no idea. :D :confused:
Been going on like this for four months now. :|
But it'll most likely be this one. Ironic that I'm going to buy a Samsung device after calling it Sam****e, Crap****, Samdung etc for the better part of the last three years. :D Fate's a *****.

Last edited:

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012
Still no idea. :D :confused:
Been going on like this for four months now. :|
But it'll most likely be this one. Ironic that I'm going to buy a Samsung device after calling it Sam****e, Crap****, Samdung etc for the better part of the last three years. :D Fate's a *****.

We are in the same boat. I bashed Samsung due to the stutters and lag touchwiz has BUT who knew man. I am a BIG touchwiz fan now haha. Love Samsung hahaha.

peRFect!

Dec 13, 2012
India
@inadequate & @filthykid - I don't curse but do complain about the Samsung bloatware, but having used devices from so many companies, I feel samsung makes the most complete, stable & functional devices.

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
I swore that I would never purchase a Exynos device in future and here I'm with another Samsung phone . Every phone has its flaws but somehow Samsung makes me a loyal customer to their brand

dev neo

Apr 19, 2013
baroda
Don't ever buy it

ATTENTION PLEASE GUYS
i am here to alert u guys who doesn't want waste their money on crap things.
YES,YOU HEARD IT. ###### DON'T BUY SAMSUNG NOTE 3 NEO #####

& of course i m saying of my exeperiance in real life..
my full history #### read it IF U DON"T WANT TO WASTE YOUR MONEY"

i am from india & i know to use a android- root it ,flash,install custom rom,hardware software.currently i own a GS3.WHICH IS PERFECT
@ SEPTEMBER 4 ,i bought samsung grand 2 dual sim in 18000INR ( 291.96 us $ )
after 2 nd day started heating @ backside of the phone near the camera,stared restarting,
upgraded it to kitkat @ ALL the way to NH6 FIRMWARE .still restarted anytime.:rolleyes:
tried factory reset countless times ,flashed diffrent firmware offcourse of kitkat because u can't downgrade because of KNOX.:mad:
i was so frusteted & don't tell me that was faulty because when i went to service centre they said my phone meets all SAR VALUE according to samsung.
so i put up with a complete yet faulty phone.

i sold grand 2 @ very big loss & decided to buy SAMSUNG NOTE 3 NEO (my worst & silly purchase i ever made):(
PURCHASED SAMSUNG NOTE 3 NEO on 12 OCTOBER after 14 OCTOBER it started HEATING SO MUCH ON FRONT SIDE NEAR EARPIECE @ SCRREN'S UPPER SIDE.!!!:crying:
so i decided to wait some days ..meanwhile these days it started HEATING SO MUCH I CAN'T EVEN HOLD IT IN HAND & TALK WITH SOMEONE.
i disabled KNOX because someplace on internet they were saying on note3 forums it was
KNOX which was causing the issue,( nut my grand 2 didn't had even KNOX in app drawer !!!)
ok..then i used it a while & bang!!!
OVERHEATING & my SCRREN BRIGHTNESS GOT LOW THAT I CAN'T SEE EVEN A THING.:confused:
again tried factory reseted almost 8 times i remeber with different methods.ddidn't help
went to service centre ..& guess what ? they told me same story with SAR VALUE
i tried to exaplain them that i couldn't even talk .
BECAUSE EARPIECE WAS GETTING SO HOT IT WAS CAUSING SOME RADIATION &
AFTER CALL I WOULD FEEL DEAFNESS..!! :crying:yes ,you read it true,deafness,i can't hear thing about 60-70 seconds.
they didn't replaced my phone
BUT I THINK EVEN THEY COULD HAVE REPLACED IT ,I WAS GOING TO FACE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN
because SAMSUNG DON'T DESIGNING PHONE NOW-A-DAYS .
now today 16 october just 5 hours ago @ 8 pm i sold my NOTE 3 NEO AGAIN WITH SO MUCH LOSS.

& plz i m not a other brand sales -executive that gives false thing about samsung ..i was really hard fan of samsung &
was to happy about samsung's low prices.
BUT PLZ GUYS DON'T BUY THIS PHONE .because now searched up a while on internet
everywhere people say's NOTE 3 NEO IS OVERHEATING .&
by the way IT'S ALWAYS HEATED @ FRONT EARPIECE SO HOW EVEN U R SUPPOSED TO TALK WITH ANYONE.
u put it in apocket ,geats heated,do something -gets overheated.
really that's why i paid 24,000 INR (389 USD $ ) TO GET PAIN FROM A PHONE THAT DOESN'T DO IT;S BASIC JOB.

LAST SUGGESTION :

<<<<>>>>>>>>><<>>>>>>> DON'T BUY A SAMSUNG PHONE WHICH IS OVERHEATING ,PLZ SEARCH IT ABOUT ON INTERNET BEFORE BUYING A SAMSUNG PRODUCT.
MY MONEY IS GONE.I WISH YOUR'S NOT TILL NOW. <<<<>>><<<<<>>>>>>>><<<<>>>>

nick99n

Jun 28, 2014
mine is not overheating at all and if you want custom roms you better search before xda and then buy it

dev neo

Apr 19, 2013
baroda
mine is not overheating at all and if you want custom roms you better search before xda and then buy it

i never said i wanted to install custom rom on note3 neo or grand 2.
i do it on my s3 alot.
buddy if ur's isn't getting overheated then u r one of them 2-3% people who bought htis and happy with it.

biggoof75

Aug 30, 2011
My neo is working fine too.
No suspicious hot spots or so.

Lucky me. :)

Still 4.3 though. Waiting for 4.4

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app

Evil Eye

Apr 4, 2006
Ahmedabad
Wow.. my neo does feel warm at times but doesn't overhea like your did.. anyway which phone did you buy later?

Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Free mobile app

DjKukuc

Jan 14, 2012

I bought my Note 3 Neo 7505 LTE two months ago.
Coming from Nexus 5 to Samsung I was expecting some problems, as its my experience. My Note was a bit laggy but no overheating, phone didnt even was warm no matter what i was doin. But after I flashed Italian KitKat (week ago) my phone working like a charm, better perfomance, response and battery life changed like for 20%. Still I would like to root phone but of course I dont want to void warranty so i disabled all of the Samsung apps I was able.
Looking for Bulldog ROM, but until dev fix those major problems i will keep stock KK.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

After three years using the legendary Xperia X10, it's finally given out on me and died. Is this a good upgrade over that? Where I live, it is possible to get the LG G2 and the HTC One M7 for around the same price, but I have my reservations about buying them because they're old models.

Should I get this phone, or go for something else?
    N3 Neo is definitely a big upgrade over Xperia X10 in all respects!
    Now coming to ur point regarding the other two phones u mentioned.. I think among the 3 u should choose between N3 Neo & G2, now it depends on ur preferences which phone u do choose, both phones have their own advantages-

G2 over Neo:
    - 1080p screen
    - More powerful GPU if ure a hardcore gamer
    - Handy size
    - IPS display
    - Great dev support

Neo over G2:
    - Bigger screen if u like the extra real estate
    - Note features & S-Pen
    - No overheating issues
    - Samsung has much better service support
    - Better battery life
    - Super Amoled screen
    - Expandable storage & removable battery

Ure from Trivandrum so I don't think both the phones have nearly the same cost.. in fact G2 is much costlier!
    Flipkart prices - 27.5K for Note 3 Neo & G2 (32gb) for 36K

buy wisely! :)
    Thanks man. Actually, the prices of both phones are nearly the same, if you know dealers. The main problem with the Note 3 Neo seems to be the lack of developer support. Coming from the X10 (which had a HUGE developer base), the support on this forum seems to be lacking.

Is there a 4.4 update for the Neo?
    Yeah.. local dealers may give u better deals.
    If ure a flashaholic then this phone is not for u (atleast for now).
    I used to be a flashaholic having the S2 which still has excellent dev support, but since I've bought this phone, my desire to root & modify have vanished.. the phone has exceptional battery life, smooth performance & a lot of neat features which I love. I don't plan to use aosp & cm roms cos this phone is a note & the S-Pen defines it! :D
    Nowadays we get most of the new cool features through Xposed so no point about stock based custom roms.. but yeah it's about personal preference!

The KitKat update is due and we have still not recd it (u know sammy is slow with updates).. we'll get it shortly I guess..
    Thanks man. Actually, the prices of both phones are nearly the same, if you know dealers. The main problem with the Note 3 Neo seems to be the lack of developer support. Coming from the X10 (which had a HUGE developer base), the support on this forum seems to be lacking.

Is there a 4.4 update for the Neo?
    Kitkat update is only avaialbe for korean variant of Note 3 neo at the moment . Rest should be updated I think .

If dev support is what you're looking for , DO NOT buy an exynos phone and esp. this one as it's not quite popular like the rest
    What do you mean by this Xposed? What is it exactly? And as for flashing and developer support, I'm not too keen on those. The only reason I turned to the forums was because my old X10 had started to lag. I suppose the only reason I'll need to root this phone would be to remove some of the trashy apps made by Samsung that nobody uses, like S Voice and the like.
    Yes I know, the amount of bloat Samsung dumps into the phone is painful, but u can disable most of it & completely remove it after rooting so that's the good part.
    okay, now about Xposed, search for "Xposed framework" on google & visit addictivetips site which explains everything about Xposed. It's one of the greatest android root apps. :)
    Really? There's only one thread about rooting here on these forums, and those guys had problems rooting it. That's why I said so.
    U can use CF auto root for N750, my neo bro @sgatechwork used it & completely modded his phone after that. :D