Nandroid Backup Video Tutorial

Search This thread

nchc

Oct 9, 2010
Huawei P30 Pro
thanks. always done a titanium backup before flashing, but wasnt confident of how to do a nandroid backup....until now -cheers

oTToToTenTanz

Aug 11, 2008
Very nice video. Explained a lot to me, wonderful. I have got one question left: how big is such a back up file in general?
Cheers, Kon

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
I knew how to do this but this is handy for newbies, i think you only need 1 back up at any given time on your SD card otherwise it'll take up so much space.

Soccer_Dad

Jan 5, 2011
Montevideo
It takes a snap shot of your current state, which includes kernel.
Um, I don't think so. It creates 5 image files of (what appear to be) your ROM directories - cache, data, dbdata, efs, and system. None of those directories has your kernel information.

To ensure a viable restore, you need to be able to convert to at least a compatible kernel, preferably the identical kernel, and a compatible modem.

But the good news is that it works and is easy. I do some backpacking, and I have a minimalist nandroid backup that gives me GPS, a book reader, a few games, and not much else. Before I set out, I backup my current setup, then restore the "GPS only" backup, which I have defaulted to flight mode. When I'm done with the trip, I simply restore the full backup. In this case, my current setup was froyo, with froyo GPS, but had I been current with gingerbread, I would have only had to flash a compatible kernel in advance of each change.

So I can have the best GPS for trips, but still have gingerbread when I'm in town.

ngavarta

Jul 9, 2008
Shanghai, China
This made backup simple ... "=.= never knew it's that simple in CynagenMod (wel at least kind of similar with this one) while I had it all the while

Top Liked Posts